Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #46
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
no offical plans yet, but we're pushing for Dec.
His hip is just OK. He is still having pain and they found he has a peice that is too big sticking out and a muscle is pulling on it. The only way to fix it is to redo it. I am not happy about that. He is letting it go for now, but I am really ticked off about the whole thing. The Dr said he would have to put a smaller peice in if he re did it. this guy is supposed to be great and never has problems and the one time he does it's us.
Oh! Jen I am so sorry to hear that!
Danny's knee does not line up just right since his; but, he said it is not something he cannot live with. I bet he does have some pain if the transplant material is larger than it should have been. Danny's bones are so large that they had to quickly change in the OR to a different size the doc said he did not think his bone was that big...I don't blame either of you for not wanting to go through it again this soon. Maybe he will be able to hang in there for a few years that way he won't need a replacement as soon when he gets older. We figure Danny will need two more in his lifetime (I hope only one but time will tell)...
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #47
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Wow, the water was cold?
When we had went to POP's pool, it was warm- we thought the pool must have been heated or something! And we went a few weeks before you... how odd!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #48
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Pop's pools are heated, but I think sometimes more than other days. LOL!

What is SoG that you were geting tickets at....oh wait, was it shades of green?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #49
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
First off, cute pics of Ashton this year and last at the rest stop! Poor little guy banged his head

Ashton looks adorable in his Mickey hat at the pool! I feel bad that you guys didn't get to do some things you wanted though, like resort hop. All the more reason to go back, right?

Can't wait to hear about your first park day!
Yes, Pam I think the next time will be Ashton and I only and I'm sending Danny to a nascar race (he has never been and he has been wanting to go for years). In fact I was looking at when the last race is scheduled the other day but I really think it is something I would like to do next year (just a thought)....I have the last three race weekends saved on the WDW website w/price quotes :lamo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I love the kids pool at POP! How fun!! I stayed at POP when Myles was 9 months old but it was the week after xmas and everything was so crowded... I dont think we ever used the pool. I love Ashton's Stitch Suit... I almost bought that the other day..

I think we are going to eat at EOS on the day we get into Disney. I have heard the tomato soup was good.... (that is one of Owen's favorites so I will have to remember to order that for him!)

Looking forward to hearing about your first day in the parks. BTW... I noticed a picture on Facebook of Ashton sitting on your mom's lap on the scooter! All I could think of was you saying before that you didnt want him on that!!
Nickie, I don't care for tomato soup but I really like EoS...mom tried w/the EVC each time she would turn it off to stop and wait for someone or something she had him on her lap; she did try one time to ride with him and I swooped him up and did not let him near her for a long time afterwards. Daddy told her she was a child who liked to push my buttons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Wow, the water was cold?
When we had went to POP's pool, it was warm- we thought the pool must have been heated or something! And we went a few weeks before you... how odd!
I'm sorry Sara, the pools were warm enough to swim in but the children's pool with the sprayers were COLD... the pools on the other hand were about 80 something not hot by any means but swimable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Pop's pools are heated, but I think sometimes more than other days. LOL!

What is SoG that you were geting tickets at....oh wait, was it shades of green?
the Saturday we got there the pool was really warm; but, I don't think they heated it back up after the rain on Sunday...
yes, Shades of Green.

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 05-06-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #50
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures at the pool -- too cute (but it looks like that water is cold!).
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #51
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I can tell from Ashton's face that the water was cold.

Sorry to hear that your parents aren't lovin' the Disney food.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #52
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

The photos are so cute of Ashton! He looks like he is having a blast- but it does look like the water is cold from the expression on his face in one of the photos.
I didn't have a clue that they sold those lightsabers at WalMart.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #53
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I sure hope you had a great time and your parents did not drive you crazy! I am worried that DMIL will drive me up the castle wall, through it, back up the wall to get out of the castle and back down the wall...
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #54
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures of Ashton playing in the pool . I think we are going to go to DTD on our arrival day too. I want to try EoS and since McDonald's is closing I may be able to convince Dale

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 05-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #55
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I sure hope you had a great time and your parents did not drive you crazy! I am worried that DMIL will drive me up the castle wall, through it, back up the wall to get out of the castle and back down the wall...

Stephanie, I had a wonderful time...could I have had a better time...YES!
could they have had a better time YES!

sending you a PM!

groups with different interest should split up! sometimes a week together all the time for a week is too much! especially with me and my dad's personality
Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #56
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Cute pictures of Ashton playing in the pool . I think we are going to go to DTD on our arrival day too. I want to try EoS and since McDonald's is closing I may be able to convince Dale
If not pick up what the guys would like and head over to EoS for yourself and sit outside on their nice little covered area. We did that last year, we picked up Wolfgang mac n cheese for Ashton and we ate EoS.
We really enjoy their soups, sandwiches, mixed salads, and now their tossed salads...
Old 05-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #57
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Great start Connie!!! I was so bummed we never ran into eachother, I never once saw a single Dis member!!! Ashton is so adorable and you can just see all that excitement he had when you got into your rooms!!! SUPER awesome you got the bed requests you wanted too!!!! Our pool at FQ was REALLY cold too!! Looking forward to much more!!!!!!!!!!
Beth
Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #58
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

OT: Clairfication

Real quick for those of you just joining along I think a quick background explaniantion of my parents and them joining....

my mom is slightly handicapped (what does that mean) she FX her spine when she was 16 yrs old, while daddy was in the Army in CO(they married young when he was drafted). Well, she was told she only walked again because of her age at the time...

so, she has a very hard time walking for long distances (so, they rented her an ECV), Dad loves to travel but to God made places: the mountains, islands, national parks (in fact he asked me our last night at disney if they had one close he would go do that instead of US ). So, he does not care for amusement parks of any kind and he hates to spend money!!! can you say tight wad...

My children and I are very close to both of my parents and I love to travel with them to the mountains...not to the beach or places like Disney...in fact I am hoping that they join Danny and I next year when we go to Yellowstone!

I believe if they would have said they were coming in the beginning and I would have been able to make some ADR's for them along with letting them know what my goals were things would have been happier for all...

This trip was for them to be with Ashton (I can understand that--they did it with the older children twice) but, in the way they complained about things (food--the older kids not being around) we ended up missing out on alot of things for Ashton; which in turn made me upset and each time dad would complain about something it made me feel bad(I felt like a teen again that did something wrong by accident); I felt like I needed to keep everyone happy....after all isn't this suppose to be the happiest place on Earth!

So, did we have fun?!? YES! I had a great time...would things have gone smoother with a better understanding, before we left; DEFINATELY!!! I had really thought we did that two weeks before we left

So, if you are traveling with a group and you are all on the same page it should be great...but, I would add that I do believe you should have some personal time; it keeps everyone fresh and happy!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #59
Mombits
Mouseketeer

Yay!!! Can't wait to read about your trip. I'm hoping you had as much fun as we did!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459373

Old 05-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #60
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I'm sorry Sara, the pools were warm enough to swim in but the children's pool with the sprayers were COLD... the pools on the other hand were about 80 something not hot by any means but swimable.
Ohh, thanks for clearing it up
When we went the kids play area with the water spraying stuff, was closed. So, we didn't get to try that out

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: