Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: What works best for FL ressie dismeet? Pick your top dates
June 5th 8 23.53%
June 6th 9 26.47%
June 12th 5 14.71%
June 13th 4 11.76%
June 19th 9 26.47%
June 20th 5 14.71%
June 24th 3 8.82%
June 25th 5 14.71%
June 26th 15 44.12%
June 27th 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #691
KristyK
Earning My Ears
 
KristyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Space Coast FL
Posts: 22

I was in all red, wearing a red tank and shorts. Although next time I'm bringing a bathing suit! LOL I am sorry that I didn't get to meet anyone, but there will be other times! I was thinking about a sign, but wasn't sure if someone else would have one if they showed. I'd go for a potluck picnic too! I could probably bring my hubby to that one, since he doesn't like Disney!

OH, and I don't have an alien green mickey, how do I get one of those? Is there an initiation or something?

I DIDN'T have ice cream, but should have! I had a pink lemonade though! I love that resort, how beautiful, and funny, the Yacht club front entrance was very quiet and calm, hardly anyone there, the Beach club entrance was crazy with people! I think they must have been waiting for the restaurant to open or something. The pool and stuff there is fantastic, that's why I said next time I'll bring a suit! :D

Well, the 21st sounds good to me. The only drawback I'd see about the B&C again is that it's very small and people were waiting an hour for a seat in there because it was lunch time. Let me know, I don't work weekends unless I want too, so I'm open to any of those days, and anyone that wants to go during the week, if I'm off on one of those days I'd be willing to meet up then too.
__________________
:
DisneyLand 1975
DisneyLand 1977
DisneyLand 1994
Many years of Dreaming.......
DisneyWorld Port Orleans Riverside 2006
Move to Central Florida and many WDW trips, 2007 - to present!
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011
Caribbean Beach 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter 2011
KristyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #692
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"
 
Sha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ♥ Close enough to the magic! ♥
Posts: 6,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
Just some observations and advice...

1. You may want to start a new thread for a new meet date since digging through this one is confusing. New dates should have a thread dedicated to that date.

2. It's hard enough to get everyone to go, and many have last minute cancellations. Try to plan it around an interesting event so that at least if everyone backs out, those that show up have something else to do (besides WDW). That makes a secondary incentive to showing up, assuming nothing urgent pops up. I've had people back out of events they paid for, so usually money is not a motivator. A special event at Disney tends to motivate, and if you want to get really special, see #4 below.

3. Short of looking like a gang, everyone should display their alien green mickey so you can get spotted as a disboard member. That way if everyone looks like a giant group of weirdos, one can keep their ears in their pocket and keep walking ===>

4. Maybe someone can get Disney to host an event for this.

Ford used to host an owner's meet for another forum I was on, if they were able to confirm I think at least 20 people to attend. It included a tour of the factory / assembly line, lunch, sneak peeks at development, etc... and people would travel across the country for that. Then there were separate activities to turn it into a 2-3 day thing.

If Disney hosted a special tour of some kind, I don't think you could hold the members back... plus it's fun because you got a special event out of it. Numbers have an advantage... It may cost Disney $1000 to host 30 people... but it almost guarantees 30 FL-AP renewals or purchases at about $10,000, and I know people question their renewals. If they got a special annual event for FL-AP holders out of it... I think it tips the scales.

... and all they have to say is theme park admission required.
New date gets added to the subject line of the thread each time we do a meet. And we try to keep bumping the info up so others can catch up on when/where (in a post).

Several of us have already met, so that was the downside of today, was that we werent there to help stand out for a meet. It happens. Not perfect. Things happen. There are some photos earlier in the thread of who some of us are.
__________________

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #693
diznut66
Mouseketeer
 
diznut66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Petersburg FL
Posts: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyK View Post
I was in all red, wearing a red tank and shorts. Although next time I'm bringing a bathing suit! LOL I am sorry that I didn't get to meet anyone, but there will be other times! I was thinking about a sign, but wasn't sure if someone else would have one if they showed. I'd go for a potluck picnic too! I could probably bring my hubby to that one, since he doesn't like Disney!

OH, and I don't have an alien green mickey, how do I get one of those? Is there an initiation or something?

I DIDN'T have ice cream, but should have! I had a pink lemonade though! I love that resort, how beautiful, and funny, the Yacht club front entrance was very quiet and calm, hardly anyone there, the Beach club entrance was crazy with people! I think they must have been waiting for the restaurant to open or something. The pool and stuff there is fantastic, that's why I said next time I'll bring a suit! :D

Well, the 21st sounds good to me. The only drawback I'd see about the B&C again is that it's very small and people were waiting an hour for a seat in there because it was lunch time. Let me know, I don't work weekends unless I want too, so I'm open to any of those days, and anyone that wants to go during the week, if I'm off on one of those days I'd be willing to meet up then too.
I did see a lady in all red...that must have been you. As for the alien green mickey....go to home depot and pickup the color sample from the rack in paint. Maybe we Floridians should be different though and go with another color....
diznut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #694
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain
 
DFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
That's your sign. (and your new job )

I 3rd that Idea... hihihi


Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Ok my take on things...the heck with a Dis Meet at WDW....lets have a B-B-Q potluck everybody brings a dish to my house end of summer
ohhhh I wish I can come.. I recently learned this cinnamon tortilla chips with a mean fruit salsa!!!!!!!!!!! it will make a debut in October at AKL
__________________
DFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #695
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 9,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznut66 View Post
awesome idea Ruthie....only problem, I'm a guy so I will probably have to buy something to bring
White Zinfadel would be my want

I'm serious about this plan Gary
__________________
a story of renewed hope and the power of the Dis:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056 Just Hi ! 4/18/2014
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #696
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one
 
brack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, Florida
Posts: 9,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Do they still have that buffet spread for breakfast?? Had all kinds of things on it from what I remember.

The event for passholders would be a fun meet. I am on call that week though.
They did last year. We'll see in a couple of weeks.
__________________


A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #697
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyK View Post
Let me know, I don't work weekends unless I want too, so I'm open to any of those days, and anyone that wants to go during the week, if I'm off on one of those days I'd be willing to meet up then too.
I go during the week with my DS(11), but would love company. Thinking of going to Mk one day this week and also one of the water parks. I have the premium pass until November, so we need to use it as much as possible until then, won't be renewing with a premium this time.
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012


900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #698
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,141

Oops! Ruthie I forgot to respond. The picnic sounds like a great idea!
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012


900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #699
KristyK
Earning My Ears
 
KristyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Space Coast FL
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I go during the week with my DS(11), but would love company. Thinking of going to Mk one day this week and also one of the water parks. I have the premium pass until November, so we need to use it as much as possible until then, won't be renewing with a premium this time.

I don't have premium, because I'm not a big water park enthusiast! But would love to meet another time. This week however, just happens to be a week when I'm working all week (I usually only work 2-3 days a week). So just let me know when your going and I'd love to meet!
__________________
:
DisneyLand 1975
DisneyLand 1977
DisneyLand 1994
Many years of Dreaming.......
DisneyWorld Port Orleans Riverside 2006
Move to Central Florida and many WDW trips, 2007 - to present!
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011
Caribbean Beach 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter 2011
KristyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #700
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"
 
Sha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ♥ Close enough to the magic! ♥
Posts: 6,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznut66 View Post
I did see a lady in all red...that must have been you. As for the alien green mickey....go to home depot and pickup the color sample from the rack in paint. Maybe we Floridians should be different though and go with another color....
Something bright but not obnoxious???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Ok my take on things...the heck with a Dis Meet at WDW....lets have a B-B-Q potluck everybody brings a dish to my house end of summer
I like the idea too. Is this going to be like in September? Or August??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyK View Post
I don't have premium, because I'm not a big water park enthusiast! But would love to meet another time. This week however, just happens to be a week when I'm working all week (I usually only work 2-3 days a week). So just let me know when your going and I'd love to meet!
KristyK I hadnt been to a water park before, but was awesome! You will be surprised. I do want to go back again sometime.

Not sure if I can get the room I want (location) for August. Im bringing my mom down for the weekend of the 21st. Yes, B&C is small but the goal was to share a kitchen sink. It can feed 4 or more they say. I say 8 or more. LOL We just were trying to find an A/C place that allowed SAP, non passholders or those who couldnt get a ticket from worrying about not being able to meet in a park.

We will figure something out.
__________________

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #701
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 9,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post



I like the idea too. Is this going to be like in September? Or August?? [/COLOR][/FONT]

None of the above I said end of summer I don't need everybody passing out from heat stroke in my yard seriously I'm thinking like October also to tie in when Leroy will be in FL

Ruthie
__________________
a story of renewed hope and the power of the Dis:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056 Just Hi ! 4/18/2014
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #702
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"
 
Sha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ♥ Close enough to the magic! ♥
Posts: 6,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
[/B]
None of the above I said end of summer I don't need everybody passing out from heat stroke in my yard seriously I'm thinking like October also to tie in when Leroy will be in FL

Ruthie
Okay... that can work.
__________________

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #703
gracie scarlett
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: central florida
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Ok my take on things...the heck with a Dis Meet at WDW....lets have a B-B-Q potluck everybody brings a dish to my house end of summer
great idea ruthie, thanks! i will look forward to this!!
gracie scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #704
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench
 
rebecca06261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 1,544

My intention of starting this thread was so that Floridians could introduce themselves to other Floridians and hopefully make some new Disney friends in the process. I feel very lucky to have met several of you and to now consider a few of you "family."

Official meets are just one way to make introductions, but I suggest getting on here on occasion and simply making an announcement that you'll be there and if anyone else is interested in meeting up for a ride buddy, lunch, or an entire-day park buddy that you'd like that too. (did that make sense?)

Ruthie, I love the idea of an end of summer picnic! I can bring my grill and supply some meat! However, can we pretend the end of summer is in October??? Also, just out of curiosity, when does your AP expire?
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #705
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 9,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
My intention of starting this thread was so that Floridians could introduce themselves to other Floridians and hopefully make some new Disney friends in the process. I feel very lucky to have met several of you and to now consider a few of you "family."

Official meets are just one way to make introductions, but I suggest getting on here on occasion and simply making an announcement that you'll be there and if anyone else is interested in meeting up for a ride buddy, lunch, or an entire-day park buddy that you'd like that too. (did that make sense?)

Ruthie, I love the idea of an end of summer picnic! I can bring my grill and supply some meat! However, can we pretend the end of summer is in October??? Also, just out of curiosity, when does your AP expire?
Rebecca this is how I interpreted the intention of the thread and why I just threw out the idea of a FL resident meet away from WDW. I AM thinking October it should be cooler too. Funeral Services for the AP was held in the backyard on July 27 may it RIP
__________________
a story of renewed hope and the power of the Dis:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056 Just Hi ! 4/18/2014
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.