DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #91
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracelrm View Post
We always drive from Bowling Green. There are five of us and it just costs too much for us to fly. We usually drive to Ocala, spend the night and then get up and drive the last little bit the next morning and are at WDW by 10:00 or 11:00 a.m. This summer we can't leave until 6:00 p.m so our plan is to drive to south of Atlanta and then get up and leave by 7:00 or 7:30 a.m. and make it to WDW by mid-afternoon. Hoping some day to have a cheap flight to Orlando out of BG. They keep teasing us every few years saying one is in the works - but so far it hasn't happened.
We keep debating the hotel stop, but for now, we just drive straight through. We leave after Mass on Saturday (6:00 PM), and arrive at WDW around 8:00 AM. DW and children get the best sleep they can in the car, and I drive the largest part. I am exhausted, but I can rest by the pool that 1st day and then I am usually good to go for the rest of the trip.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #92
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper
 
KYCruiseCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mt Washington Ky
Posts: 4,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We keep debating the hotel stop, but for now, we just drive straight through. We leave after Mass on Saturday (6:00 PM), and arrive at WDW around 8:00 AM. DW and children get the best sleep they can in the car, and I drive the largest part. I am exhausted, but I can rest by the pool that 1st day and then I am usually good to go for the rest of the trip.
drive all night while everyone sleeps There is nothing better then waking everyone up as the sun rises Tired but it's sooo worth it to see the others so happy in the morning after the long 13-14 hr drive.
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #93
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper
 
KYCruiseCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mt Washington Ky
Posts: 4,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thanks for the info. I checked both locations and the flights won't work for us these trips unless we shorten/ add days. I enjoy driving, but it does get tiring. I think the worst part for us is going through Atlanta (I-75). The only way around it I found was I-65 to Mobile and then over, but it adds 2 or 3 hours of drive time on the trip. Anyone have a better travel journey?

Being from Owensboro, you can leave town at 5pm and drive through Atlanta at midnight when traffic isn't that bad. That's usually when we travel, you just have to time it right to miss the rush hours.
We usually drive straight through on I-75. If we stop it's near Macon, GA so theres only a few hours to drive the next day. DW and I take turns and for our upcoming trip we will have one other adult to help out. It usually takes us 13-14 hours from Louisville.
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #94
lmshaggard
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Thomas, KY
Posts: 195

Thanks for the info on Allegiant. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience recently. I was thinking of using them for the same type trip - more adult only quick long weekend trips vs trips with our little guys when we have lots of extra stuff. It looked like the extra stuff could get a bit expensive with them. Was that for 2 tickets? Thanks again!

PS - doing a serious happy dance as we are headed back in 6 days !!!!!!!
lmshaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #95
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!
 
DisneyStarWisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,133

We also drive from Bowling Green. We leave right after school (DH and I are both teachers) and drive as far as we can. Then we stop for the night and get a fairly good night's sleep. We arrive at WDW early afternoon and spend the first day at the resort, taking it easy.

I HATE to fly, but my DH keeps telling me about those $9.99 flights out of Owensboro. I have to admit, it IS tempting!
__________________
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #96
mic_KY_mouses
Owners at VWL from Kentucky
 
mic_KY_mouses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Elizabethtown, Ky
Posts: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmshaggard View Post
Thanks for the info on Allegiant. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience recently. I was thinking of using them for the same type trip - more adult only quick long weekend trips vs trips with our little guys when we have lots of extra stuff. It looked like the extra stuff could get a bit expensive with them. Was that for 2 tickets? Thanks again!

PS - doing a serious happy dance as we are headed back in 6 days !!!!!!!
Our round trip $160 total was for three! DH, DS, and ME. You have to keep checking and checking their rates because sometimes you only get one or two of the tickets at the deep discount and the remaining would be higher. We have learned to check daily when we are looking and keep playing with the reservation system. Also, they automatically add seat assignment fees unless you click twice to opt out. To answer a prior question posted about parking. We paid $7 per day in the long term at LEX.
__________________
1974, 1984 - Offsite
2001 - Joined DVC-VWL
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 DVC!
mic_KY_mouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #97
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper
 
KYCruiseCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mt Washington Ky
Posts: 4,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_KY_mouses View Post
Our round trip $160 total was for three! DH, DS, and ME. You have to keep checking and checking their rates because sometimes you only get one or two of the tickets at the deep discount and the remaining would be higher. We have learned to check daily when we are looking and keep playing with the reservation system. Also, they automatically add seat assignment fees unless you click twice to opt out. To answer a prior question posted about parking. We paid $7 per day in the long term at LEX.
Hmmmmm drive to Lexington or Owensboro to fly to WDW even though we can pay SOOOO much more at SDF
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #98
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCruiseCrazy View Post
Being from Owensboro, you can leave town at 5pm and drive through Atlanta at midnight when traffic isn't that bad.
That's the route we usually go. Downtown Atlanta is beautiful at night, and even moreso with no traffic. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_KY_mouses View Post
Our round trip $160 total was for three! DH, DS, and ME. You have to keep checking and checking their rates because sometimes you only get one or two of the tickets at the deep discount and the remaining would be higher. We paid $7 per day in the long term at LEX.
Thanks for the info. I need to watch it a bit closer, but I wish I could just get the rate and be done with it. I like to plan the vacation, but once it is done, I don't want to keep going back and looking at it. But, for plane tickets cheaper than gas (and a lot less driving hours) it is worth it.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #99
MalouAB1
Earning My Ears
 
MalouAB1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3

Another WKU DVC'er

We're in Indianapolis (former Bowling Green)...Go Toppers! Anyone members at BLT?
MalouAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #100
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalouAB1 View Post
We're in Indianapolis (former Bowling Green)...Go Toppers! Anyone members at BLT?
SSR owners. We'll eventually get over to BLT.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #101
Rivewin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 78

From Paducah, Graduated from WKU, and currently a medical student at the University of Kentucky.

Glad to see so many from the state here!

I'm getting married next May and will be honeymooning on a Disney Cruise and then 3 days at WDW. Trying to find a way to rent points to stay at AKV in a studio.
Rivewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #102
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivewin View Post
I'm getting married next May and will be honeymooning on a Disney Cruise and then 3 days at WDW. Trying to find a way to rent points to stay at AKV in a studio.
Congratulations. DW and I honeymooned there (WDW, not AK) 10 years ago this September. Have a great trip. I'd offer you points to rent, but April is our Spring Break and probably won't have any left. Good luck.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #103
disfreaks41071
Earning My Ears
 
disfreaks41071's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newport,KY
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim Chiminy View Post
With some people we know, I have started just saying "we're going to Florida" when asked what our vacation plans are.
Otherwise we get the "disney weirdos" comment and look.
I have to do the same thing now. Cause you know the minute they ask, they regret it. The eyes start rolling and they say, "should have known, DISNEY!"
disfreaks41071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #104
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper
 
KYCruiseCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mt Washington Ky
Posts: 4,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim Chiminy View Post
With some people we know, I have started just saying "we're going to Florida" when asked what our vacation plans are.
Otherwise we get the "disney weirdos" comment and look.
We get that from everyone still "They" just don't get it like we do
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 AM   #105
lmshaggard
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Thomas, KY
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivewin View Post
From Paducah, Graduated from WKU, and currently a medical student at the University of Kentucky.

Glad to see so many from the state here!

I'm getting married next May and will be honeymooning on a Disney Cruise and then 3 days at WDW. Trying to find a way to rent points to stay at AKV in a studio.
We might be able to help you - what dates are you looking for? I grew up in CA, but my family is from Paducah Send me a pm and I will check it out.
lmshaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvc, kentucky



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: