Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #136
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain with the large group issue! We had 7 and that was plenty!

Your pics all turned out so cute!

And I started my TR if you are interested!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #137
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Lots of lines! I hope the lines get better.

I just read IASW is going to be closed when we go--I'm bummed. I think DD would have enjoyed it. I have never rode Dumbo either. I am looking forward to riding it for the first time with DD.

Thanks for doing your TR! I appreciate you being honest too!!
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #138
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Great updates Connie .
Thanks! Dana you are going to be in Disney is less than a week...I'm jealous wish I could be going back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Great update! You know- I have never ridden Dumbo, either. I'm going to be sure to do that on my next trip.
I will have to make a point of it to be sure to get there early the next time we go and ride Dumbo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
Great pics Connie! My mom and I love the TTA also!

Your pics are making me a little sad I skipped The Carousel of Progress this year, so I might just have to google the song and listen to it to cheer myself up again.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything by not riding Dumbo! That was one of our longest waits, and your right, the sun is killer. I didn't think I'd make it with that large backpack. That's one thing that makes me super excited about the Fantasyland expansion!
I can't wait for the expansion (even if Ashton is a boy)...I think we are waiting to go back for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovebug View Post
Great update, Connie! Maybe you should have traveled with the guy behind you on It's a Small World...HE looked excited!
when I went back and looked over the pictures I posted I noticed him too! and thought the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update. And I promise NOT to tell Mark that you didn't ride Dumbo. We ride this every trip; we either do it right after our 8:05 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace because we are at the rope by the Castle before they open up or we do it on Extra Magic Hour morning...Mark would be very depressed if we did not ride Dumbo at least once (and how old is my husband again???).
I think that is so sweet! They really need to put up a canopy for the line area I have always thought that...it will be nice when the new one has fans and a cover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
You've got a lot done so far! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day...
The morning was really a great one; and the only long line of the day was Peter Pan...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
All caught up! Great report. Can"t wait for more. You have a beautiful family sorry about your friend Ginny.
Thank you for the compliment and condolence...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
Great report! I love how wonderful your daughter is with her little brother

It's hard to be come back to realityland, isn't it??
over! seen you on some of the other threads we both frequent...reality was a hard one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
Hey Connie! Doing some cathing up right now!

What a lovely day at MK so far. Ashton's reaction to a lot of the attractions in FL are the same reactions that Cooper has as well. No flames from me...We don't do Dumbo every time we go to the MK. We only ride if we happen to come across a very small line or if it is the very first thing we do that day.
Our day so far was beautiful; the sun was out and it had a great breeze in the morning!

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 05-14-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #139
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know about the we'll do it later thing. There were several atrtractions at MK, I kept saying we would do later, we had 3 days there, and still didn;t get back to some of them.
I don't think I could do more than 1 day with family. LOL! I like to do alot and my family (parents, sisters, etc) have a totally different style than I do.
Our problem was we really only had one day to a park (we only had 4 day hoppers-the military salute tickets) and it was predicted to storm that night so we were being hopeful for the EMH...
I think our problem was we had too many different interests with in our group...my parents (my mom) would complain when the older kids would go off to do their own thing..but IMO this is the type of trip that you do some things together and some thing in little groups...that way everyone can keep things flowing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I feel your pain with the large group issue! We had 7 and that was plenty!

Your pics all turned out so cute!

And I started my TR if you are interested!
When your group has such different interests are our's did it makes it tuff sometimes; don't get me wrong we had a wonderful time!
Thanks! for the compliment (my camera is awful with indoor shots)
INTERESTED! I have already subbed! Thanks for letting me know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Lots of lines! I hope the lines get better.

I just read IASW is going to be closed when we go--I'm bummed. I think DD would have enjoyed it. I have never rode Dumbo either. I am looking forward to riding it for the first time with DD.

Thanks for doing your TR! I appreciate you being honest too!!
Stephanie it was a crowded day (but it was Sunday) but really the only place the lines were the big ticket rides if you did not have a FP for space mtn, Peter Pan, SM, and BTMRR you waited just about everything else was 5-10 min wait
thats a bummer for IASW; it is a classic ride that everyone should ride each trip...you just need to plan another trip
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #140
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Wow! The wait times were so low...congrats

We love Winnie the Pooh...never rode Snow White. Do you like it??

YIKES! Can't wait to hear more about large groups...gulp...we have 8!!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #141
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Wow! The wait times were so low...congrats

We love Winnie the Pooh...never rode Snow White. Do you like it??

YIKES! Can't wait to hear more about large groups...gulp...we have 8!!
We like Snow White, it is a dark ride (alot along the lines of the dark black light rides of the past)...it is really just cutouts of the movies scenes to tell the story with the lights to help influence the mood. If Aiden is a scary child he may not like it...Ashton seemed more affected by it this year than last but by the end he was fine.

But, I bet your group is closer to the same age groups...we had too many seperate interest in our group going...but, I am about to solve the problem (at least for now)

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 05-14-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #142
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Liberty square

So, I left off with us waiting and waiting...

when we walked into Liberty Square the crowds here were terrible; I really think it is because the walkways are narrow through here...we were heading for Haunted Mansion Danny walked off across the street to park the stroller and my mom said she was going to park the ECV by the strollers (she had still not figured out that she could drive it through the lines)...
Gwendolyn, Ashton, and I moved to the side to get out of the crowds and wait for the rest of our crew...after waiting about what felt like ten minutes althought I'm sure it was more like three or four we went looking...Mom and Dad had parked under a tree with a cold soft drink, Dayne and Luke were sitting next to them with each a turkey leg, and Danny was no where to be found?!?

I finally found Danny he had had seen the smoking corner when he parked the stroller...I stood there for a minute or two and Danny said you rode the ride already?!?
NO! I was under the impression that we were all riding together...
why do you ask I thought that! because we were all just talking about HM and you were going off to park the stroller and ECV...if you changed your mind don't you think you could have told Gwendolyn and I that!
OH! well go ride we'll wait...
I don't think so...we are all riding NOW! (can you say meltdown--on my part--while in line I let them know that it was fine if the wanted to split ways but they had to at least let everyone know what their intentions are and not just think someone knows what they are thinking!

so on to the rest of the afternoon!
Haunted Mansion --everyone rode but mom and dad...she did not know that she could drive her ECV through and her back was beginning to hurt, so, she did not want to stand in the 10 min line...

while in line right before you go into the mansion there is a tombstone that opens her eyes and looks around Ashton and a little girl were entranced with her..it was sooo funny; I wish I would have thought to video them but I had just put my camera away for my turn to hold Ashton.

Ashton did great on HM last year...this year he thought it was hilarious, we could not figure out what he thought was so funny but every where he looked he would crack up.

up next...fastpasses and a parade of characters...

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 05-14-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #143
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys were having a blast! Touring with big groups can be stressful; especially when you're in charge. Ashton is so cute! It was so hot!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #144
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Celebrate parade: A dream come true

So, after a nice cool dark ride on Haunted Mansion it was time for the parade and time for their FP to Splash Mountain...so, at this point mom, dad, Ashton and I walked to a spot in front of the Frontier Land arcade and Danny, Gwendolyn, Joe, Dayne, & Luke went ride Splash Mountain...

Ashton had seen the ice cream cart across the way and wanted one...no problem time for a Mickey bar; NO he wanted a strawberry bar
it really was refreshing and probably better for him!
on to the parade...

It was so hot where we were sitting, my dad had asked Ashton if he wanted to go play a few games but I think he was starting to get tired and all he wanted to do was play with my mom's ECV...
but we did not wait long when we seen this!!!

continued...

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 05-15-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #145
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

continued...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #146
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

continue 3 pm parade

[SIZE="4"]

Ashton just about jumped out of my mom's arms when he seen this next guy!

continued...
[/SIZE
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #147
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

the ladies who play these characters are great! they would stop by little girls along the way and make over their outfits...so cute!

at this point in the parade I decided to try and get a few shots from Ashton's point of view...

and soon enough it was over...Danny met up with us, the older kids were going back to the resort and DTD at this point...
so where to!!!!and would I get to use my FP for BTMRR and get to ride this year...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #148
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Loved all your pics from the parade! Ashton looks like he was really enjoying it.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #149
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

hey connie! great updates!! Can't wait for more!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #150
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Sounds like you guys were having a blast! Touring with big groups can be stressful; especially when you're in charge. Ashton is so cute! It was so hot!
we were having a great time until Danny and my parents pulled that...my parents and Dayne knew Danny was going off to smoke but know one thought to come let Gwendolyn, Joe and I know...we were waiting in the sun and had moved to the end of the line before realizing they were not joining us

Oh! it was getting so hot and the humidity was climbing as the storms were getting closer...you would never have known that at this point the skies were still beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Loved all your pics from the parade! Ashton looks like he was really enjoying it.
Thanks! I wish the Toy Story characters would have slowed down a bit and noticed the kids (most of the earlier characters stopped to wave to the kids) Ashton jumped to his feet when he had seen Genie and stayed there until it was over...he was so cute when the TS characters passed and than almost jumping when Donald passed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: