Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What works best for FL ressie dismeet? Pick your top dates
June 5th 8 23.53%
June 6th 9 26.47%
June 12th 5 14.71%
June 13th 4 11.76%
June 19th 9 26.47%
June 20th 5 14.71%
June 24th 3 8.82%
June 25th 5 14.71%
June 26th 15 44.12%
June 27th 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #661
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack View Post
Near Maggie Valley .... it is the mountain area. It is a beautiful place that we love to visit every year.
Very familar with Maggie Valley. Friend own (owned?) the Shoney's there. Also went to school up the road in Hickory for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyK View Post
Ok, looking forward to meeting all of you going to Beaches & Cream. Now the big question, where is it? LOL And what road do I take to get there. Do I need to go toward Epcot, MK, Hollywood Studios? I've looked for signs to the boardwalk etc, and there aren't any that I can find. So please, any easy directions you have, or just point me in the right direction! LOL TIA!
Go to the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. its on their walkway between the 2 resorts up behind the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvzacefron View Post
hey we will be at the magic kingdom on saturday july 31st if anyone wants to meet up after beaches and cream!! i would love to meet any new people!!
unless there are complication tomorrow, I will be at the meet on Saturday, but I will have to head back home afterwards. Would love to meet up but was given the okay to head down for a bit.

Quote:
Our friend in Ft Lauderdale's mother passed away yesterday. She has gone to MD for the funeral. Their daughter is our adopted grand daughter so we are baby sitting until Monday in Ft Lauderdale. Maybe next time.
Sorry to hear that Brack. Prayers for your friend and her family.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #662
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Our friend in Ft Lauderdale's mother passed away yesterday. She has gone to MD for the funeral. Their daughter is our adopted grand daughter so we are baby sitting until Monday in Ft Lauderdale. Maybe next time.
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #663
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
You know about the AP FL payment plan right? FINALLY you can buy your AP on a monthly plan unless you're determined to get seasonal passes not sure what the cost difference is BUT if you did this prior to Aug 31 you'll get 15 months on a 12 month pass. either check directly at the wdw web site OR Cheshire Figment has a sticky on the boards about tickets....good luck ^ Welcome to FL !

Ruthie
Ruthie am moving in
Old 07-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #664
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
Ruthie am moving in
I could use the company and your (reasonable I promise)rent money plenty of room!

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #665
diznut66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I could use the company and your (reasonable I promise)rent money plenty of room!
Hey Ruthie, I've been meaning to send you a message to see how you are doing. Hope everything is going well for you.
diznut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #666
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznut66 View Post
Hey Ruthie, I've been meaning to send you a message to see how you are doing. Hope everything is going well for you.
check your message at PM okay?

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #667
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sorry for your loss.

I won't be able to make tomorrow meet myself. I hope everyone has a wonderful time. I'll make it to Beaches n Cream one day.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #668
DFD
I take it plain

Quote:

Hey Ruthie... I might take that offer in the not so near future... any goods bars around you LOL

last Tuesday... I did my speedtest "midterms" and was scouted by Hard Rock Cafe here in the City Manager said i have potential!!! that is if I dont drink what I will be serving hahahahaha

needing some WDW moments....

Mel... I miss you too!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #669
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
last Tuesday... I did my speedtest "midterms" and was scouted by Hard Rock Cafe here in the City Manager said i have potential!!! that is if I dont drink what I will be serving hahahahaha

needing some WDW moments....

Mel... I miss you too!
Cool about the Hard Rock. Will this do for a WDW moment : : ::
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #670
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I won't be able to make tomorrow meet myself. I hope everyone has a wonderful time. I'll make it to Beaches n Cream one day.
I may have to back out too.... things went very well today, but watching her, I cant leave her with someone, even if it is my one of my sisters.

Sorry, Im not sure who that leaves (Nurse Darcy, Floydian and Diznut66??). Try to still go if you can/want too. What about rescheduling for the 21st or 28th of August?

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 07-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #671
DFD
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
things went very well today

Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #672
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Just coming across this, so I gather it is B&C on 7/31 @ 1pm... do you need to make reservations or anything? How many are attending?
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:56 AM   #673
diznut66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
Just coming across this, so I gather it is B&C on 7/31 @ 1pm... do you need to make reservations or anything? How many are attending?
don't know how many are attending at this point. we will see when we get there
diznut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #674
Sha

You cant make a reservation... but when you get there and know your numbers, check in. I definitely am not going to make it. Really wanted to... but have to be home.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #675
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Very familar with Maggie Valley. Friend own (owned?) the Shoney's there. Also went to school up the road in Hickory for a year.
We've been to that Shoney's. It is near where we stay and is usually the only late night, sit down place to eat.

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: