DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
DisneyBill

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
A KY thread. What a good idea. One more from Owensboro, but originally from Louisville. Anybody going to the derby this weekend? International BBQ Festival in Owensboro next weekend?
Actually we are going to Derby. So you can expect awful weather.
DisneyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBill View Post
Actually we are going to Derby. So you can expect awful weather.
Funny how that seems to happen. The last time I went was when Strike the Gold won. It was great weather that day. I figured why go back and ruin it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #18
jennwdw
Mouseketeer

I'm from Louisville, also. Member since 1997.
jennwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
ImagineerM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batstang2000 View Post
Greetings from Owensboro.
KY's 3rd largest city that no one outside of KY has ever heard of.
WKU for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY*Figment View Post
I'm sitting on my couch posting in the great city of Owensboro! BBQ Festival almost here. Graduate of EKU and spouse from UofL and WKU. It's nice to see other Owensboro natives wear the ears!
[QUOTE=AirGoofy;36454436]A KY thread. What a good idea. One more from Owensboro, but originally from Louisville. Anybody going to the derby this weekend? International BBQ Festival in Owensboro next weekend?[/QUOTE

Holy cow! I had no clue there were other Owensboro DIS members, let alone Owensboro DVC DIS members! How crazy is that!

I was born and raised in Owensboro, left for college and came back!

What do you Owensboro folks do?

Just bought into the DVC at AKLV

ImagineerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #20
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

For those of you going to the Oaks the weather will be warm but very nice Derby on the other hand bring trash bags to cover up in. Here is a photo from Dawn at the Downs:

We just got seated for breakfast when I got up to take this photo. I was sooooooooo worth getting up at 5 am.

And Welcome to all DVCers from the Bluegrass State. And Welcome to the Derby City!!
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #21
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCruiseCrazy View Post
We just got seated for breakfast when I got up to take this photo. I was sooooooooo worth getting up at 5 am. And Welcome to all DVCers from the Bluegrass State. And Welcome to the Derby City!!
You're right on both counts - way too early but a beautiful view. Churchill Downs is great on Derby, but it is also beautiful when it is quiet. I did a offseason tour several years ago, and it was really cool.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #22
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Hello from La Grange!
We're off I-71 about 15 minutes north of Louisville and a little over an hour south of Cinci. DH and I are both EKU grads. We joined DVC in March 2003, one of the best decisions we've made! Love our DVC! Been a DISBoards member since 2001--close to 10 years now!

OUR TRIPS Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:51 AM   #23
lmshaggard
Mouseketeer

We will be there about the same time Star Wars weekends is a blast - it is mostly for my DH - my 4 yr old DS and 18 month old DS will be tagging along - our 1st trip taking our oldest was when he was 16 months old to SW weekends and I will always treasure his 1st Mickey pic with Jedi Mickey - way too cute! Hope you have a great time - maybe we will see you
lmshaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #24
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

Actually from the next county over....

[QUOTE=ImagineerM;36463813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
A KY thread. What a good idea. One more from Owensboro, but originally from Louisville. Anybody going to the derby this weekend? International BBQ Festival in Owensboro next weekend?[/QUOTE

Holy cow! I had no clue there were other Owensboro DIS members, let alone Owensboro DVC DIS members! How crazy is that!

I was born and raised in Owensboro, left for college and came back!

Hi! I'm actually from the next county over- Hancock (Boling Chapel & Lewisport). I have been back here since 98. Outside of Dis/ DVC we appear to be our children's social directors and taxi cab drivers. Or did you mean for job/ work/ career? Either way it gets in the way of my family & DVC/ Dis. How about you?
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #25
kymickeyfan717

Mouseketeer

Hi all. Another Louisvillian here. Joined DVC in 09. Big UL fan. Sitting here at work waitng to go home early
kymickeyfan717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #26
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

There are more KY DISers then I could have thought.
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #27
pjupton
Mouseketeer

I grew up in Elizabethtown & went to UK. For the E-town folk, I run the Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale that happens at Pritchard Community Center twice a year. It's good to know there are so many other Kentuckians who enjoy their second home as much as we do!
Beach Club October 2005, POP October 2006, POP October 2007, VWL & BCV Sept/Oct 2008, OKW November 2009, AKV February 2010, Pop/BC/OKW Sept/Oct 2010, BCV Sept/Oct 2011, AKL/BCV June 2012, ASSports Sept 2012, POP Nov 2012, BCV Jan 2013
first DCL trip - Magic Western Caribbean 4/2/11
RunDisney Races - EEC 2008, W&D half marathon 2010, 2011, 2012, ToT 10-miler 2012, WDW full marathon 2013

pjupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #28
ImagineerM
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=KY*Figment;36472488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerM View Post

Hi! I'm actually from the next county over- Hancock (Boling Chapel & Lewisport). I have been back here since 98. Outside of Dis/ DVC we appear to be our children's social directors and taxi cab drivers. Or did you mean for job/ work/ career? Either way it gets in the way of my family & DVC/ Dis. How about you?
Haha...well, thankfully, I have no children (yet, as my wife would say).

I'm a teacher here in Owensboro and I also work part time at the Malco Theatre here in Owensboro.

We are pretty new to the DVC...purchased in October 2009 at AKV, bit the bullet while on the DCL Magic.

I grew up here in Owensboro, left for college and a few years working for Mickey down in Orlando. Then moved back here in 2004.

Pleasure to meet you!

Cheers,
Josh

Just bought into the DVC at AKLV

ImagineerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #29
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerM View Post
Right between Medicare and SSN, my paycheck has deduction for Disney. We joined DVC in 2008 and added on this year. Now, we have enough points for 2 trips each year. We plan to visit all the resorts. We thought about DVC for awhile, but kept thinking a Disney timeshare was a bad idea. Now, wish we had been financially able to do it sooner.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #30
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmshaggard View Post
We will be there about the same time Star Wars weekends is a blast - it is mostly for my DH - my 4 yr old DS and 18 month old DS will be tagging along - our 1st trip taking our oldest was when he was 16 months old to SW weekends and I will always treasure his 1st Mickey pic with Jedi Mickey - way too cute! Hope you have a great time - maybe we will see you
Maybe we will! DS6 will be in heaven at SWW. We'll be spending pretty much the whole first weekend at DHS.

OUR TRIPS Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc, kentucky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: