Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #3271
thumpersfriend
DIS Veteran

Wondering if this years episodes with Theresa, and even Joe now wanting to get the families back together again is because of all the mess they are in now. Maybe they knew they were facing prison and needed family on their side? Guess I feel their is some motive to benefit them. Wonder how it will affect this seasons show?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #3272
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

According to online bios, both Teresa and her husband were born in Patterson, NJ, USA.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #3273
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Gotta love the Daily News. Where else (OK, except the NY Post) would this pass for journalism? "The thick-necked husband of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” star slapped a news camera out of his way as he and his moll made their way into Newark’s federal courthouse."

Anyway, I have no patience for people who choose to break the law simply because they think they can. And of all the people on that show, and on all of TV at the moment, Joe G. has absolutely the least amount of anything approaching class.

Those poor children. At least if Joe and Theresa go to jail, her brother and Melissa will take good care of them.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 07-31-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #3274
gottaluvPluto
I feel like Tink and Tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Gotta love the Daily News. Where else (OK, except the NY Post) would this pass for journalism? "The thick-necked husband of The Real Housewives of New Jersey star slapped a news camera out of his way as he and his moll made their way into Newarks federal courthouse."

Anyway, I have no patience for people who choose to break the law simply because they think they can. And of all the people on that show, and on all of TV at the moment, Joe G. has absolutely the least amount of anything approaching class.

Those poor children. At least if Joe and Theresa go to jail, her brother and Melissa will take good care of them.
I seriously doubt Joe and Melissa will get the kids if Joe and Teresa go to prison. I personally think Juicy Joe's sister will get them with visitation going to Teresa's parents.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #3275
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

IF Joe is deported, will he avoid jail time? If they send him back to Italy will he just live out his life eating pasta and drinking wine in Tuscany?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #3276
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
That's generally highly polarizing individuals that they don't want to have to deal with. Someone like Joe would hardly be a blip on their radar. But, they won't deport him. He's married to a citizen and has 4 children and has lived here most of his life. I do think he needs some jail time though. Nothing else seems to make an impression on these idiots.
If you were brought to this country as a baby or small child and committed a crime as an adult, did your time in jail, and never became a citizen, you are deported. Most are asked why and it is usually because it is too expensive. It cost almost $30,000 to become a citizen. It is considerable less if your employer will sponsor you, but employers are afraid to admit they have an illegal immigrant working for themselves, (which is a myth) because the government will not prosecute them, they want the employer to help and step up, because it proves they are working and trying to establish citizenship. It is a circle that no one understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
IF Joe is deported, will he avoid jail time? If they send him back to Italy will he just live out his life eating pasta and drinking wine in Tuscany?
No he will do his jail time first. If he is proven not a citizen, as of yesterday, the paper work is being established already and a retainer to determine how he is here. It makes me wonder what kind of passport he has.

Last edited by OhMari; 07-31-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #3277
Aliceacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
If you were brought to this country as a baby or small child and committed a crime as an adult, did your time in jail, and never became a citizen, you are deported. Most are asked why and it is usually because it is too expensive. It cost almost $30,000 to become a citizen. It is considerable less if your employer will sponsor you, but employers are afraid to admit they have an illegal immigrant working for themselves, (which is a myth) because the government will not prosecute them, they want the employer to help and step up, because it proves they are working and trying to establish citizenship. It is a circle that no one understands.
I'm sorry, I'm confused.

I get that he's not a citizen. Is he here legally-- with a green card-- or an illegal immigrant?

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #3278
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
I'm sorry, I'm confused.

I get that he's not a citizen. Is he here legally-- with a green card-- or an illegal immigrant?
It has to be established how he is here. If he came here as a small child from Italy and never became a citizen, than he is an illegal immigrant.

By marrying Theresa, he was allowed to be in the United States without a VISA or a green card. But now that he is charged with these crimes, it doesn't matter anymore, he can be deported.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #3279
Aliceacc

Quote:
It has to be established how he is here. If he came here as a small child from Italy and never became a citizen, than he is an illegal immigrant.
Isn't it somehow possible that they came legally? Lots of people have green cards.

Last edited by Aliceacc; 07-31-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #3280
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:

By marrying Theresa, he was allowed to be in the United States without a VISA or a green card. But now that he is charged with these crimes, it doesn't matter anymore, he can be deported.
You're confusing issues. That has never been the issue. He was apparently brought here LEGALLY by his parents as a small child. No one has ever even mentioned that he is "illegal". Just because he was brought here as a small child does not mean he is here illegally. What it means, is his parents brought him here and if they came in legally, so did he.

I remember Teresa talking about being brought here as a small child and not speaking any english which is how she explained her "lack" of good grammar lol.

I understand more about deportation than you know. It's very unlikely he would be deported. Is it possible? Sure, but it's not likely.

Also, where did you come up with 30K to become a citizen? It does not cost anywhere near that much. The application fee is around $600. Beyond that, there are classes, etc., but it doesn't cost 30K lol.

And, what does illegal status have to do with becoming a US citizen? You are really confused on this topic. Plenty of legal aliens become US citizens every day and they have always been here legally. Why do you keep saying "illegal"? You state this like everyone here who isn't a US citizen is an illegal alien.

They are determinig how he is here because they have to, not because they suspect anything. Because he is not a US citizen apparently, they need to be able to show the court what his legal status is, that's all. It doesn't mean anything.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13

Last edited by bdcp; 07-31-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #3281
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
According to online bios, both Teresa and her husband were born in Patterson, NJ, USA.
Yes, and we should believe it because they've never lied before..
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #3282
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
It cost almost $30,000 to become a citizen.
This is not true. My late husband came to the United States with his parents from The Netherlands when he was four years old. He had a green card (permanent resident) until he was about 40. At that time, he decided to become a United States citizen, which he did. It did not cost much at all.

If Joe G. came to US from Italy with his parents, it doesn't mean he is illegal. That is ridiculous. I assume he is a permanent resident with a green card. Of course, it is possible he was born here. Time will tell.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #3283
Free4Life11
DIS Cast Member
I just have to say it one more time...YAGE!
"ba-doinka-a-doink-doink"

Finally catching up on this news...wow! Kim G is loving this and going nuts on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Kimgranatell

Ok, so not only is Joe facing trial for the ID drama, now THIS?! Wasn't Joe also convicted of fraud a few years back relating to an ex-business partner? That speaks volumes...

How stupid/whatever do you have to be to lie/cheat/defraud so that you can live beyond your means. But then go on a reality TV show, have it broadcast to the whole country, allow yourself to be filmed making large purchases IN CASH, living this grandiose lifestyle, THEN FILE BANKRUPTCY?! They probably wouldn't even be in this mess if they hadn't filed!

This is fitting:

Last edited by Free4Life11; 07-31-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #3284
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Wait it sounds like she is bashing tre I thought they were best buds. I am on meds so did I read them wrong or did i miss the falling out?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lyme Blog
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #3285
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Marrying a US citizen does not give you rights to live in the US. My mother married a non-US citizen - they had to go to interviews to prove they were actually marrying for reasons other than a green card and he had live in his home country for the first 6 months of their marriage in order to obtain his green card. He got his citizenship years later. But Joe would still need a green card, regardless of his marital status.

ETA: You're also wrong about the cost to become a citizen. My husband moved her as a small child on a green card and got his citizenship about 5 year ago. It only cost us the filing & passport fees which were under $1000.

Upcoming: Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: