Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #31
FoundNemoLostDori
Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?

Congratulations on VetteChick #2!!! I hope you have a happy, healthy, EASY delivery. Did you say if it will be a girl or boy?

Question for everyone that's been pregnant at Disney..... What have you been able to find to drink? I know no caffeine, so does that mean that you found fruit punch? What caffeine, non-diet sodas do they have? I know that they only have Light Lemonade, (no regular), and I don't like the thought of nutrasweet.

2009 Celebrating our 5th Anniversary and Hubby's 30th BD with the Mouse! 6/10/2009 - 6/19/2009
2011 All Star Music & First time at Caribbean Beach Club! 4/6/11-4/15/11
2012: TNT Goes To The Art Of Animation Resort!! 8/30/12-9/8/12
2014: A Mine Train Barrel Of Fun At ASM 5/16/2014 - 5/22/2014

DIS Tip: Easiest way to The Yeti's heart........
Offer her Mickey ears.....(yes, she's a fan too)
FoundNemoLostDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #32
Syrreal
DIS Veteran
I just prefer having my air with me.

I have always drank regular coke, coffee, and tea when pg so it's never been an issue with me about finding alternate stuff to drink. It's more about limiting than none at all.
But, answering your question, if you are not a huge water drinker, they also had minute maid pomegranate lemonade last time we were there. It's the same that you can buy at the store so you can see if you like it before getting down there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #33
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

I also want to say the fountains in the food court had Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I would guess it was Pop....but it may have been ASMovies.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #34
FoundNemoLostDori
Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?

Thanks

2009 Celebrating our 5th Anniversary and Hubby's 30th BD with the Mouse! 6/10/2009 - 6/19/2009
2011 All Star Music & First time at Caribbean Beach Club! 4/6/11-4/15/11
2012: TNT Goes To The Art Of Animation Resort!! 8/30/12-9/8/12
2014: A Mine Train Barrel Of Fun At ASM 5/16/2014 - 5/22/2014

DIS Tip: Easiest way to The Yeti's heart........
Offer her Mickey ears.....(yes, she's a fan too)
FoundNemoLostDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #35
FigmentFinder
DIS Veteran

The food courts also have a Gold Peak iced tea machine with unsweetened, sweetened, green tea and one other type.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #36
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Did WDW at 6 months and again at 8 months with DS in "oven".

6 months was great. No problems, just do what you can.

8 months was tiring. I spent more time pool side while DH and DS (other DS) went to the parks.

We are DVC members so we were staying in a villa both times. We had a huge bathtub for me to sit in and lots of room to spread out. I'm sure this helped.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #37
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemoLostDori View Post
Congratulations on VetteChick #2!!! I hope you have a happy, healthy, EASY delivery. Did you say if it will be a girl or boy?
We had a baby girl! Can't wait to take her to Disney!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #38
morgan loves minnie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for this thread!

We are going the last week of October-first week of November for a two week trip and I will be 33-35 weeks pregnant! Not my ideal situation (especially because Tower of Terror is my favorite ride and I can't indulge in any of the wines at F&W festival), but I am looking forward to this trip none the less. Our DD7 (biological) has been to WDW 3 times and DL once, but this will be our DD5 (adopted from Ukraine last summer) first trip. We were so excited after we adopted her to plan her first trip to Disney that we had this trip planned before I knew I was pregnant. Then, surprise surprise, DD #3 is on the way.

We didn't want to cancel the trip since it is going to be a special event for DD#2 and now that I am pregnant I'm not sure how soon we will get down there again.

The good things are that since we are going to be there for 2 weeks I have planned some down days in between park days and our park days will most likely be half days. I am also hoping that the weather won't be too too hot then.

Vettechick - any building suggestions for Bonnet Creek? We don't care about a fireworks view, but would like to look at the lake instead of the parking lot. Also, I don't really want to have to walk too far for a pool. Which do you suggest that is good for kids? I was thinking near one of the lazy rivers (I can see myself enjoying that), but possibly also close to a kiddie water area or playground. Is there anything like that? I booked with Ken and I am going to email him our room request soon.

Thanks again for the great thread.
Multiple childhood trips; Trips now that I'm the mom, April 2007 Ft. Wilderness cabins; April 2008 Ft. Wilderness Cabins; August 2008 Disneyland CA; December 2008 Saratoga Springs; October 2010 Bonnet Creek; April 2012 Bay Lake Tower; April 2013 POP Century - and many more to come
morgan loves minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #39
vettechick99
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan loves minnie View Post

Vettechick - any building suggestions for Bonnet Creek? We don't care about a fireworks view, but would like to look at the lake instead of the parking lot. Also, I don't really want to have to walk too far for a pool. Which do you suggest that is good for kids? I was thinking near one of the lazy rivers (I can see myself enjoying that), but possibly also close to a kiddie water area or playground. Is there anything like that? I booked with Ken and I am going to email him our room request soon.

Thanks again for the great thread.
Sorry for the delay. I can't post from my blackberry and haven't been on my computer at all in days.

The good thing about BC is that all pools are within 5 minutes walking distance. So really you can have your choice. There are pools attached to bldg 1 (the main bldg although I'm not sure you can stay there. This is the one with the kiddie pool area), bldg 3 (smaller pool with slide and bar. The playground is close), and bldg 5 (huge zero entry/lazy river). That bldg has amazing lake views and some are fireworks. Here is a post with pictures. It's also very tall so there are lots of rooms. I believe they are updated too since its a new building.

Check out that thread in my siggie if you haven't lately. There are some new pictures and reviews. Makes me want to go back!!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #40
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechick99 View Post
Sorry for the delay. I can't post from my blackberry and haven't been on my computer at all in days.

The good thing about BC is that all pools are within 5 minutes walking distance. So really you can have your choice. There are pools attached to bldg 1 (the main bldg although I'm not sure you can stay there. This is the one with the kiddie pool area), bldg 3 (smaller pool with slide and bar. The playground is close), and bldg 5 (huge zero entry/lazy river). That bldg has amazing lake views and some are fireworks. Here is a post with pictures. It's also very tall so there are lots of rooms. I believe they are updated too since its a new building.

Check out that thread in my siggie if you haven't lately. There are some new pictures and reviews. Makes me want to go back!!
Allison, congrats on your baby!! I just remembered that your siggy said you were due in August-- glad everyone's happy and healthy!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #41
jenbarnwell
Mouseketeer

I am going in May for SWW with my son! I will be 26 weeks pregnant with our fourth child, I am super nervous but excited too!! Our girls are staying home with Daddy and its a mommy/son trip. I hope we can do alot but I know I will have to rest alot too and drink tons of water, Any tips?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #42
vettechick99
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbarnwell View Post
I am going in May for SWW with my son! I will be 26 weeks pregnant with our fourth child, I am super nervous but excited too!! Our girls are staying home with Daddy and its a mommy/son trip. I hope we can do alot but I know I will have to rest alot too and drink tons of water, Any tips?
You are going when it's already hot, so plan on afternoon breaks. It will seem sweltering even if it's only 90 (I'm cold natured so this says something!). I did a lot of my touring in the morning because I felt good in the am vs. pm, and it's cooler. I did drink a ton of water, but never felt like it was enough.

Enjoy the little things at Disney. Like sitting on benches and eating Dole Whips. Every hour or so.

How old is your DS?

Congrats on #4!!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #43
jess98ac
DIS Veteran

We'll be waking up there one week from today! I can't wait! Already planning lots of breaks and down times and bathroom trips (and Dole Whips). I'll be 24 weeks with #2!

1986-1996 4 trips all offsite; 1997 All Star Sports; 1999 offsite again; 2001 Disneyland CA; 2002 one day at Epcot; 2003 Westgage Vacation Villas; 2005 offsite (last hooorah has a bachelorette!);2006 Pop Century; 2007 POR; 2009 OKW; 2011 Westgate Vacation Villages; 2013 Sheraton Vistana Resort; 2015 WBC
jess98ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #44
KelnRon
Mouseketeer

I went in my 3rd trimester w/ a two year old & I was 38! (It's so much harder to be pregnant when you are older ... haha! I am a mother of 4). My one recommendation: CROCS!! I bought a cute pair of Disney ones and WOW, they worked wonderful! Chasing around a just turned 2 year old while being very pregnant at Disney World can be exhausting. But my oh my, my feet were so comfortable and I felt like I was walking on clouds!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #45
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I remember when you first posted this and just did a little search for your tips!! I'll be going this summer at 25 weeks with my first! I've got 6 weeks before we travel and if I feel anything like I do now, I think I'll be totally fine! Thanks again for your tips!

What do you guys think about going on Soarin'? From what I understand, it's not on the restricted list.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: