Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: What works best for FL ressie dismeet? Pick your top dates
June 5th 8 23.53%
June 6th 9 26.47%
June 12th 5 14.71%
June 13th 4 11.76%
June 19th 9 26.47%
June 20th 5 14.71%
June 24th 3 8.82%
June 25th 5 14.71%
June 26th 15 44.12%
June 27th 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #916
Wasre
Mouseketeer
 
Wasre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
for that you will never get deleted on FB hahahahahaha

ohhh and thought of you earlier... I scored two cans of Guiness(sp) from my neighbors but I dont drink beer so now it is just part of the collection.. do I have to keep it refrigerated??? i
You don't have to keep it refrigerated if you're not planning to drink it. You can let it sit on a shelf for a while and then refrigerate it for someone later on. Just don't let it sit too long before someone drinks it, if you're gonna offer it.

The reason you have good manners in the park, especially when that other Donald is there (there is but one and only one true DFD and that is you) is you're trying to set the proper example to the duck.
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of ev'ryday....."

ASMo (1), SS(1), Feb 09 ASMu (1), CBR (1), 11/10/11 - 11/16/11 Pop Century, 1/22/12 - 1/27/12 AKL Kidanni Village Savana View(1) Next trip: 9/30/12 - 10/7/12 Art of Animation




Wasre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #917
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain
 
DFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasre View Post
You don't have to keep it refrigerated if you're not planning to drink it. You can let it sit on a shelf for a while and then refrigerate it for someone later on. Just don't let it sit too long before someone drinks it, if you're gonna offer it.
Ok will keep it at room temp.. will it still be good in Dec. ???
__________________
DFD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #918
Wasre
Mouseketeer
 
Wasre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
Ok will keep it at room temp.. will it still be good in Dec. ???
From now? Shouldn't be a problem. Just chill it before you give it to someone. It has a little capsule inside the can that has a tablet of nitrogen in it. When the pressure is released by opening the can, it allows the nitrogen to infuse into the beer. The colder it is, the better the nitrogen will infuse.

__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of ev'ryday....."

ASMo (1), SS(1), Feb 09 ASMu (1), CBR (1), 11/10/11 - 11/16/11 Pop Century, 1/22/12 - 1/27/12 AKL Kidanni Village Savana View(1) Next trip: 9/30/12 - 10/7/12 Art of Animation




Wasre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #919
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain
 
DFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasre View Post
From now? Shouldn't be a problem. Just chill it before you give it to someone. It has a little capsule inside the can that has a tablet of nitrogen in it. When the pressure is released by opening the can, it allows the nitrogen to infuse into the beer. The colder it is, the better the nitrogen will infuse.

well you better have a fridge in your room then
__________________
DFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #920
Wasre
Mouseketeer
 
Wasre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
well you better have a fridge in your room then
I thought you weren't gonna arrive till after Carey leaves.
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of ev'ryday....."

ASMo (1), SS(1), Feb 09 ASMu (1), CBR (1), 11/10/11 - 11/16/11 Pop Century, 1/22/12 - 1/27/12 AKL Kidanni Village Savana View(1) Next trip: 9/30/12 - 10/7/12 Art of Animation




Wasre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #921
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain
 
DFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasre View Post
I thought you weren't gonna arrive till after Carey leaves.
if my boss gives me a hard time... I might have to move vaca...
__________________
DFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #922
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasre View Post
I'd say DFD has good manners. Uh yeah......good manners, especially when Donald is around the park.
I am sorry but your opinion is suspect. . .I must find out for myself. . .lol
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #923
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack View Post
Hope everyone is doing OK. We had a great week in the mountains of NC and now we are in the Durham area until Monday.

I look forward to getting back home though and a trip to WDW.
Sounds like a lovely vaca, hope Earl doesn't miss with you too bad.


I've been too busy joining new TR's and not hanging out with the locals. What is wrong with me? Doesn't look like I missed too much.

As far as our Duck having manners, of course she does, she's a lady duck.

So, how many are heading to the happy place this weekend? Think I may have my DH talked into a little day trip. Need to get the MNSSHP tickets.
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013


My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #924
Wasre
Mouseketeer
 
Wasre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
I am sorry but your opinion is suspect. . .I must find out for myself. . .lol
hehehehehe Of course my opinion is suspect. I'm a guy. Smart women never trust what a guy says at face value. At least I'm smart enough to know that's how it works.
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of ev'ryday....."

ASMo (1), SS(1), Feb 09 ASMu (1), CBR (1), 11/10/11 - 11/16/11 Pop Century, 1/22/12 - 1/27/12 AKL Kidanni Village Savana View(1) Next trip: 9/30/12 - 10/7/12 Art of Animation




Wasre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #925
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"
 
Sha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ♥ Close enough to the magic! ♥
Posts: 6,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Sounds like a lovely vaca, hope Earl doesn't miss with you too bad.


I've been too busy joining new TR's and not hanging out with the locals. What is wrong with me? Doesn't look like I missed too much.

As far as our Duck having manners, of course she does, she's a lady duck.

So, how many are heading to the happy place this weekend? Think I may have my DH talked into a little day trip. Need to get the MNSSHP tickets.
yes... the duck has better manners than many others.

will be there (again) this weekend. A friend had some dvc points that needed to be used or would be lost from a cancelled trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasre View Post
hehehehehe Of course my opinion is suspect. I'm a guy. Smart women never trust what a guy says at face value. At least I'm smart enough to know that's how it works.
wow! you are smart!!!
__________________

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #926
Wasre
Mouseketeer
 
Wasre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
yes... the duck has better manners than many others.

will be there (again) this weekend. A friend had some dvc points that needed to be used or would be lost from a cancelled trip.
Wish I had some good friends like that. How much do those kind of friends cost? Is there a monthly installment plan?

I hope you have a wonderful trip (again). Hopefully that nasty storm won't affect your travel to Mickey too much. It looks like he won't be affecting WDW though, so that's good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
wow! you are smart!!!
I'm also smart enough to A) Not kid myself into thinking..... (causes too much pain to begin with) and B) admit that I understand how it works.
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of ev'ryday....."

ASMo (1), SS(1), Feb 09 ASMu (1), CBR (1), 11/10/11 - 11/16/11 Pop Century, 1/22/12 - 1/27/12 AKL Kidanni Village Savana View(1) Next trip: 9/30/12 - 10/7/12 Art of Animation




Wasre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #927
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,215

Sha, I think we are going to DHS, just don't know which day. Get in one last ride on Star Tours.

I'll send you a message to see if we can meet to at least say Boo to each. Can you tell I'm supper excited for Halloween at WDW. Guess I can put my Mickey Ghost antennae topper on now.
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013


My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #928
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain
 
DFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,705

just stopping in for my daily ... should be studying but to lazy to even open a book... this back to back double shift is not helping at all!!! Super excited about Halloween too!!! Last year It was good but I know this year will be Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! Cant wait! But for now its my long weekend to work... so double the fun peeps!
__________________
DFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #929
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
just stopping in for my daily ... should be studying but to lazy to even open a book... this back to back double shift is not helping at all!!! Super excited about Halloween too!!! Last year It was good but I know this year will be Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! Cant wait! But for now its my long weekend to work... so double the fun peeps!
Have a ball. I actually start on Tuesday which will keep me from just showing up at WDW for no apparent reason cause ya know, I actually have to clock in and out. And I like paychecks. . .lol
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #930
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasre View Post
Wish I had some good friends like that. How much do those kind of friends cost? Is there a monthly installment plan?

I hope you have a wonderful trip (again). Hopefully that nasty storm won't affect your travel to Mickey too much. It looks like he won't be affecting WDW though, so that's good.





I'm also smart enough to A) Not kid myself into thinking..... (causes too much pain to begin with) and B) admit that I understand how it works.
Dang, you are so smart. . .
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.