Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
dreamscometrue47
DIS Veteran

Just Back from April 16-24 trip to the World..

We just got back from our April 16-24th trip to the World and had a GREAT time! Visitors this trip were myself (DM 54), DS (16) (DD 20), her DBF (20), my sister (50), her DH (46) her DS's (15 and 13) and her DD (9) and our mom (84). It was my sister's family's first trip, so I was a little nervous as I was the assigned tour guide!

Accomodations: We stayed offsite at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Great place for kids our ages. We were in the Springs section, had 2 renovated 2-bedroom villas, ground floor. Kids could walk to the Cascades, Springs and Spa pools. Very nice resort.

Weather: Friday/Saturday were great. Sunday afternoon the showers came at DHS. Only 1 quick downpour, but showery the rest of the time. Monday late afternoon (around 4) downpours at the MK; we left around 7pm. Rest of the week was gorgeous, sunny, no clouds, WARM.

Crowds: We were pleasantly surprised. Touring Plans had upped their predictions but the crowds were very manageable. We hit RD every day, had a plan for at least half of the day, used FP's. Wait times, except for Soarin, Test Track, Toy Story Mania, EE, were never more than 40 minutes; most around 30, even Peter Pan! The only park that was "people-crowded" was Animal Kingdom, but that park always seems that way to me. Very congested.

Parks and Rides: The parks were immaculate, especially Epcot. Everything seemed to shine. Rides also looked to be in great shape, even Brer Rabbit was hopping in Splash Mtn! I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I thought Pirates was darker than normal and I could swear that some scenes on the right hand side were in the dark. Only other slight disappointment was that on our last day at MK and our last time to ride Space Mtn with FP, it broke down right in front of us. We were going to be on the next ride. Guess they had to turn on the lights and evacuate. This was Friday, 4/23 in the early afternoon. Everyone was given a FP that was good on any ride and the FP was good for a week. Kids went back on BTMR and the rest of us gave the FP's to a family and then we shopped on Main Street.

Food: We only did 2 ADR's, 50's Prime Time (everyone enjoyed; turkey sandwich, fried chicken, pot roast were some of the meals) and Crystal Palace for lunch. Buffet was VERY good; everyone loved it and Tigger was hysterical. We ate breakfasts at the resort. Ate at Electric Umbrella in Epcot, Restaurantasouras in AK, Casey's in MK, couple dinners off site/resort.

Best Surprise: Monsters Inc Laugh Club. What a great attraction for everyone! We could not stop laughing.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
MK2010
Mouseketeer

This sounds great! We went the first week in Dec. stayed onsite and had a blast. It was our first trip and I can't wait to go back. I was totally suprised by the crowds- or lack thereof. We waited for most rides like 10-15 minutes. Our longest wait was 30 and that was to meet Aladdin and Jasmine.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

sounds like ya'll had a great time--except for the rain
How did your mom like the parks?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: