Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #46
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMcMouse View Post
Hi Crabbie,

When you click on the page to accept the t's and c's for Internet access it tells you " there is no daily access fee for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using their Membership" so ......

Because you are staying on points, I would say it should be free, but .....

The other point about bringing your iPhone and blackberry iPad ( is that the blackberry playbook ) will cause you problems because you need wireless access to use these. Ther is only wired access at DVC resorts at the moment, so you will need to bring a wireless router which is already setup to plug in to the wired network which will let you access the Internet.

I probably wouldn't bring the one from home, but would by another one such at the apple airport express. You would need to set this up at home as it needs to be accessed the first time by a wired source (pc or laptop) to sort out the software and with your iPhone/blackberry, you don't have wired access.

Hope this helps, but if not, shout away

David
Thanks Dave I will look into the router and yes it is a blackberry Playbook. So from what you said I wont be able to access the internet from the playbook but if I buy a router from apple I can use my iphone.

Paul thanks for the info.We arrive on the 8th Nov and are doing our DVC tour on the 10th so I presume we will be able to say we are members once handed over the dosh Yes we will be staying on points so maybe we may still have to pay.I know I managed to pick up a free connection in epcot last year and there was a computer in the RPR concierge lounge. Had to ask for advice off DIS as broke my tooth
Old 09-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #47
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member

Hi Crabbie, if the blackberry playbook has a network port ( a cat5 socket) you will plug the Ethernet cable in an access the Internet.

If the playbook has only wireless access to the Internet, you will need to access it via the wireless router that you will need to bring

I don't know if the playbook has a network port or not. It is slightly bigger than the socket you would plug a telephone into at home if that's any help

I would guess that it will be wireless only but don't know.

Once you set up your router, you can use it for both your playbook and iPhone plus any other wireless laptop etc the same time

David
93 G.Coast, 94 DLP NB, 95 WDW CB+G.Coast, 97 WDW WL+G.Coast, 98 DLP DH, 98 WDW GF+G.Coast, 99 DLP DH, 99 G.Cost, 00 WDW WL+G.Coast, 00 WDW WL+Wyn Palace, 01 WDW WL+G.Coast, 02 WDW AKL+OKW+VWL, 02 WDW VWL, 03 Barbados, 03 WDW VWL, 03 WDW BCV+VWL, 04 WDW OKW, 04 DLP DL, 05 WDW VWL, 05 WDW VWL, 06 WDW SS, 06 WDW SS+BWV, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW Dolphin, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 09 WDW SS, 09 HGV, 09 HGV, 09 WDW SS, 10 WDW SS, 10 WDW VWL, 10 HGV, 11 HGV, 11 WDW SS, 11 WDW SS, 12 WDW SS, 13 WDW OKW, 13 WDW SS, 13 HGV, 14 WDW SS
MickeyMcMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #48
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

just wish they would invest in wi-fi through out that's way we pay dues
Paul
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #49
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
just wish they would invest in wi-fi through out that's way we pay dues
Paul
There is word that an annoucement is due to be made soon about internet at the resorts
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #50
Brandis
DIS Veteran

No, if you can use the regular RJ45 cable, there is one in a bag in the closet. If not, let housekeeping know, otherwise you might get charged $10 if they notice it's missing after your stay.

Sometimes it's also already connected to the router / modem in your room.

If you bring your own Wireless-Router, take the cable that is included with that device, some need switched cabling. Try the cable from the room first, if you don't get any signal on the wireless router, try your own cable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: