Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #31
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
There may be some limited WiFi available in the public areas of some DVC resorts, especially those resorts associated with a convention center. But in general, there is no WiFi available in the rooms, you must have your own wireless router.

The non-WDW based resorts, as far as I know, are completely WiFi, but not the Disney World locations.
2 years ago we had wi fi at AKLv and no convention centre there?
poolside
Paul
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."

Last edited by paulh; 02-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #32
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
2 years ago we had wi fi at AKLv and no convention centre there?
poolside
Paul
Yeah, AKV is really the exception. They have some wifi areas. There are also a few hotspots at BWV near the brewing company, but generally, don't count on having too much wifi service at Disney World.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #33
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in a DISNEY VACATION CLUB Resort. We
currently do have High Speed Internet (hard-wired LAN) in all DISNEY
VACATION CLUB Villas. Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) in currently only
available in most lobby areas and not in the Villas.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Lee

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #34
Esspwebbb
Earning My Ears

Yeah I have used internet at Hi-Speed internet at OKW, BWV .You can also try that.
Esspwebbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #35
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Just an FYI the internet cable in the room is only about 4 feet long so if you need a longer cable you will need to bring one with you. And the speed is very very very slow.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #36
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member

Just arrived at Saratoga Springs. Bought an Airport Express at Gatwick airport £74.08

You need to connect it to your pc or laptop first which needs to have Airport Utility v5.5.1or later installed.

If you have a netbook or a laptop without a CD drive this can be downloaded of the Internet.

Connect your Airport Express to your laptop via a cat5 cable (ethernet) your laptop find the Airport Express which then takes 2 or 3 mins to setup up.

Unplug the cable from the laptop, unplug the AE from the mains, plug your cat5 cable into the wall socket then your AE, then plug your AE into the mains

Takes a minute to initialise, the light turns green and your off.

I am posting this from my iPad on my balcony overlooking the pool at The Grandstand. Will try it from the pool in the morning.

The AE is slightly smaller than a paperback book and you can connect to it with virtually anything - iPads iPhones laptops, blackberrys etc

What a difference it makes !

Davis
93 G.Coast, 94 DLP NB, 95 WDW CB+G.Coast, 97 WDW WL+G.Coast, 98 DLP DH, 98 WDW GF+G.Coast, 99 DLP DH, 99 G.Cost, 00 WDW WL+G.Coast, 00 WDW WL+Wyn Palace, 01 WDW WL+G.Coast, 02 WDW AKL+OKW+VWL, 02 WDW VWL, 03 Barbados, 03 WDW VWL, 03 WDW BCV+VWL, 04 WDW OKW, 04 DLP DL, 05 WDW VWL, 05 WDW VWL, 06 WDW SS, 06 WDW SS+BWV, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW Dolphin, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 09 WDW SS, 09 HGV, 09 HGV, 09 WDW SS, 10 WDW SS, 10 WDW VWL, 10 HGV, 11 HGV, 11 WDW SS, 11 WDW SS, 12 WDW SS, 13 WDW OKW, 13 WDW SS, 13 HGV, 14 WDW SS

Last edited by MickeyMcMouse; 09-03-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: iPad thick fingers
MickeyMcMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Would I be able to get free internet access as I am renting this time? Also I am not a techno wizard and will only be taking either my iphone or blackberry ipad. What would I use/need to access the internet.I am at OKW and AKLV(Kidani).
When you say wireless router,I only have my virgin router or am I totally wrong? I cant even access wifi here as it always asks me for a password Do not have a clue .Can someone help me.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #38
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Would I be able to get free internet access as I am renting this time? Also I am not a techno wizard and will only be taking either my iphone or blackberry ipad. What would I use/need to access the internet.I am at OKW and AKLV(Kidani).
When you say wireless router,I only have my virgin router or am I totally wrong? I cant even access wifi here as it always asks me for a password Do not have a clue .Can someone help me.
no only members can get free internet via a lan cable provided in the room, not guest staying on points .so for your phones no or BlackBerry (they don't make or do the iphone apple do)no
Paul

Old 09-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member

Hi Crabbie,

When you click on the page to accept the t's and c's for Internet access it tells you " there is no daily access fee for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using their Membership" so ......

Because you are staying on points, I would say it should be free, but .....

The other point about bringing your iPhone and blackberry iPad ( is that the blackberry playbook ) will cause you problems because you need wireless access to use these. Ther is only wired access at DVC resorts at the moment, so you will need to bring a wireless router which is already setup to plug in to the wired network which will let you access the Internet.

I probably wouldn't bring the one from home, but would by another one such at the apple airport express. You would need to set this up at home as it needs to be accessed the first time by a wired source (pc or laptop) to sort out the software and with your iPhone/blackberry, you don't have wired access.

Hope this helps, but if not, shout away

David
93 G.Coast, 94 DLP NB, 95 WDW CB+G.Coast, 97 WDW WL+G.Coast, 98 DLP DH, 98 WDW GF+G.Coast, 99 DLP DH, 99 G.Cost, 00 WDW WL+G.Coast, 00 WDW WL+Wyn Palace, 01 WDW WL+G.Coast, 02 WDW AKL+OKW+VWL, 02 WDW VWL, 03 Barbados, 03 WDW VWL, 03 WDW BCV+VWL, 04 WDW OKW, 04 DLP DL, 05 WDW VWL, 05 WDW VWL, 06 WDW SS, 06 WDW SS+BWV, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW Dolphin, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 09 WDW SS, 09 HGV, 09 HGV, 09 WDW SS, 10 WDW SS, 10 WDW VWL, 10 HGV, 11 HGV, 11 WDW SS, 11 WDW SS, 12 WDW SS, 13 WDW OKW, 13 WDW SS, 13 HGV, 14 WDW SS
Old 09-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #40
Missy H
Mouseketeer

I did read, I think it was in the main DVC board, that they are adding routers to the villas at OKW.
Christmas/New year 2005/06 POP CENTURY then AKL
July 2006 POFQ Dec 2006 POP Jun 2008 POP+CR, Jun 09 Villa+AKV Club Jul 11 AKV Club+SSR+BCV
x*´¨)
x¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨)xxxx¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´xxxxxx(¸.•`*Kerry *´¨)

Missy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #41
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMcMouse View Post
Hi Crabbie,

When you click on the page to accept the t's and c's for Internet access it tells you " there is no daily access fee for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using their Membership" so ......

Because you are staying on points, I would say it should be free, but .....

David
when you check in they give you the access code if your a member or you can ring front desk again only if your a member, code changes as well
As your a guest they will know your not a member so will ask you to pay
There are a few hot spots around but these have seamed to have dropped this year we found one near the pizza window at the board-walk this year,last visit there was was at kadani pool at AKL(both free) think its to do with the carts and the bar for payments.Have heard there rolling out Wi-fi but disney will not confirm ,but again if not members you will have to pay
Paul

Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #42
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
when you check in they give you the access code if your a member or you can ring front desk again only if your a member, code changes as well
Is that a new system Paul? When we stayed at Saratoga Springs in 2009 I just connected my netbook up and logged in as normal, no codes to enter or anything.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #43
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Is that a new system Paul? When we stayed at Saratoga Springs in 2009 I just connected my netbook up and logged in as normal, no codes to enter or anything.
No access codes need at Saratoga Springs for the wired Internet access. Been here the past week and many many times before and all you do is accept terms and conditions and click on agree.

The only time you "might" need a code is if it breaks nd gives you an error number. Then you just phone the number on the screen, quote the error code and they give you a number to stick in the box to fix the error.

David
Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #44
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
because we didn't have charging on our room we had to get a code from front desk at BCV and at vero beach.
If you have a CC on room and a member your unlocked to use it non members will be charged members not
We never apply CC to room as had problems in past that's why we get a code
Paul

Old 09-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #45
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

We always have charging on the room so that would be why, thanks Paul.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: