Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #3241
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

forgive me for asking a stupid question, but did they plead guilty or not guilty?

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #3242
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
UPDATE, released on $1 million dollar bond.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1412468

As far as her children go, GIA will see this article.

That is just disturbing how they are all acting. Dropping F bombs, slapping cameras.

What a shame.

Even their attorney told Juicy to 'knock it off'.
They are both cowards. They couldn't even be appropriate heading into court?

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #3243
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

They filed bankruptcy, charged with fraud, but they had a million dollars sitting around. I'm guessing Bravo stepped in and paid their bail. Shame on NBC Universal.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 07-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #3244
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Teresa better stay on good terms with her brother and Melissa, because they are going to need them to raise their children when they are put away.

They are trash, they can't even be civilized heading into federal court.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #3245
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

"Champagne taste on a Wine Cooler budget."

Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #3246
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

How can Joe be living here and not be a citizen? would he be on a work visa all this time?

Do you really think they will not just get a slap on the wrist, pay a fine and do community service? I don't know what to think. I am devastated for their daughters.

Also, does this have anything to do with the other time Joe was in trouble? I seem to remember him in hot water for DUI and something about using his brothers info to get a drivers license? Am I remember it correctly?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #3247
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
UPDATE, released on $1 million dollar bond.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1412468

As far as her children go, GIA will see this article.

That is just disturbing how they are all acting. Dropping F bombs, slapping cameras.

What a shame.

Even their attorney told Juicy to 'knock it off'.
I like how the attorney said that the family was handling it with dignity. Just below that quote is a picture of Joe's dad flipping off the camera, and another of him bending over to the camera and spreading his butt cheeks. Yeah, handling it with dignity, there.

I can imagine how upset they must be today. But if these charges are true, then they brought this all themselves. I'm going to assume that the attorney's will try to make a plea to avoid jail time.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #3248
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
And who bonded them out? $50,000 for each is a lot!
What I saw was 500K and not 50k. 50K would have been getting off easy considering what they are being charged with.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #3249
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
forgive me for asking a stupid question, but did they plead guilty or not guilty?

"Teresa's attorney has previously stated that she will plead not guilty to the charges."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/30/teresa...-on-500k-bond/

KAR

Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #3250
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Yes, it is $500,000 each.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #3251
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usd2bmd View Post
What I saw was 500K and not 50k. 50K would have been getting off easy considering what they are being charged with.
Bail was $500,000 each. But you only have to come up with 10% for bond.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ent&id=9189927
Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #3252
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Quote:
"Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe have just been slapped with a laundry list of criminal charges -- ranging from bank fraud to tax evasion -- and now, they both face more than 50 years in prison if convicted.

U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman just announced the 39-count indictment, claiming Teresa and her hubby massively defrauded the IRS as well as several banks between 2001-2008.

According to the U.S. Attorney, the Giudices conspired to illegally obtain mortgages and other loans from multiple banks by intentionally overestimating their incomes in order to get more money.

The Giudices also allegedly withheld vital information about their net worth from a U.S. bankruptcy trustee after filing for Chapter 7 in 2009 ---- including Teresa's true income from the reality show.

As for tax evasion, Joe is accused of failing to file income tax returns for the years 2004-2008, during which he allegedly earned $1 million.

All told, the Giudices were hit with 39 charges -- including conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, which carries a max prison sentence of 20 years, and bank fraud, which carries a max of 30 years. The remaining charges carry the possibility of even more prison time.

Neither Teresa nor Joe has been arrested, but they're both due in court Tuesday morning in Jersey.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/29/real-h...on-bank-fraud/
I found this on another thread. It's a cut and paste, but I did edit out the curse words. It's regarding the article/s above.

Yep, it's the reason they withdrew the bankruptcy. this is all the same charges that made headlines a couple years ago. Teresa has worked her behind off to pay her debts. It's also what the entire cast worked so hard to get her to speak about... her finances as well as her court case. They were trying to get her to implicate herself and Joe in the case. Knowing full well they were facing time in federal prison. Great friends and family!

Jacqueline and Chris are facing the same problems for Chris draining signature apparel to the tune of 55 million. Jacqueline was a full participant in this. Paychecks going directly into her private bank account in the guise of her being an employee. They stole the computers from the company and hid them. When investigators asked in court for the computers the lauritas and their lawyers claimed to have no knowledge of them. It was later found that the computers were being used at the former home of the Laurita mom. You remember the episode of Chris and albie running BLK office from their grandmas old house? Those were signature apparel computers. The lawyer in their case was facing being disbarred for lying to the judge and investigators. He had to go into court, apologize to the judge and admit his clients had lied to him. Chris went on to file paperwork to have Jacqueline declared too mentally unstable to undergo the deposition process. The court disagreed and Jacqueline was forced to give her deposition. The computers were turned over but of course they were so damaged they didn't expect to retrieve anything from them.... or so they claim. (amazing how people will hang themselves when they think there's no proof) Since then they made a motion to have the case sealed and it was approved. I fully expect Jacqueline and Chris to face charges soon.

BLK is nothing but a business adventure undertaken in order to hide and funnel the stolen $55 million. They chose a product that was destined to fail. In the mean time, all the attention has been on the GIUDICES and no ones noticed the lauritas shenanigans! Did you all laugh at the idea of black water? Did you all wonder how they could be so stupid as to believe people would buy that ****?

They are ALL criminals. I tend to feel more compassion towards Teresa for the loyalty and hard work she's demonstrated since the investigation started. but keep in mind, she was working hard to show the courts she was a good person anticipating this outcome. but she's still a criminal as the others are.

Now, it's really about who's next to be arrested... Chris and Jacqueline or al manzo?
Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #3253
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

I didn't know Joe wasn't a US citizen. He is a citizen of Italy.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #3254
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Not a stupid question, but as a trial follower...nobody just pleads guilty without a plea deal. It amazes me on shows such as Nancy Grace (a lawyer) where there's this expression of shock that someone pleads not guilty to a crime they so obviously committed. Pleading "not guilty" is how you get a trial, which everyone is entitled to.

I used to watch this show...I think it was general dismay at how NJ Italians (since I am Italian and was raised in NJ...their behavior is alien to me) and that one super creepy guy (name?) making reference to his wife (name? ) smelling fishy (insert gagging smiley here) that made me stop watching, but have recently been catching episodes here and there. Stopped in to see what people were saying about this latest development and see a bunch of my trial buddies!

The people on this show are, IMHO, as a whole, the most disgusting and obnoxious group of all of the Housewives that I've watched (BH, OC, and NY). Having said that, I can't imagine the fear of A) both my DH and I going to prison and leaving my kids behind and B) one of those other wackados raising my kids. I guess that's one of the many reasons you don't go committing crimes.

Trying to decide if I should go back and read all 8 million pages of this thread.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #3255
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Not a stupid question, but as a trial follower...nobody just pleads guilty without a plea deal. It amazes me on shows such as Nancy Grace (a lawyer) where there's this expression of shock that someone pleads not guilty to a crime they so obviously committed. Pleading "not guilty" is how you get a trial, which everyone is entitled to.

I used to watch this show...I think it was general dismay at how NJ Italians (since I am Italian and was raised in NJ...their behavior is alien to me) and that one super creepy guy (name?) making reference to his wife (name? ) smelling fishy (insert gagging smiley here) that made me stop watching, but have recently been catching episodes here and there. Stopped in to see what people were saying about this latest development and see a bunch of my trial buddies!

The people on this show are, IMHO, as a whole, the most disgusting and obnoxious group of all of the Housewives that I've watched (BH, OC, and NY). Having said that, I can't imagine the fear of A) both my DH and I going to prison and leaving my kids behind and B) one of those other wackados raising my kids. I guess that's one of the many reasons you don't go committing crimes.

Trying to decide if I should go back and read all 8 million pages of this thread.

WELL SAID!!!
As a fellow Italian-American, they are an embarrassment to our culture.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: