Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What works best for FL ressie dismeet? Pick your top dates
June 5th 8 23.53%
June 6th 9 26.47%
June 12th 5 14.71%
June 13th 4 11.76%
June 19th 9 26.47%
June 20th 5 14.71%
June 24th 3 8.82%
June 25th 5 14.71%
June 26th 15 44.12%
June 27th 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #61
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I voted 6/26 for the meet.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #62
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

For you facebook members out there, Sha has created a fb page for us. located here
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #63
jenscourt
Mouseketeer

and for all of us...How about a Game Plan....how about we pick a day in June for a DisBoard FL Residents Unite Meet? Gives us all plenty of time to post a suggestion date and run with it [/QUOTE]

End of June sounds good and a weekend would be better
jenscourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #64
jenscourt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
Ask for a poll and ye shall receive. I understand that there are those on this thread (or who would like to be) who do not have an AP. Many of us have been blessed to keep our jobs, but with the 2nd highest unemployment rate in the US, an AP just isn't a priority for even the biggest of mouse-fans. That said, if there is anyone who would like to join in this dismeet but would be unable to do so because of a lack of an AP, I would be open to a meet somewhere on property but outside of the parks.

In order for something like that to happen, non-AP holders must speak up! I want to include you and will make every effort to accommodate you if there is any interest.
Read this part after I answered about the weekend...I do not have an AP nor can I afford one but I would be willing to use one day of my 7 day passes to meet for a FL meet and greet! I hope we can come up with a date...it sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #65
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

I got my AP.. thanks for the poll Rebecca.. ill cast my vote.

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #66
gracie scarlett
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenscourt View Post
Hello all! This is a great thread...thanks for starting it! I'm Jennifer and I live in Palmetto (about 20 minutes north of Sarasota). I am single and would love to meet some people who love the mouse as much as I do!
jennifer, we live so close! i am hoping that you are going to the meet !!
gracie scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #67
gracie scarlett
Earning My Ears

hi group! thanks for making me feel so welcome in this group, and i did vote for the group meet, and am so very much looking forward to meeting all of my fellow florida disney lovers!!!
margaret
gracie scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #68
goldielocksraj
Anxiously awaiting deluxe birthday trip!

Hi neighbors!!!

I live in Clearwater now, but I'm originally from Bradenton/Sarasota (and want to move back!). Hubby and I have no "human" kids, but our animals sure do the part of filling up the family!

Thank you Rebecca for starting this thread!!! So good to see other FL residents here.

I would LOVE to do a meet. I too have no AP but I do have a TIW card, so outside of the parks would be great. My preferred date would be the 19th, but it seems like everyone is going for the 26th. I'm still not sure I would be able to make it, we're saving up for several vacations this year and I just had a talk w/hubby about prioritizing our spending! So even though it would just be a tank of gas and a meal . . .

Even if I don't get to come this time, I sure do want to go sometime!

I've been waiting almost thirty years for this trip! December 2010 PTR

First property stay 1/1-1/2/2010 POP Century
goldielocksraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #69
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Hi everyone. I live very close to the parks and I am up for a meet any day the group decides.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #70
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoShan1719 View Post
June 26th is a Saturday... 27th is Sunday
and this proves why I didn't nominate myself the secretary thanks for the poll Rebecca I voted for the 6 th or the 26 th I have an AP until 7/9 but yes if non-APs meet we can do something like lunch first....since one income in this house too I would go to EOS (Earl of Sandwich) DTD think they serve breakfast...cheap good, lunch whatever or we could "storm a CiCis or Golden Corral !! :-) )

Last edited by Luvchefmic; 05-03-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #71
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
For you facebook members out there, Sha has created a fb page for us. located here
this old crone does not do FB so I have to ask does this whole thread then get sent there ? I mean I have nothing to hide but all of a sudden I feel "naked" and that I would hide
Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #72
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

I voted for the 25th or the 27th. My family reunion is on the 26th so I wouldn't be able to make it. If another date ends up getting picked I think DTD is a great idea. I, too, don't have AP's so can't make it to the parks.
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #73
jenscourt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie scarlett View Post
jennifer, we live so close! i am hoping that you are going to the meet !!
Gracie Scarlett -- I am so excited to see someone on here from my neck of the woods! I am planning on going if possible (it seems like a lot of people are also voting for the weekend I am available). I am looking forward to meeting you and everyone on this thread as everyone seems so nice!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #74
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
this old crone does not do FB so I have to ask does this whole thread then get sent there ? I mean I have nothing to hide but all of a sudden I feel "naked" and that I would hide
No this whole thread doesnt go there. Its just another place to link up with Disney fans. Actually its to bring them to here moreso, but also to share things like Disney pictures that you dont have to have a site to link them to amongst other things. No worries if you arent on FB... just cant say you are old... after all, I have sprinkled this and the FB page with pixie dust that prevents that.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #75
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoShan1719 View Post
I voted for the 25th or the 27th. My family reunion is on the 26th so I wouldn't be able to make it. If another date ends up getting picked I think DTD is a great idea. I, too, don't have AP's so can't make it to the parks.
DTD would be fun... im thinkin maybe we could do two different dates.. so that way the people who cant make it on on the 26th can still be able to do a meet.. and one of those dates could be DTD and the other could be a park.. that sounds like a good idea

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: