Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

I already commented on the Wish Trippers thread but wanted to shout out on your ptr I am so glad Hayley recieved her wish to Disney World. She is such a cutie. What a lovely family!

Last edited by cantwaittoseemickey; 09-15-2013 at 12:01 PM.
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #17
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

Hey there! You have a beautiful family, and I'm so glad that Hayley is getting her wish. Congrats on dates, and those are great flight times. You all are going to have such a good time!

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

kellyw8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #18
rcq925
Mouseketeer

So I get an e-mail from our wish coordinator and she asks me if Hayley would like to eat breakfast with the Princesses.

Well of course!!! I did request that it be at the castle (I know they have a princess breakfast somewhere in Epcot) but since her actual wish was to sleep in Cinderella's castle, we requested to have breakfast in the castle and she said she would set it up! Woo Hoo!!

So excited now! We ate lunch in the castle 2 years ago and Hayley loved it!!! We were not going to do it this time because it costs SO MUCH! But now we get to do it!!

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
rcq925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #19
maroo
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!!!

that is so awesome!!!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #20
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

I hope you and your and your family have a MAGICAL trip! Nov is a beautiful time to be in Florida.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #21
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Aw that is so great!! Yay!!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #22
wish_upon_a_star35
Mouseketeer

YAY for Hayley!!! She is going to LOVE having breakfast with the princesses!

My PTR Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35960268

We're home! Our June TR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502990

We are REALLY going to the castle!! A May 2012 Trip Report!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927349
wish_upon_a_star35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #23
D1sneymum
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness reading your story about your daughter deserving to go to WDW brought tears to my eyes! Just wish stories in general Haley and Ali both my goodness! You don't and shouldn't have to justify your reasons why Haley deserves to go to WDW! I believe you want your daughter to have the most magical and wonderful time without having to be on oxygen and other things. I think you've made a great decision and if MaW believes your daughter deserves it now then so be it! Have the best time of your life and make it special!
We have a radio station here in TX that raises money every year for 1 day for 200 families and in Nov they take off for a week it's called Kidds kids and I listen to it every morning especially when they are in WDW and hearing the families and kids talk about how wonderful WDW is I'm balling like a baby dropping off my kids at school. They don't say anything or really ask questions. I think they know those kids are sick and they just listen to what they are saying! It's amazing what kids understand at young ages. I'm just so happy for all of them there enjoying themselves at WDW!
D1sneymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #24
rcq925
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1sneymum View Post
Oh my goodness reading your story about your daughter deserving to go to WDW brought tears to my eyes! Just wish stories in general Haley and Ali both my goodness! You don't and shouldn't have to justify your reasons why Haley deserves to go to WDW! I believe you want your daughter to have the most magical and wonderful time without having to be on oxygen and other things. I think you've made a great decision and if MaW believes your daughter deserves it now then so be it! Have the best time of your life and make it special!
We have a radio station here in TX that raises money every year for 1 day for 200 families and in Nov they take off for a week it's called Kidds kids and I listen to it every morning especially when they are in WDW and hearing the families and kids talk about how wonderful WDW is I'm balling like a baby dropping off my kids at school. They don't say anything or really ask questions. I think they know those kids are sick and they just listen to what they are saying! It's amazing what kids understand at young ages. I'm just so happy for all of them there enjoying themselves at WDW!
Thank you so much!

And thanks for all the replies!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #25
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I subbed right in the beginning but just caught up. I had to make myself hold back on the reading until I got our TR started!

I can't believe how fast you got your dates approved and your flight times! That's great! It will be so much easier to plan those special meals and anything else your family would enjoy. Sounds like you chose a great week to go and those flight times are awesome!!!!
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #26
rcq925
Mouseketeer

Just made my first ADR!!!!

So I just made my first ADR for our day of arrival !!

I made it at T-Rex in Downtown Disney for dinner on our arrival night. We will be arriving in Orlando at 9:15am so I figure we can explore GKTW during the day and possibly make it to Downtown Disney that evening. I know it may not happen as planned, but this is the first day I could make an ADR and we will not be going to any of the parks on arrival day.

Has anyone else eaten at T-Rex? I have heard it is similar to Rainforest Cafe (which my kids love) but with dinosaurs (which they also love). I also heard the food is pretty good and would welcome any reviews from anyone who has been there!!

We are finally at less that six months to go and I am SOO EXCITED!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
maroo
DIS Veteran

I love the Rainforest Cafe.

The only thing I have really heard re: T Rex is that it is quite loud in there.

Woo Hoo on your first ADR!

You could also go to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. You would get a head start on meeting the characters and even be able to watch Wishes from the 4th floor observatory (outdoor viewing spot where they pipe the music in for ya). I love eating at CM's because of the monorail overhead. Very cool! And very Disney!

Or to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Boma is great!) and explore over there. If you wanted some other "non park" restaurant ideas.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #28
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your first adr T Rex sounds pretty neat. We liked Rainforest Cafe's food too.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #29
D1sneymum
Mouseketeer

We ate at the T-Rex last year. We loved it! more than the Rainforest. But that's our opinion. The meteor shower was nice too. All the dinos come to life. We made ADR for this year as well! For us it's s must do! Yum!
D1sneymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #30
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

We ate at T-Rex last week, same as you are planning, on our first day there. It was great...loud, but the kids still loved it. The food was pretty good, quite a variety of things on the menu, I think.

The only thing to think about is the orientation at GKTW. They offered one at 3:00 the day we arrived, so we did that and then headed to Downtown Disney and really enjoyed the evening. I don't think they always offer a midday orientation like that though, so keep it in mind! There were several check-ins that morning/early afternoon, so they were trying to accomodate a few families at one time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: