Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Jerseymomof2
Mouseketeer

I lost my dad almost 2 1/2 years ago and most days are OK and some are a down right struggle to get through them. I try to remember the happy times and not dwell on all that he is missing out on in my life. Remember her in the good appy times and be there for your dad.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

For me it was about 3 years after I lost my Mom before it seemed to get a bit better.

I lost her in 1993 and I still miss her and at times its hard. But it does get better it will take time

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #18
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to send a cuddle to all those facing mother's day this weekend without their mum. I hope your happy memories are able to give you some peace.

Quasar
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #19
Rustysmom
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about your mom!

Mine passed away 3 years ago and it still hurts. She died about 2 months from diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. What a shock and she suffered so much. I was so sad that I couldn't do anything, and it took me a long time to get the house ready to sell because I couldn't part with it. I was an only child and felt all alone and I mised her so much.

When I was cleaning out the house to sell it, I found papers that led me to believe that I was adopted. I went from being sad to a little angry that I was never told. I honestly believe that she knew that and helped me because less than 2 months later, with nothing to go on but a last name I was able to look up in the birth index, I found my birth mom and she almost immediately accepted me back into her family. I found I have a half sister and half brother too. Now I'm not angry, just back to missing her every day, but finding my birth family is helping me heal.

I know what you mean about her missing your wedding. While I was lucky enough to have her at my wedding, I know she wanted to go to my son's Confirmation. She had really bad arthritis and normally wouldn't go,(but I would show her the video of it) but before she knew she was sick she said you know what, I'm going to it. Sadly she died in March and his Confirmation was in October. Tomorrow is my daughter's First Holy Communion and I think she would have wanted to see that too. I think she will be there somehow watching, just as I think your mom was there with you when you got married.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: