DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #211
goslingl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We're going to Wilderness Lodge for the 1st time and really look forward to it. We have all our meals planned - Plaza, CRT (dinner), Hoop de do Review, Spirit of Aloha Dinner, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Artist Pointe. They are all first time places for us as well. 60 more days to go ...

I am going to try to get Beach Club or Boardwalk for Spring Break 2011. We have never been to either, and hope we have some luck there. We have been to Vero Beach - it is great - but not yet to HHI. Also, not been on DCL. It looks great as well.
You need to do a cruise. IT si wonderful. We are doing one in Oct and it will be our 6th. We are doing the Alaska cruise next August. The only way DH gets me off the boat is to have booked another cruise.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #212
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslingl View Post
Hi Peeps! We are going on a Disney cruise in Oct an dthen to the wine and food at Epcot. Meeting some friends for both. Should be a great time. If you have not done a Disney cruise you are really missing somethign great!

The Disney Magic and Wonder are both AMAZING ships!! Been on both and still enjoy the deck party on the Wonder more then the Magic. (I had more "fun" on the Magic though)

Now that we are DVC member's, we truly enjoy planning trips. We have planned about 5 different types of trips and these are all planned as if we going during a certain time of the year.(July-Sept) (Nov-Jan)

Anyone getting any of the heavy cooling rain today?
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #213
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
You need to do a cruise. IT si wonderful. We are doing one in Oct and it will be our 6th. We are doing the Alaska cruise next August. The only way DH gets me off the boat is to have booked another cruise.
Did you all do a Disney Cruise? Did you use points? Am I reading the chart right where you have to add in points for extra people?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #214
goslingl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you all do a Disney Cruise? Did you use points? Am I reading the chart right where you have to add in points for extra people?
It is better to use points for the first two and pay cash for the rest. The third and fourth person is much cheaper and not worth using points. We are using points for this cruise and the Alaskian cruise next August. Our kids keep asking how many points they get to use and we just laugh! They are ours and we are very protective of our points.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #215
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
It is better to use points for the first two and pay cash for the rest. The third and fourth person is much cheaper and not worth using points. We are using points for this cruise and the Alaskian cruise next August. Our kids keep asking how many points they get to use and we just laugh! They are ours and we are very protective of our points.
Where it says 3rd/4th passenger "67" points, would that be 67 points for 2 children or 134 points for two children? Our children are still young (8,6) and we have not explained the points system yet, although they probably could figure it out. We have 220 points now - just bought 75 at BLT - and I have been running point scenarios on where to stay. We like going twice a year - Fall and Spring Break - however, did a short trip this summer. I would like to try Christmas break, but DW says children have to be older.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #216
KYCruiseCrazy

Talking Kentucky State Fair time!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait. The first weekend's weather looks to be calling for the possibility of highs in the mid 80's and low humidity. I'm not holding my breath.

State fair to me means HOT AND HUMID

Is anyone planning on making the trip this year?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #217
goslingl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where it says 3rd/4th passenger "67" points, would that be 67 points for 2 children or 134 points for two children? Our children are still young (8,6) and we have not explained the points system yet, although they probably could figure it out. We have 220 points now - just bought 75 at BLT - and I have been running point scenarios on where to stay. We like going twice a year - Fall and Spring Break - however, did a short trip this summer. I would like to try Christmas break, but DW says children have to be older.
It would be 67 points per child. We were there this past christmas and it was so crowded that they closed Magic Kingdom around 11:00 all but one day we were there. We did not haev kids so we were fine. We went mainly to see the decorations.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #218
goslingl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCruiseCrazy View Post
Can't wait. The first weekend's weather looks to be calling for the possibility of highs in the mid 80's and low humidity. I'm not holding my breath.

State fair to me means HOT AND HUMID

We have nto been to the Fair since DD danced and that would be about 10 years. My parents go the first day every year.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #219
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCruiseCrazy View Post
I'll pass, although am looking forward to 1st NASCAR Cup race next year. BTW, I like the changes in the thread name.

Quote:
It would be 67 points per child. We were there this past christmas and it was so crowded that they closed Magic Kingdom around 11:00 all but one day we were there. We did not haev kids so we were fine. We went mainly to see the decorations.
Ouch for the cruise points. Carnival cruises are so much cheaper. Is the Disney Cruise that much better? As for Christmas closures, that is scary too. I want to do the MVMCP, as I really enjoy the MNSSHP. But, if it is that crowded, not sure how fun it will be? I think we'll try it one of these years, but probably not anytime soon.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #220
KYCruiseCrazy

Quote:
I'll pass, although am looking forward to 1st NASCAR Cup race next year. BTW, I like the changes in the thread name.
Can't wait for this race too. And it's a night race too!!

Ouch for the cruise points. Carnival cruises are so much cheaper. Is the Disney Cruise that much better? As for Christmas closures, that is scary too. I want to do the MVMCP, as I really enjoy the MNSSHP. But, if it is that crowded, not sure how fun it will be? I think we'll try it one of these years, but probably not anytime soon.
The 2 party's are wonderful. Just not too sure if they are worth $60+

And thanks for the thread name update.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #221
KYCruiseCrazy

HOT news

Now for the state fair, they are now calling for HOT and HUMID weather for the fair. Why is it that once the state fair happens that it always gets hot and humid. for the part 10 years it's been that way.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #222
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

I saw in the MouseSavers newsletter where DCL was $399 a person this fall season for the 4 night bahama cruise. I think Carnival's still a bit cheaper, but that's not a bad price. We already have our trip to WL planned, otherwise, may have considered the cruise.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #223
my3squeals
DIS Veteran

Hey O'boro neighbors.....

Have any of you flown out of O'boro on Allegiant? We just caught the $19 fare sale which was good for our dates in 3 weeks. We were originally going to drive because the cheapest airfare for 5 of us was still around $1200. When I caught Allegiant's deal, even with all of their fees and the fact we would need a rental car, RT tix and rental car for the week are a little over $600!!!!!! I am pumped it's like icing on the cake for a week at Disney!
my3squeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #224
tlcoke
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!
I am a new DVC owner...since April. Going for my first stay in less than 3 weeks split between BLT & OKW.

I live in Clarksville, IN but work at UofL. Go Cards.

Not planning on going to the State Fair as of right now.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #225
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3squeals View Post
Have any of you flown out of O'boro on Allegiant? We just caught the $19 fare sale which was good for our dates in 3 weeks. We were originally going to drive because the cheapest airfare for 5 of us was still around $1200.
Wow! That's a great price. With our children in school, we like October and April (Fall and Spring Break), and never seem to find that great deal during those times. You got a great price. Let us know how the flight works. Are you able to do ME to Disney? Or, are they landing at the other airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcoke View Post
Hi everyone! I am a new DVC owner...since April. Going for my first stay in less than 3 weeks split between BLT & OKW. I live in Clarksville, IN but work at UofL. Go Cards.
Welcome. I think Clarksville is really just a suburb of Louisville, so that counts for me. What do you do at UL? Faculty? Staff? What Dept? Did you buy into BLT? Have a great trip. We really enjoyed OKW.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Tags
dvc, kentucky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: