Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Lesley and Diane's GIRLS ONLY V.I.P. Trip! 5/5 Pg.14(Les) pg.15(Diane) LAST DAY!

Hello, welcome to a fun ride! My name is Lesley (timandlesley) and have been writing trip reports here on the Dis for over 5 years now. We have been going on annual Disney trips as a family for the past 8 years. Last year we bought into DVC and since then have experienced all kinds of fun adventures. Diane (dddisrunner) was a reader of my reports and we met up in Disney last year and our families became fast friends- funny how the internet and a common interest can bring 2 families so close so quickly. Her husband Bryan and Tim went on a guys only trip (link to the TR in my signature) to experience Disapalooza in December, ever since then Diane and I were thinking a girls trip would be nice. WELL, Diane celebrated her 40th birthday last month and Bryan’s gift to her was our GIRLS TRIP to the WILDERNESS LODGE (my favorite Disney resort). Diane called and asked me if I wanted to go and of COURSE I said yes. We just returned from our fun filled girls weekend and I am excited to tell you ALL about it, so hang on tight, it’s going to be a fun/fast ride!!!!! (Diane and I decided I would write this and since she took a TON of pics and of course experienced this right along with me she will be adding her "2 cents" and pictures along the way too, we though it would be fun for you to see it from both our perspectives : ) ENJOY!!!!

I awoke bright and early to head out to the airport, it was weird heading out by myself without my family in tow. I took a farewell shot before I got in the car:

Somehow I got a bit lost on my way there and started out a little later then I had planned and I got to the economy parking lot at the airport ONE HOUR before my flight was supposed to take off, YIKES!!! I couldn’t find a place to park, had to flag down a shuttle driver and was in a panic I was going to miss my flight. I get to the counter and there is a HUGE line of cheerleaders in front of me (yes, we had accidentally picked Cheer weekend for our Disney travel weekend). I managed to get through the line and to security and when I got to the gate they were already loading the plane, PHEW!!!!
As soon as I touched down I texted Diane to let her know I arrived safely and asked her where she was (her flight got there several hours before mine). She told me the most INCREDIBLE NEWS, we had been UPGRADED TO CONCIERGE LEVEL AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE!!!!! She said she was at the Magic Kingdom and had my key to the world card and to meet her there. I was speechless and even more excited, I just couldn’t get off the plane fast enough. As I was walking through the terminal (at a super fast pace) to the tram I was missing my family but then I looked down and saw a little girl throwing an all out temper tantrum and that feeling passed : )

I boarded the tram:

The Orlando airport feels like a home away from home for me, it was nice to be “home”. I was super excited as I headed in the elevator towards the Magical Express line:

Originally when Diane booked the trip she booked us at Pop Century and then changed it to Carribbean Beach and then to Wilderness Lodge using an Annual Pass Discount. When I approached the Magical Express line that was FULL of cheerleaders wrapped around every turnstyle:

I was SO thankful we were at the Wilderness Lodge and not at Pop for the weekend (I know, I’m becoming a Disneyworld resort snob : )
The bus for the Wilderness Lodge had just left so I had to do more waiting, I was becoming very impatient. Finally my bus was there and I settled into my seat to watch the Disney movie:

Before I knew it the bus was passing through those magical gates:

Unfortunately it headed in the WRONG direction towards the Grand Floridian, they were the first stop, then to the Polynesian, they were the second stop, then FINALLY headed towards the Wilderness Lodge. We passed this sign along the way:

At this point I had been on the bus for 45 minutes and was growing VERY impatient:

Finally the bus rolled into the Wilderness Lodge, I was SO excited to be there:

Chills literally ran up and down my arms and legs as I entered the lobby (I know this may sound silly, but I just LOVE this resort and since we bought into DVC I didn’t think I’d ever stay there again). The resort is full of so many happy memories from our family trips there. I felt like I was home:

I immediately ran over to rub Humphrey Bears nose for good luck:

After that important Disney business was out of the way I headed straight to the boat dock to take a boat to the Magic Kingdom.

I didn’t have to wait too long for the boat. As I stood there I just soaked in the BEAUTIFUL weather. I had never been this time of year before and the 85 degree weather minus the humidity was just heavenly. I boarded my boat and took a seat towards the front:

As soon as I walked through the gates I texted Diane, she said she was in front of City Hall, I looked up and saw her running my way. We gave eachother a big hug and talked about how we couldn’t believe we were there. It was a first girls only getway from our families for either of us, and here we were in our favorite place with a great weekend ahead of us, we were on cloud nine!!!
Diane had already scored us Fast Passes for Splash Mountain (my favorite!) and one for Space Mountain. We headed over to Space Mountain to grab a fast pass for me and after that I suggested we check out the Buzz line, I thought that would be fun to squeeze in before lunch. Well there was only a 10 minute wait time so we jumped in line.

I don’t know WHAT I hit during the ride but I got my highest score ever:

I was SOOOOOOO excited!!! ( I didn’t embarrass Diane by taking a picture of her score lol : ) After our “friendly” competition, we headed towards the Plaza to check in for our lunch reservation. They handed us a pager and the Move it Shake it parade was coming by so we stood over there to watch. Before it approached we had a Photopass Photographer take our picture:

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com

Last edited by timandlesley; 05-15-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Day 1 Part 1 Continued

Just love this parade, I did miss my kids at this point, Lauren and Luke always love dancing to this one:

About that time our buzzer went off and we went into the restaurant, this was Diane’s first time eating here. We both enjoyed our meals. She had the club sandwich and fries and I had the tuna salad sandwich on crossant and fries (we took pics of all of the food for this trip, but for some reason I must not have for the Plaza, sorry!). We were on the deluxe dining plan so we got appetizers too, we both ordered salads. For desert Diane had the banana split and I had a sundae, it was all very good and we were both starving from our mornings of travel, we wolfed it down!
As we were sitting there Diane showed me our Key to the World cards and they were GOLD!!!! I thought that was so cool! (they were gold because of the concierge level). I said “I should text a pic of that to Tim, nahhhh that would just be mean”. Diane said “I’ll do it” so she did along with the text “look, we are V.I.P’s” Tim didn’t appreciate that too much ; )
After our yummy lunch was over we used our fast passes for Space Mountain:

I didn’t notice a ton of changes since the refurbishment, just a few minor things but it was fun. Diane was screaming at one point and then we both started laughing, I was laughing so hard I couldn’t stop, gotta love those moments.
Then we decided to head over to Fantasyland for Philarmagic. Look at all of the construction walls for the Fantasyland expansion:

We donned our “opera glasses” for the show:

Then we decided to use our Splash Mountain passes so we walked towards Frontierland, as we headed that way I couldn’t believe all the tarps and construction areas, I snapped one of Peter Pan:

The parks were filled with cheerleaders and dance group for the weekend and we saw a lot of interesting outfits, I had to take this photo though, what MOTHER let their child out of the house dressed like this, her cheeks were falling out:

We weren’t paying attention to the time and noticed the ropes were everywhere for the parade so we stood still to see the new opening with the Volunt”ear” theme:

It was so cool seeing Kermit and Ms. Piggy!!!

Diane got a high five from this guy but my camera wasn’t quick enough:

Then we headed over and rode Splash, STILL my favorite ride!

After that we headed over to Pirates, I couldn’t believe it only had a 10 minute wait!

Then we checked out the Jungle Cruise wait time and it was only 10 minutes too, UNBELIEVABLE, so we jumped in line and road that too:

Our cruise guide was the funniest I had ever been on, she had Diane and I hysterically laughing the entire time:

Then it was time to head out, Diane had gotten a text telling us our V.I. P room was ready ; ) so we headed to the exit:

We jumped on the boat and headed back to the resort:

Coming up Next:
REALLY could get used to this V.I. P. treatment!
She’s Still HERE!?!
A Birthday Dinner in STYLE!

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

My 2 cents

I was SO excited for this trip! I had lots of guilt about going but had GREAT support from Bryan so in the end I was just EXCITED! I had a VERY early flight time...6:00AM. I arrived at the airport parked and headed to the terminal.....

It was about 4:45 am! I had no security issues and boarded the plane and we were off! We landed in Orlando at 7:55am and I was breezing through the airport headed to side B

A self portrait on the down escalator

As I got off the escalator, I saw this sign...

I checked myself in and they sent me right to a bus...

I waited a total of 3.8 seconds and then Betty Jo gets on and says "it's just you and me" wait, WHAT??????? Yes I had a magical express bus ALL to myself!!!! Unfortunately, I had become Betty Jo's "friend" and she was very chatty! I tried to be friendly but I wanted to touch base with home and my mom and let them all know I was OK! Besides, I REALLY wanted to watch that video!! HA!

Before I knew it Betty Jo was driving me under this!

Then this.....

and finally this.....

I had never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before and was SO excited to be giving this resort a try!

my first shot of the WL...

I looked down at my watch and couldn't believe the time...

RECORD breaking arrrival time at WDW!

I walked through the doors and into the gorgeous lobby!

I had done online check in and went over to the desk. A woman summoned me over to her. I gave her my info and after a few clicks of the mouse she says "Ohhh Happy Birthday, you have been given a complimentary upgrade to Club Level"..........WHAT!!!! I was a complete giddy school girl, I jumped up a clapped and said wooo hooo!!! She laughed and loved my excitement!!! We never win ANYTHING...the was the Disney jackpot to me!!! With my beautiful GOLD KTTW card in hand, I went up to the 7th floor and got a little breakfast and some much needed coffee, FOR FREE!

I was on CLOUD nine!!! I decided to head over to the Magic KIngdom! Lesley's flight was arriving a few hours after mine so we decided to meet up at the MK! As I was on the boat over to the MK, Lesley text me to tell me she landed! I debated keeping the Club Level secret but in the end I just couldn't wait and told her I had the most incredible news...that we had been upgraded to club level! She was so funny when she text me back she said "do you mean concierge?" I then replied "yes, concierge" I sure wish I could have seen her face because her text was OMG!!!!! Sooooooo Coooool!!!

After our exchange, I decided to head to the Haunted Mansion! After I went to It's a Small World!

Along the way I managed to work the fastpass times and get 2 fastpasses for Splash Mountain! I then went and rode TTA. Here I am relaxing....

I finished my 1st ride and asked if I could stay on again and the CM said SURE!!! I did this twice more!!!

After my 3rd ride around Tomorrowland, I got off and headed for Main St. Lesley had text me that she was on her way over on the boat. Once she arrived, she text me to ask where I was and I told her City Hall and then she met me and we gave each other a hug and began our trip!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay, u girls started

Okay, back to read
Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I had gotten a fastpass for Space Mountain before meeting up with Lesley so when she arrived, we headed back over so she could grab a fastpass too! We then saw a short wait for Buzz so we jumped on! I told Lesley I was going to kick her butt...boy did I eat those words. To this day I swear my laser was broken but my score was only 4 digits and hers was 6!!!! after my humiliating defeat, we we saw the Shake it parade and stopped....

We had checked into the Plaza for lunch before we started watching the parade and before we knew it , the buzzer was going off! I had never eaten here before!

I couldn't get over all of the construction at the MK!

Well we went in and ordered, I had the club sandwich...

Lesley had tuna...

for dessert, I had the banana split...

Lesley had a regular sundae...

We got to see the mayor and his wife give the 100th customer free dessert!

After lunch, forgive me I don't remember the exact order, but we rode Space Mountain...

I was cracking up, because I really was scared! It had been 2 years since I had ridden it! I didn't really notice much of a difference it just seemed darker!

We also hit up Philharmagic... I lOVE this....

Oh wait....that's what happens when you are taking the pictures AND posing in them! Let's try that again...

MUCH BETTER!!

Then we headed to Frontierland and saw the Volunt EAR parade with Kermit and Miss Piggy...SO CUTE!!

I got a high five from this guy!

AFter we were Splash Mountain bound!

At this point, I had gotten a text saying that our FREE upgraded room was ready!!! So we made our way out and over to the WL...

A happy Lesley WL bound!

Coming up next...

Good Lord will we contract the plague?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
A girls trip must have been so much fun.
Now to go back and read.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Jumping on!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #8
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WOW

What a great start

Lucky you girls getting upgraded to Concierge

The wait times sounds awesome

I love The Muppsts. So Cool they are in the parade now

Can't wait to hear more

Last edited by Trentmom; 04-28-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT! How much fun! You can feel the fun and excitement you must have felt from the time you left until heading back to WL!!!! Smiles, smiles, smiles!!!! So nice to see you guys so giddy! Looking forward to the rest of this fun girls weekend!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Super cool trip report! Love the duel stories! It is beyond cool that you two could do a girls trip! Can't wait for more!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Tag team trip report! How cool!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Wonderful Start! Congratulations on the upgrade....I think Disney has a plan...once you stay Club Level....

My neighbors just returned from Disney this past weekend with reports of the cheerleaders and funny you should mention the short shorts, she mentioned these as well.

Looking forward to reading more

Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
Mycuteboyz3
Mouseketeer

Great start. So happy you ladies received the free upgrade. Love reading both sides, it will take twice as long to read.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
pmama
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #15
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm in.

Amy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: