Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I am a child of a mother who went through a similar situation. For many, many years my mother stayed married to my father, hoping things would change and giving him every avenue of help she could. She learned the hard way that you cannot make someone else get help. They must want to do it for themselves.

After 15 or 20 years of going through that, she finally divorced him. Now, my sister, brother and I were all much older than your kids at that point so it wasn't much of a transition for us since he wasn't around much to begin with.

Your daughter will struggle and be unhappy about a divorce, but in the end, it's right thing to do for yourself AND the children.

I would bite the bullet and start the process ASAP. And maybe you should look in to therapy for you daughter so she is better equipped to deal with it.

Best of luck to you and I hope you continue to prosper as a CM!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #17
dawz1026
DIS Veteran

He has issues and you know it. I went as far to read about behaviors as well that my dh has.It really sounds like these behaviors were learned. He sounds like he stopped maturing at some age and acts like a child who does not want or know about real responsibility. You love him it is obvious and keep him at an arms length for your comfortability or maybe your own fear of what he will do if you do leave.I know what comfortable is and how we are emotionally lazy sometimes and just live with situations rather than deal with them. He needs to speak to a male physchologist. I really believe he missed out on a male figure in his life and maybe his Mom ruled the nest??
dawz1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: