Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Storyteller's Cafe Character Breakfast

Can someone tell me if we can order off the menu for breakfast instead of getting the buffet? The buffet just isn't cost effective for our family but my girls really want to meet "the bears".

Are Koda or Kenai most always there? That's the main characters they are after.

P.S. I did a search to get the info but the most recent discussion came up from 2008... things might have changed since then. TIA!
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2nenas View Post
Can someone tell me if we can order off the menu for breakfast instead of getting the buffet? The buffet just isn't cost effective for our family but my girls really want to meet "the bears".

P.S. I did a search to get the info but the most recent discussion came up from 2008... things might have changed since then. TIA!
Yes. You can order from the menu - but keep in mind, the menu is not cheap. For example, when we were there in October (my 3rd time doing the Critter Breakfast), the buffet was $22.99 (before tax & tip), and the dish that I would have ordered from the menu was $17.99!! Only a $5 difference, so, in that case, the buffet (which is small) made more sense. But you have the menu option, so if that's what you need, it's there! I think the buffet is going up to $24.99 for summer, but I would probably still order it over paying $17.99 or higher for one plate of food equivalent to the size of a Denny's Grand Slam or less. Actually, the menu items have probably been raised or will be raised as well - for summer if not before. So I would expect that what was $17.99 will be a dollar or two more by summer.

We have seen Koda and Kenai the last two times we ate there. Also, Chip and Dale are always there. Usually, Terk or Meeko or someone like that will show up as well. You can see from the character meal photo thread in the DL Community section of the board who the usual characters are (I would suggest starting at the end and working backwards in the thread, just to get a sense of who has been there more recently, rather than starting at the beginning):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2234435

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 05-01-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added link
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

We've enjoyed a few late breakfasts at Storyteller's ~ each time DD and I share something from the menu - this is very cost effective for us, if we both got the buffet that'd be quite a bit more. DD doesn't know about her upcoming B-day trip but I recently asked her where she'd like to eat the next time we visit DLR ~ I specifically said "Pick 2 character meals" she chose Ariel's & Storyteller's.

I love that the food is brought to us ~ no buffet to deal with
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

So sharing is okay at a character meal? I'm okay with it being "frowned up" lol, but thought it might be a requirement that you order a meal/buffet for each person in your party.
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So sharing is okay at a character meal? I'm okay with it being "frowned up" lol, but thought it might be a requirement that you order a meal/buffet for each person in your party.
You would think so (that they require each person to order something at a character meal), but I have heard of other folks besides DisneyMomma81 sharing there, so I guess it's more common than we would have thought.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

We are planning to share too. My oldest DD and I are not big brekkie eaters.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
letthembelittle
Mouseketeer

I am not sure about the breakfast but I wanted you to know that Koda and Kenai are in California Adventure, so if you dont want to do the breakfast you do have other options.
We have spent one magical day in the parks in 2008 with our 3 yr old and 1 yr old, then in 2009 we bought APs and took 4 trips (Nov 2009, April 2010, Sept 2010 (just dh + me), and Nov 2010) with our three kids, now we have added another little one to the family and have a trip planned for Nov 2013.
letthembelittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #8
pinner33
Earning My Ears

was there this morning and yes they were both there and yes you can order off the menu but like it was said before it's almost as pricey and you can chose a little of this or that
Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #9
Vala
DIS Veteran

We ate there 4 times, and one of the times Kenai was absent and was being replaced by Rafiki.

Like letthembelittle pointed out Koda and Kenai are doing a Meet & Greet a couple of times per day at the Grizzly Park recreation area, direct at the entrance. It's never really busy.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
AmericanItGirl
Back in the land of Disney...

Also, depending on when you go (if the Redwood Trail Challenge isn't closed), Koda and Kenai star in their own show daily at DCA (and I think they're available for pictures afterwards).
"A world without fences/Where I can run free/And be with real dogs/Will bring the real dog out in me/No walls and no boundaries/Where I can be free/A world without/Walls or fences/That's exactly/Where I want to be."
AmericanItGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
disneywondergirl22
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You will always find Koda, Kenai, Chip, Dale, and Meeko.

If you want to meet the bears without the expense of breakfast, they are also always out by the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
disneywondergirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #12
jacs1234
DIS Veteran

We saw Koda or Kenai at the redwood creek challenge trail and they were sooooo much fun. They'd steal my kids stuff and hide it from them. It's a shame they don't do autographs though because of their paws. Maybe you could get them to scratch up a page though :lol:
Old 05-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

This is old info (from Dec '08), but we had a late seating there, and Chip and Dale had been gone for an hour. The hostess told me that they come out for the last time at 10:30, and after that they have other things to do in the parks.

But we did see Meeko, K&K, and Terk.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanItGirl View Post
Also, depending on when you go (if the Redwood Trail Challenge isn't closed), Koda and Kenai star in their own show daily at DCA (and I think they're available for pictures afterwards).
Is that show back on? When we went in November the show hadn't been running for several months.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: