Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #16
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Hellooo there!! Your PTR is very entertaining and interesting! Can't wait to read more, and then to read about your trip! It's so close!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #17
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

Day 4: Breakfast

Day four is the day we will spend in DHS - Tazicket's second favorite park (behind the MK, of course. My second favorite is Ecpot.)

As we have no great love for any food involving DHS, we're going to do breakfast elsewhere.

In the name of simplicity we'll probably just get up and walk to the POR food court - the Riverside Mill.

But it is a beautiful walk, a lovely food court area, and sometimes the sunrise can be spectacular, as it was at our last stay at POR one morning in December 2008.

Some POR Riverside Mill area and sunrise shots to whet your appetites (and ours!):

We'll probably do some eggs, maybe a meat, and possibly some fruit or a fruit smoothie (as long as there are no additives or extra sugar thrown in).

And then it is off to DHS for some action, some movies, some shows, and later - much later - some Fantasmic.

But we'll have to eat again before that, I'm sure...

Next up: lunch, in the worst park for food in the World

Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
Golf4food
Mouseketeer

Day 4: Lunch

While we enjoyed a meal at Sci-Fi last trip to DHS, it smelled kind of funny and wasn't something we need to do again any time soon, especially since burgers, fries, onion rings, and milk shakes aren't exactly high on the list of good things to eat...

So we're back to the age old problem at DHS - not much good to eat.

The one place we do feel mostly safe eating for lunch is:

Starring Rolls Cafe

The sandwiches are pretty yummy and are probably about the healthiest sandwich available in DHS - even if they do have a lot more than a single serving size of meat on them...

On the plus side... there are cupcakes and such.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #19
Golf4food
Mouseketeer

Day 4: Dinner

We usually finish seeing everything we want to see at DHS by early-to-mid afternoon and find that a good time for a break. Since there are two Fantasmic showings this night we'll come back for round two and the 10:30 Fantasmic.

This also provides a great opportunity to not eat at DHS.

We debated and thought and consulted with the Oracle at Delphi in an effort to find somewhere near DHS but not in DHS that we might enjoy. We've done Beaches & Cream, we're already eating at the Yachtsman this trip, and we're not enthralled by the menu or reviews for Kouzzina.

I am, however, a red-blooded American male who has spent many an hour entertained by that great invention of modern man - Sportscenter - and it is only right that I should make at least one pilgrimage to an ESPN Club, lest my man card be revoked. I don't know what excuse Tazicket has. She is mostly hoping she does not get ignored thoughout dinner.

Alas, tis not football season so there probably won't be much of anything good on any of the bazillion TVs, but that should also make it less crowded, so we've got that going for us, which is nice...

Maybe some golf highlights... that would be good...

Oh, yeah, and the sandwiches sound good, too.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #20
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

WOW terrific pics of POR!!!! It's gorgeous!! We stayed at POFQ back in May '06 and were not too impressed. I like the theme over at POR much better. Good choice with the ESPN Club! It's fun We've been to the Times Square one a few times but never in WDW. Great plans so far!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #21
Golf4food
Mouseketeer

Day 5: Breakfast

All good things must come to an end.

At least the beginning of the end of our trip can end with a good thing.

So to start off our last day we wanted a good breakfast, and for us that means one of two places. We've already been to the other on this trip, which leaves...

Kona Cafe

Besides the Grand Floridian Cafe we haven't found any place we love more for a nice early TS breakfast than Kona Cafe. The colors, the music, the atmosphere, the food... the coffee... real, honest by God coffee...

I'm really, really, really looking forward to the coffee. The wonderful press pot coffee. I can't think of a better place to be on our last day for breakfast at Disney World.

Most looking forward to: Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee... I'm super picky about my coffee, so any place in WDW that I can get good coffee is exciting.

Last time we had an early breakfast at Kona there were maybe only a half-dozen other tables for our entire meal and only one table kind of close to us. It was so relaxing with the Hawaiian music playing, the waterfall from the lobby, the relaxing colors, and yummy food and coffee. If you could bottle that up and sell it you'd be rich (oh wait, Disney already sort of does and is... never mind).

Most looking forward to: Coffee and French toast (not Tonga toast, which is NOT French toast...)

So a leisurely breakfast will be followed by a resort launch boat trip to the MK to hit all of our favorite rides once and then we must depart. Back to work on Tuesday and a 2.5 hour car ride back home before that... but you can't make a drive like that on an empty stomach! No, you must first have one last meal in the World, and that will be at...

Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #22
Golf4food
Mouseketeer

Day 5: Lunch

Alas, we must return to work on Tuesday. And so we cannot spend all day in the World Monday and must depart after lunch.

But first we'll fill our stomachs with the yummy awesomeness that is - one of our favorite places and alas one that we have not gotten to enjoy since 2008...

Earl of Sandwich

We luvs us some Earl of Sandwich. Mmmm, mmmm, good. Wish we had one in our hometown - or had those flying cars or jetpacks we were promised would be here by now so we could hop down quickly to grab one from DTD.

I looooooove Earl of Sandwich. It is hands down my favorite CS place on all of Disney property.

Most looking forward to: Original 1762 and a bowl of delicious tomato soup.

Any sandwich that combines turkey, cranberry sauce, and cheese is a winner in my book. Thanksgiving on a sandwich never tasted so good.

Most looking forward to: The All-American

So we'll enjoy a yummy lunch, check for last minute souveniers at the World of Disney store, and then head home...

At least we get to make ADRs for our Nov/Dec trip on June 1st!

Thanks for tagging along for our PDR. We'll be back hopefully next week to start on the actual DR with lots of tasty looking photos.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #23
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Ive loved reading your reasoning behind where you chose. My fiance got diagnosed with Diabetes a couple days ago and he is doing a major eating healthy rehaul of his diet. I already did a rehaul on mine in September 2009 and have lost 90 lbs since that rehaul of my diet!

Was wondering if you guys have tried Picnic in the Park before as it seems pretty healthy options wise Disney will be interesting this trip I only do 300 calories per meal and he has to do low carbs and low sugar. We may be doomed teehee , but I love a challenge!
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

In! I lurked on your last report (DxDP), which sounds a bit creepy. But I won't lurk in the next one - I'm all in, comments included.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #25
FirstMagic
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed your pre-dining report and can't wait for the real thing! but I must say, what I MOST enjoyed was....

Your early morning pictures of Riverside!

Just seeing them takes me there... to peaceful early morning strolls around the resort.

Thanks! and have an enjoyable trip!
FirstMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #26
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Took a shortcut to here from your dining report, and I'm glad I did. Love the POR pics! You are a very entertaining writer. Heading on back to your report and can't wait to read more!
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: