Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #3256
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
How can Joe be living here and not be a citizen? would he be on a work visa all this time?

Do you really think they will not just get a slap on the wrist, pay a fine and do community service? I don't know what to think. I am devastated for their daughters.

Also, does this have anything to do with the other time Joe was in trouble? I seem to remember him in hot water for DUI and something about using his brothers info to get a drivers license? Am I remember it correctly?
Green card, since he's married to a citizen?

Old 07-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #3257
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/30/teresa...d-on-500k-bond

Also just read, if convicted, Joe could be deported back to Italy because he is not a US citizen ...
He can be deported, but Italy may not want him back. I know an ICE agent that has sat at the International Gate with deportee's and their country does not want them back. They then get sent to a neutral country that will let them come in.

I think Theresa is going to pull the innocent card and say she thought her taxes were filed and trusted Joe when he asked her to sign documents. If they can send Martha Stewart to prison for tax evasion-I can see this happening though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #3258
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
In a statement, Teresa said she supports her husband and wants to resolve the charges as soon as possible.

"I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career," she said.

A Bravo spokesman had no comment.
Teresa Giudice starring in Pride and Delusion...
Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #3259
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post

He can be deported, but Italy may not want him back. I know an ICE agent that has sat at the International Gate with deportee's and their country does not want them back. They then get sent to a neutral country that will let them come in.

I think Theresa is going to pull the innocent card and say she thought her taxes were filed and trusted Joe when he asked her to sign documents. If they can send Martha Stewart to prison for tax evasion-I can see this happening though.
Doesn't matter if she didn't read it... That's her fault. She is an adult who should know better...

If I remember correctly she denied accusations on a reunion show that they lied about the value of some if their things when filing bankruptcy...hmmm. Not such a load if crap is it.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

Old 07-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #3260
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post

Teresa Giudice starring in Pride and Delusion...
LMAO... Hilarious.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

Old 07-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #3261
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm99 View Post

I found this on another thread. It's a cut and paste, but I did edit out the curse words. It's regarding the article/s above.

Yep, it's the reason they withdrew the bankruptcy. this is all the same charges that made headlines a couple years ago. Teresa has worked her behind off to pay her debts. It's also what the entire cast worked so hard to get her to speak about... her finances as well as her court case. They were trying to get her to implicate herself and Joe in the case. Knowing full well they were facing time in federal prison. Great friends and family!

Jacqueline and Chris are facing the same problems for Chris draining signature apparel to the tune of 55 million. Jacqueline was a full participant in this. Paychecks going directly into her private bank account in the guise of her being an employee. They stole the computers from the company and hid them. When investigators asked in court for the computers the lauritas and their lawyers claimed to have no knowledge of them. It was later found that the computers were being used at the former home of the Laurita mom. You remember the episode of Chris and albie running BLK office from their grandmas old house? Those were signature apparel computers. The lawyer in their case was facing being disbarred for lying to the judge and investigators. He had to go into court, apologize to the judge and admit his clients had lied to him. Chris went on to file paperwork to have Jacqueline declared too mentally unstable to undergo the deposition process. The court disagreed and Jacqueline was forced to give her deposition. The computers were turned over but of course they were so damaged they didn't expect to retrieve anything from them.... or so they claim. (amazing how people will hang themselves when they think there's no proof) Since then they made a motion to have the case sealed and it was approved. I fully expect Jacqueline and Chris to face charges soon.

BLK is nothing but a business adventure undertaken in order to hide and funnel the stolen $55 million. They chose a product that was destined to fail. In the mean time, all the attention has been on the GIUDICES and no ones noticed the lauritas shenanigans! Did you all laugh at the idea of black water? Did you all wonder how they could be so stupid as to believe people would buy that ****?

They are ALL criminals. I tend to feel more compassion towards Teresa for the loyalty and hard work she's demonstrated since the investigation started. but keep in mind, she was working hard to show the courts she was a good person anticipating this outcome. but she's still a criminal as the others are.

Now, it's really about who's next to be arrested... Chris and Jacqueline or al manzo?
Sorry but good person... She and her husband are liars and thieves. I don't care how many others are doing it. It is illegal... Some of this is from before but some is new... Probably because they were so smug and thought they could get away with it the Feds opened an investigation. I hope they all go to jail.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #3262
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik's Mom View Post
I like how the attorney said that the family was handling it with dignity. Just below that quote is a picture of Joe's dad flipping off the camera, and another of him bending over to the camera and spreading his butt cheeks. Yeah, handling it with dignity, there.
Oh geez, someone better have a little chat with dear ol' dad about his behavior. Ugh.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #3263
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post

Bail was $500,000 each. But you only have to come up with 10% for bond.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ent&id=9189927
Right. I didn't mention that. Of course they don't have $500,000 in cash for each!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #3264
bdcp
DIS Veteran

I thought I remember Teresa talking about being brought to the US as a baby which means if she is a citizen, she is naturalized. I don't remember ever hearing that Joe wasn't a citizen. Regardless, this is just a huge mess that they created and they need to pay the consequences for. There have been public figures have gone to jail over tax evasion and other financial dealings, including reality tv stars-Richard Hatch for example. What makes this worse is it's not just tax evasion, but fraud. Teresa may be an airhead, but she isn't that stupid. I think she's always known the truth, but chooses to ignore it since it supports her "lifestyle".

The reality about these shows is that almost all people who really have real money would never appear on them. Even Heather Dubrow did it for one reason, and that's to get back into acting.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 07-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #3265
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
That's generally highly polarizing individuals that they don't want to have to deal with. Someone like Joe would hardly be a blip on their radar. But, they won't deport him. He's married to a citizen and has 4 children and has lived here most of his life. I do think he needs some jail time though. Nothing else seems to make an impression on these idiots.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
Old 07-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #3266
pigletgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post

That's generally highly polarizing individuals that they don't want to have to deal with. Someone like Joe would hardly be a blip on their radar. But, they won't deport him. He's married to a citizen and has 4 children and has lived here most of his life. I do think he needs some jail time though. Nothing else seems to make an impression on these idiots.
Never know. This is a federal issue.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #3267
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

I read an article saying that joe does face deportation if convicted. It also said that they had to surrender their passports and cannot travel outside of Jersey and New York. The sad thing is that Gia will most likely read all this stuff or someone will tell her. Sad.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #3268
pigletgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
I read an article saying that joe does face deportation if convicted. It also said that they had to surrender their passports and cannot travel outside of Jersey and New York. The sad thing is that Gia will most likely read all this stuff or someone will tell her. Sad.
How old is Gia now? Twelve?

She isn't going to take this well. Remember when she was upset that Melissa and Joe weren't in communication with T and J?

If anything good comes out of this, it is that their girls won't be fools themselves and choose the same route as their parents

Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #3269
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post

How old is Gia now? Twelve?

She isn't going to take this well. Remember when she was upset that Melissa and Joe weren't in communication with T and J?

If anything good comes out of this, it is that their girls won't be fools themselves and choose the same route as their parents
She is 12. Tough age as it is but throw in that your mother is a crazy hen on a reality show and now this!!! Poor kid!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #3270
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
Not sure the Feds are gonna really care that he is married to a citizen and has lived here most of his life...they care about the fact that he evaded paying taxes, committed mail fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, mortgage fraud etc.
If being here was that important to him he could have become a citizen in the "most of his life" he was living here.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: