DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #61
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

So, will Charlie Strong and UL be a better matchup this year in football? Last year's UL UK game was not much to watch.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #62
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
So, will Charlie Strong and UL be a better matchup this year in football? Last year's UL UK game was not much to watch.
Look out Big East!! UL is going to surprise a few this year.
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #63
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCruiseCrazy View Post
Look out Big East!! UL is going to surprise a few this year.
Florida has had some great football teams. It is the players that make a great team, but coaches can help get the best out of them. Let's hope UL gets both. Unfortunately, there are too many good teams in football in the SEC and it is doubtful UK will ever contend. But, I like to see all our KY teams do well. I thought it was great when UL won the Orange Bowl a few years ago.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #64
MarkyMouse
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=AirGoofy;36516528]Yeah, when we were talking about vacations, someone asked, "are you over that disney stuff yet?" I just laugh. Do you go to HHI for Spring Break? we haven't been yet but did not know if it would be warm enough.

We have been spring break and we had a great time. But I wouldn't call us Beach people. The resort provides lots of activities and the pool is heated. As far as the weather, I think most years it will be pretty nice, but that far north can always be a little risky. The last time we went spring break our friends who went to Destin, Fl liked to froze to death. As you know, there are no guarantees. But we are golfers and tennis players so we always find plenty to do.

Honeymoon Port Orleans 1991, Port Orleans 1993, All Star Sports 1996, Coronado Springs 1998, Saratoga Springs 2007, Spring Break 2014 DVC Member Since 1994 Old Key West - 1994 (2 trips), 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 (3 trips), 1999 (6 trips), 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, Fall Break 2008, 2009, 2010, Summer 2012 (plus 2 days at BLT), Christmas 2012 (drove 14 hrs for one day at the Magic Kingdom), Spring 2013, June 2014; Disney's Hilton Head Island - Christmas 1998, Fall 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, Spring 2008, Thanksgiving 2008 (best Thanksgiving ever), June 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Fall 2013, Thanksgiving 2014!
and
Our first Disney Cruise Fall Break 2014
Can't wait for our next Disney Cruise Fall Break 2015 HOW COOL IS THAT?
MarkyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #65
insoin

DIS Veteran

Hello

Hi all, Scott here. Live in Louisville now but from Indiana so can I say IU in here????? If I had to pick a second team it would be UofL however.... I own at BLT but want to add on at AKV sometime....
Old 05-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #66
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMouse View Post
We have been spring break and we had a great time. But I wouldn't call us Beach people. The resort provides lots of activities and the pool is heated. As far as the weather, I think most years it will be pretty nice, but that far north can always be a little risky. The last time we went spring break our friends who went to Destin, Fl liked to froze to death. As you know, there are no guarantees. But we are golfers and tennis players so we always find plenty to do.
I am remember friends complaining of how cold it was one year too. We probably will try it next year. Still, WDW is really fun, but HHI is a shorter drive. We're not much of beach people either. We've been to VB and enjoyed sitting on the beach; however, after a few minutes, I was up and running on the beach, building castles, etc. VB had a lot of activities at the resort that we did everyday. I am the only tennis player in the family and trying to teach dds (8,5) how to play. We also only did a short stay at VB and then went to WDW. We had friends who stayed the week at VB, but drove in for the MNSSHP. It was a late night getting home, but they just enjoyed the pool the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
Hi all, Scott here. Live in Louisville now but from Indiana so can I say IU in here????? If I had to pick a second team it would be UofL however.... I own at BLT but want to add on at AKV sometime....
A Hoosier? AAAhhhhhh! At least you live in Louisville now.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #67
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Has the KY thread reached its end? Watched a show on KET about sandwiches around the US - the Hot Brown was featured from the Brown Hotel in Louisville.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #68
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDVC View Post
We are DVC members from LaGrange, KY. We are big Disney Fans. We will be staying at BLT next week. I graduated from UK College of Law. My husband is originally from upper state NY but has have been in KY so long that he now considers himself a Kentuckian. Glad we now have a group from the great Commonwealth of KY!
Well now, howdy neighbor from LaGrange! Welcome the the DISBoards!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #69
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

A beautiful day for soccer - U8G Division. DDs (8,5) are not quite ready to grab a scholarship to one of our state schools yet, but it would be nice. What will college tuition cost in 10 years?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #70
KYCruiseCrazy

What a wonderful "rainy" spring day in KENTUCKY!!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #71
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
What a wonderful "rainy" spring day in KENTUCKY!!
But not a great day for soccer like yesterday, at least for my girls. Still, they did better than I thought in the mud & rain.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #72
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

A great day to go out and vote. While it's just the primary, hopefully it will lead to some positive outcomes for KY now, and in November.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #73
KYCruiseCrazy

Quote:
A great day to go out and vote. While it's just the primary, hopefully it will lead to some positive outcomes for KY now, and in November.
Here in the Louisville area they are predicting less the 30% to show up and vote!!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #74
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Here in the Louisville area they are predicting less the 30% to show up and vote!!
I guess it's sad when more people vote for American Idol or Biggest Loser than any elected officials. I have reached that realization that our elected representatives aren't really going to improve anything other than their own bank account, but at least I still go vote. Campaign in 2012 - Mickey for President!
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #75
KYCruiseCrazy

Quote:
I guess it's sad when more people vote for American Idol or Biggest Loser than any elected officials. I have reached that realization that our elected representatives aren't really going to improve anything other than their own bank account, but at least I still go vote. Campaign in 2012 - Mickey for President!
And Goofy for VP

Tags
dvc, kentucky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: