Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
burnsey23
Earning My Ears

Park at TTC and walk to Polynesia to Ride Monorail to MK for Earlier Start

I read this in the Disney Unofficial Guide and wanted to get some thoughts on it.

My family and I, staying outside the Disney resorts, want to get up early and be one of the first there at the parks. But the problem with getting to the MK early is that the monorail or ferry don't start taking people until 8:30AM and the park opens at 9AM.

The Guide suggested to drive to the TTC and pay to park. Then walk from the TTC to the Polynesian resort. I've read that it is really close to TTC. From the resort we can get on the monorail at an earlier time than we would be able to at the TTC.

By leaving from the Polynesian resort, we can be at the MK earlier and be one of the first in line.

I just want to make sure that we can board at the hotel and ride from there since we are not guest. I would hate to have to walk all the way back to the TTC to ride.

thanks,
burnsey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Yes this is possible. It's not too far to walk from the one to the other if this is what you want to do.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

I'm sort of confused. DH and I had reservations at CP last September at 8:05. The ferry wasn't running but the monorail was. This had to be around 7:30.
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

The resort monorail starts running at 7am. And there are many times that the resort line doesn't stop at the TTC in the morning, early, simply because it is for the resort guests, not those boarding at the TTC.
Yes, you can park at the TTC and then walk over to the Polynesian. When you get to where the ticket booths are, at the TTC, go to the left. Walk all the way to the left, where you will see a pathway, with signage, to the Polynesian. The walk from the TTC tix booths to the monorail area at the Polynesian is about 15 mins or so.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
The resort monorail starts running at 7am. And there are many times that the resort line doesn't stop at the TTC in the morning, early, simply because it is for the resort guests, not those boarding at the TTC.
Then how do they expect off site guests to get to their early ADR's.

Quote:
Yes, you can park at the TTC and then walk over to the Polynesian. When you get to where the ticket booths are, at the TTC, go to the left. Walk all the way to the left, where you will see a pathway, with signage, to the Polynesian. The walk from the TTC tix booths to the monorail area at the Polynesian is about 15 mins or so.
If this how to get there for the early ADR's form the TTC how is someone supposed to know this. x 2
Old 05-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #6
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
If this how to get there for the early ADR's form the TTC how is someone supposed to know this. x 2
DH and I were able to get on the monorail from the TTC between 7:30 and 8 AM. There was a cast member there already, maybe he radioed the monorail, but it definately topped and we made our 8 AM ADR for CP. Even if the CM wasn't there can't the monorail drivers see people waiting at the station?
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Quote:

The last time we stayed off site and had an ADR at Chef Mickey's, we parked at TTC and went to the Resort Monorail. A CM was posted at the entrance and we told them we had the reservation. We rode the resort line around the CR and all was good. It definitely stopped at TTC because we got on.

Duds
Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

I can't explain it. I do know that when I've used the resort monorail, at 7am, to get from the Polynesian to CMs, I was told, by the monorail pilot, that they start the express monorail later than the resort monorail. He gave no reason.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic kingdom, monorail, parking, polynesian, ttc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: