Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

Has anyone ever returned a new car 24 hrs after purchase?

I heard a commercial on the way home for a local Hyundai dealer that offered a deal where you could return a new car within 24 hours after purchase. I can't begin to imagine how difficult the dealership would make it to actually return a car after you drive off the lot. Wouldn't they do everything in their power to make you keep it?

Anyone ever return a car the day after they bought it? Just curious why and how it went.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Hillbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

I haven't but I know someone who did. It wasn't a problem. I think I heard that you actually have up to 3 days after signing a contract.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
freckles and boo
I occasionally lurk on the UK board
I can't tell you all the stupid things I have seen my husband do while wearing sandals
Bird doo on my sheets isn't sexy

I have never returned a car, but I have two Hyudais purchased from the same dealer. They have been extremely fair and easy to work with. Plus, Hyundai America surveys everyone who buys a car or gets one serviced at the dealer. Their ratings are very important to them and they always say "We hope you had a great experience with us. When you are asked, please give us a good rating!"
Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
penguin77
I AM the Pretty, Pretty VMK Princess
Pretty in Purple
Willing to trade ALL for a Princess Dress!

actually

the "3 Day return" policy is termed legally as right to recention. It is a law that varies from state to state. I most cases it applies only to sales that have taken place either at the customers home or a nuetral site not on the deler lot. Some sompanies have a return policy and that is a manufacture standard i.e. Hyundai and Dodge, but there are some dealers that have return policies.

5/02 5/05 12/05 2/06 5/06 12/06 5/07 9/07 5/08 9/08 12/08 2/09 5/09 9/09 12/09 5/10
penguin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Tink888
Wishing I Was At World Showcase

I haven't but my sister did years ago. Long story short......her first car purchase.....she was maybe 20 at the time.......went alone......dealer took advantage of her and also got her a loan with a huge interest rate.

My dad found out, went to the dealership and they allowed her to return the car.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I haven't but I know someone who did. It wasn't a problem. I think I heard that you actually have up to 3 days after signing a contract.

The dealers aren't being nice, its the Law based on contractual obligation.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

I thought the "Used Lemon" law included a 3 day return. And some other law about Buyers Remorse (for new items) also included it. So they aren't really advertising anything special. Just something usually not known or done.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
MEK
DIS Veteran

When I purchased a new Honda in August they told me I could return it within 3 days as long as I did not drive over 300 miles.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin77 View Post
the "3 Day return" policy is termed legally as right to recention. It is a law that varies from state to state. I most cases it applies only to sales that have taken place either at the customers home or a nuetral site not on the deler lot. Some sompanies have a return policy and that is a manufacture standard i.e. Hyundai and Dodge, but there are some dealers that have return policies.
In VA it applies to the dealer lot as well. We bought a car in Sept. and we had a 3 day window to return it.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #10
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Most dealers in CA say no returns, but when we bought the KIA in Jan they said they offer a 3 day return policy. Bring it back within 3 days with NO penalties or questions. Our sales guy told us a lady had done just that a couple weeks before.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #11
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

A former co-worker of mine purchased a new Honda here in Florida. The very next day she returned to the dealer and wanted to give it back and get her old car back. They told her that her old car was "gone" and she'd have to keep the new car.

A week or so later when driving by the dealer, she saw her old car there on their used lot, for sale.

So returning a car isn't always possible, whether the dealer was right or wrong in this case, she was stuck with the car.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbride03 View Post
In VA it applies to the dealer lot as well. We bought a car in Sept. and we had a 3 day window to return it.
That must have the policy of the individual dealer. My DH is the GSM of a local dealership and they have people try to return cars thinking there is a 3 day return policy but there isn't in VA. The dealership does not have to take the car back just because you decided you don't like the car or the terms. You've signed a legally binding contract.

A lot of times if you had a trade it could be gone already as well. If they are going to sell it to a wholesaler it will gone within a day or two usually.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: