Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #16
Lisa loves Pooh
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your tips...especially since they made me laugh!

I agree with all of them...except maybe the sneakers. I don't like them and hate them even more while pregnant. Exposed feet = air conditioning. So I wore comfy flip flops like my crocs flops. YMMV though. Sneakers kill my feet at disney on a good day.

But I totally related to the rest of your post. I can also add that there is no shame in renting an ECV if your body decides that it just can't take another step despite taking days off. I had one (out of 4 babies) where I had to do the ECV. That was also the pregnancy that resulted in a 10 pound 14 oz baby. So in retrospect...then perfect time tht I went felt more like I was going full term as even at half his full term size...he was the size of a term baby. Eeeeek! (had we have known how exhausted I would have been at a snail's pace, I might have skipped the trip.)
Lisa loves Pooh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #17
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

I'll be 22 weeks when we go in mid-September, and I'm SO excited! This is our last hurrah before baby #2 joins us, so DH and I are excited to spend the time together (DD who is 2 is going to party with my parents at home). I hate the idea of slowing down (taking a break) in the afternoon, but I know I won't make it to see Wishes if I don't! Glad to hear that it's really enjoyable while being pregnant!
kristainohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #18
judypriv
Mouseketeer

I did it twice in one year!

I went to Disney in spring of 2006 when I was pregnant with my son. I was fine and the only issue I had was the buses. Only once in a week did anyone offer to give me a seat which I found very rude. I had to stand on the buses while clutching my six month large belly. I did have aching feet too.

On my next trip 11 months later I was more tired as I had my son who was 7 months old and the 7 month belly with my daughter but my feet were fine as I wore crocs. Balancing a baby and having a large belly is tiresome but doable.

I was hoping to be knocked up when we go in a few weeks but so far nobody is here yet. Oh, well. Maybe when we go in January.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
MScott1851
Got a link for those Trip Reports? ;)
Type A Travel Planner
I'm a complete sucker for a drop dead gorgeous dress and strappy heels

If your extra 15 pounds = a bun, then my extra 35 I was carrying = a bread truck.

Hahaha! Good tips and advice... I went at 25 weeks, and had a great time. I honestly don't think I was any more tired at the end of the day than I normally am at Disney, and I could eat anything I wanted without feeling guilty. I was over the nausea of early pregnancy, but not into the swollen, miserable part yet.

The best part was, I discovered attractions and shows I had never taken time to see before, because I was always so interested in the headline attractions/rides. Pregnant at WDW and fun at WDW aren't mutually exclusive!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #20
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

I was 19 weeks when I went (found out sex of baby day after I returned!) and I totally agree. It was a great time and I love showing DS the pictures of his first time at Disney in Mama's belly!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #21
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I would have loved to do Disney pregnant, but I was on bedrest from month 5 on, and before that I had hyperemesis.Pregnancy and me were not good together at all
Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #22
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Thanks for all the additional comments! It's great to hear what has been working for others.

I am a week away from having #2 and I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to go this late in the pregnancy. I can't even go to Wal-Mart for 20 minutes without hunching over the cart whining like a baby.

Can't wait to go with vettechicklet2!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
shelby101301
Mouseketeer

I think you all are absolutely ka-ra-zee!!!! LOL said with love and affection of course! I can't imagine having gone during either of my pregnancies....

In fact, DH and I went on a second honeymoon trip and ended up buying DVC and getting all kinds of extra incentive points for extra trips. I got pregnant on the trip, but refused to go. We timed it almost to the day when the extra points would expire and took DS when he was 3 mos old and blew all the points on a 2 bedroom suite at Boardwalk. ha ha ha..

Anyway, glad some of you can make it and still have a good time! I don't think all of us, especially us older/high risk moms can do it but to you awesome moms that can!

Me(43)DH(39) DS(10) DD(8) DS (5)

shelby101301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #24
Indiana Rose Lee
Baby Factory Extraordinaire! ;)

Lol, you look lovely. I read your old trip reports ages ago, and they made me smile too. It is fun to watch a family grow.
Indiana Rose Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #25
Jessica14
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread! I'm at a point where we just don't know where my situation is going (early in the first trimester). I booked the whole trip, paid for the airline tickets, and then had this huge surprise come along (tried for ten years, adopted two children, and I'm 43!), so everything is just on hold for now until we see how everything is going to pan out. It's just way to early to to decide anything right now. But I would be around 5-6 months. It's good to hear that it will be OK if we decide to go!
Jessica
2010:POFQ 12/11-12/17:
2011: Santa took us to POP!

My Blog: A Woman's Pause www.jessicajudd.blogspot.com
Jessica14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #26
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Rose Lee View Post
Lol, you look lovely. I read your old trip reports ages ago, and they made me smile too. It is fun to watch a family grow.
Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica14 View Post
This is a great thread! I'm at a point where we just don't know where my situation is going (early in the first trimester). I booked the whole trip, paid for the airline tickets, and then had this huge surprise come along (tried for ten years, adopted two children, and I'm 43!), so everything is just on hold for now until we see how everything is going to pan out. It's just way to early to to decide anything right now. But I would be around 5-6 months. It's good to hear that it will be OK if we decide to go!
Jessica
Wow, that's an awesome surprise!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #27
Jessica14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechick99 View Post
Thank you so much!!

Wow, that's an awesome surprise!
I don't even think "awesome" quite covers it, but thanks! I'm kind of of the mind to go regardless of how this all works out. Either the family vacation we planned or the last trip as a family of four. I'd have to see if I felt OK and if there was any reason for the doctor to say no.
Jessica
2010:POFQ 12/11-12/17:
2011: Santa took us to POP!

My Blog: A Woman's Pause www.jessicajudd.blogspot.com
Jessica14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #28
sharonlouisiana
Earning My Ears

Thank you SO much for posting!

We are booked for end of october where i'll be 28 weeks and I was considering moving it to September...where i'd be 24 weeks...not a HUGE deal...trade off is the heat of September which has the possibility of bringing EVERYONE down....

So we are keeping it October...end of october and i'm completely excited! Kids are getting excited too...and should be a great trip. We are going to even order a cake for one day to "celebrate our family" for the wonderful big brothers and sisters!

With our little ones we can't truck through disney like I used to...but I think that will be a fine pace for me! And I"m excited to have the energy and desire to eat my way through Disney! After the sickeness of this pregnancy, i'm thrilled to have any appetite!

So i'll have a TR after we return at end of October....preggers mom at 28 weeks with 4 other kids under age of 6!!

sharonlouisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #29
Jaime4004
DIS Veteran

I went when I was 4-5 mos pregnant with the first, no problems at all there. Cute to look at the pics.. Went again at about 8mos with the next kid and what a big mistake that was! It was only for a long weekend, I had tagged along with DH on a business trip. We went to seaworld the first day and I literally walked from one bench to the next and would sit because of horrible back/hip pain. Seriously considered getting a wheelchair It was the only time I had ever stayed in a disney resort though, that was cool! (Parents have a vacation house so we usually opt to stay there for free!)
Decided to skip disney as it was obviously that I couldn't walk further than the next bench without a rest. Went to discovery cove instead and that was a great time! No pain at all in water...
Old 08-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #30
stuffedw/fluff
Mouseketeer

This October will be my second trip while pregnant. The first time, I was only seven weeks, so no big deal. Just couldn't ride the thrill rides. By the end of the trip, I had to buy some elastic-waisted shorts in the gift shop because none of my shorts would fit comfortably!

In October, I'll be 23-24 weeks. We're going with friends who have a two-year-old, so I've volunteered to sit with her while everyone else does the "big" rides. I'm a little bummed about not being able to enjoy the wine at F&W Festival. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll have no problem eating the food!!

1980 First visit!, 1984, 1987, 1994, 1996, 1998, '01 Honeymoon @ Grand Floridian!, '02 Boardwalk, '03 Yacht Club, '04 Boardwalk, '06 Disneyland Trip, '07 Poly, '07 SSR, '08 OKW, '08 HHI, '08 SSR, '09 BCV, '09 BLT, '10 SSR, '12 Dream Cruise, '12 BLT, '13 DGCV, '14 GFV...can't wait for more!
stuffedw/fluff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: