Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What works best for FL ressie dismeet? Pick your top dates
June 5th 8 23.53%
June 6th 9 26.47%
June 12th 5 14.71%
June 13th 4 11.76%
June 19th 9 26.47%
June 20th 5 14.71%
June 24th 3 8.82%
June 25th 5 14.71%
June 26th 15 44.12%
June 27th 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #721
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcome! DH has been in our new home since May and I've been here in Western NY trying to tie up everything. I need a break from the packing NOW! We are excited about becoming Florida residents - he loves it already. I might need a little convincing; that's where I hope my upbeat, positive thinking DIS friends will help I'll keep reading the thread and hope to meet many of you soon.

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #722
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakFigment View Post
Thanks for the welcome! DH has been in our new home since May and I've been here in Western NY trying to tie up everything. I need a break from the packing NOW! We are excited about becoming Florida residents - he loves it already. I might need a little convincing; that's where I hope my upbeat, positive thinking DIS friends will help I'll keep reading the thread and hope to meet many of you soon.
Ok, I know I turned a year older yesterday, but didn't realize my eyesight would go bad that quickly. I thought I saw KY - Kentucky as your location, not NY. Hmmm, you might be able to pick up DFD after all.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's A Sept 2014 TR
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #723
diznut66
Mouseketeer

well we could always take over the pool at a resort

We need another typhoon lagoon day
diznut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #724
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
But, Jonas is now talking VA, not the DC area, but closer to the coast. I'll still be a little closer to ya.
That would be awesome! South on 29???

Quote:
we will try our best

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznut66 View Post
well we could always take over the pool at a resort

We need another typhoon lagoon day
yes we can do that too. And would love to go back to TL.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #725
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I vote for TL. Have to go before my pass expires in November, Oct is the very latest I will go to the waterparks though. Even then, the water is great thanks to Disney, but when you step out of the water into the breeze, I freeze. And poor Jacob turns blue, about this shade.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Old 08-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #726
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I vote for TL. Have to go before my pass expires in November, Oct is the very latest I will go to the waterparks though. Even then, the water is great thanks to Disney, but when you step out of the water into the breeze, I freeze. And poor Jacob turns blue, about this shade.
I bet it would be packed, but want to do that LD weekend?

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #727
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
That sounds great!

Old 08-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #728
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

We had some DVC points that we would lose if not used so we have booked a couple of single nights.

Tomorrow night at the AKL (Savannah View ) and one night next week at SSR. We'll stay over next week for the AP event at the TOT.

Anyone going during this time?

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #729
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
DH and I might be able to make that meet The moving van is supposed to deliver our stuff on the 1st or 2nd. We have some old plus passes we can use since we won't have park passes yet. I'll keep an eye out for details.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #730
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome we moved from NY in 2008 husband left me up there so he could mow the grass here & wait for our horse to be delivered.what a screw up that whole move was .I spent a week or better in an emotional meltdown so to you, its hard doing it by yourself...where in NY are you and where are you moving to?
~~ Ruthie

MEL--sorry I missed it the other day

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #731
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

boy jealous - so want to move to Florida - but so far - my plans kept falling apart.

hope to be there before year end

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #732
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

Hi Ruthie
I'm Julie
I'm in suburban Rochester NY. DH left his job here and took a new job in Celebration. We're renting a house in Windermere (Summerport) for the first year til we figure out where we really want to be. I think we'll stay somewhere around Windermere, possible out towards Clermont or a little closer to Disney around Rheams Rd. Got to figure out traffic and I have to find a job
Can't wait to meet a few of you and begin to get my feet wet in Orlando!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #733
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack View Post
We'll stay over next week for the AP event at the TOT.

Anyone going during this time?
Any others going to go to the ToT event for Passholders??? Be good to do a meet and ride there.

Quote:
DH and I might be able to make that meet The moving van is supposed to deliver our stuff on the 1st or 2nd. We have some old plus passes we can use since we won't have park passes yet. I'll keep an eye out for details.
will keep it updated here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
boy jealous - so want to move to Florida - but so far - my plans kept falling apart.

hope to be there before year end
you will make it. Hope things come together soon.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #734
KristyK
Earning My Ears

Whats the TOT? And what's the AP event, and what date? I hate to miss anything! LOL

OMG, I think I just figured it out, the Tower of Terror? I know AP=Annual Pass, but what's the event and what date?

I'm sorry folks, I can't do the water parks, my biggest fear is drowning, so I only swim in my own little pool, which I don't have anymore! OH, and we're having company on LD weekend too. But I'll meet someplace else, just let me know a place, date and time!
DisneyLand 1994
Many years of Dreaming.......
DisneyWorld Port Orleans Riverside 2006
Move to Central Florida and many WDW trips, 2007 - to present!
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011
Caribbean Beach 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter 2011
KristyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #735
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyK View Post
Whats the TOT? And what's the AP event, and what date? I hate to miss anything! LOL

OMG, I think I just figured it out, the Tower of Terror? I know AP=Annual Pass, but what's the event and what date?

I'm sorry folks, I can't do the water parks, my biggest fear is drowning, so I only swim in my own little pool, which I don't have anymore! OH, and we're having company on LD weekend too. But I'll meet someplace else, just let me know a place, date and time!
I dont swim either...

<=== this duck dont swim!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: