Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #3061
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
cluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
She dismissed it by saying "He didn't say it to my face!" So I guess it's ok if he says it to his mistress but not to your face! Way to be a role model for your 4 daughters!!
That's the worst part. Her girls are growing up thinking this is ok.
cluvsdisney is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #3062
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,267

Anyone else want to smack the snotty look of Carolyn's face when she was talking to Melissa and Kathy at the party? She really thinks highly of herself.
__________________
What?
jrmasm is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #3063
minnie1012
DIS Veteran
 
minnie1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,208

Got to love how Theresa goes to the gym! She had more makeup on and had her hair done nicer than I do when I go out! LOL
minnie1012 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #3064
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm99 View Post
I think Joe went to that Gym for a fight with Teresa. Teresa walked over there and didn't say anything negative to Joe - only about getting along while their father is ill. Joe was mad (for reasons - maybe) but its been a year. Instead of him just going along he started a fight. This explains the possible reasons the "Joe's" fight. And Melissa. I will believe that Melissa sincerely cares about Joe's family the day she doesn't run back to him with drama. My SIL and I didn't get along for the first 7 or 8 years of my marriage. IMO, she did and said some pretty silly things about me. Most of which, I didn't say to husband, just so we can get along.
I agree.

I think Melissa is just as much to blame for all the fighting. It was interesting that Caroline is starting to see that. Notice Melissa didn't tell the ladies that she didn't visit her fil for 4 days? She just said the fight had something to do with the fil. Kathy and Jacqueline had been at the gym with her so they knew she wasn't too sick to visit.

I think Melissa knows just how to manipulate things so she looks innocent and Teresa looks like the problem. Notice how her line in the opening is a copy of Teresa's " happy wife, happy life". Why do that unless she's just trying to get to Teresa?
sunshinehighway is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #3065
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNutMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,624

I never knew this thread was here, I'm glad I found it.

It's really sad that the whole Gorga family is torn apart. I bet Melissa, Teresa and Kathy could easily find a place where they all get along. The problem is the show, it's airing their secret venting to the world. Who doesn't complain to their spouse about the stupid things? Like Teresa complaining about Melissa not going to see her FIL in the hospital.. But in the real world, we never know what our in-laws and cousins are venting behind our backs, we get over it and get on with it.
My biggest peeve on this show is Joe Guidice, he's ignorant and crude, and he feeds the flames of Teresa's frustrations with her family. His constant, and often uncalled for, name calling - especially in front of his kids, just exacerbates a tough situation. Teresa obviously loves him, or needs him, because of what she puts up with, but I sometimes feel like she agrees even when she disagrees with him, just to keep him happy. Poor Teresa, her life could be much happier without that ignoramus, but she is a dutiful wife and won't open her eyes.
__________________
~Mary
DisneyNutMary is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #3066
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol
 
goofinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Portland, Maine
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNutMary View Post
I never knew this thread was here, I'm glad I found it.

It's really sad that the whole Gorga family is torn apart. I bet Melissa, Teresa and Kathy could easily find a place where they all get along. The problem is the show, it's airing their secret venting to the world. Who doesn't complain to their spouse about the stupid things? Like Teresa complaining about Melissa not going to see her FIL in the hospital.. But in the real world, we never know what our in-laws and cousins are venting behind our backs, we get over it and get on with it.
My biggest peeve on this show is Joe Guidice, he's ignorant and crude, and he feeds the flames of Teresa's frustrations with her family. His constant, and often uncalled for, name calling - especially in front of his kids, just exacerbates a tough situation. Teresa obviously loves him, or needs him, because of what she puts up with, but I sometimes feel like she agrees even when she disagrees with him, just to keep him happy. Poor Teresa, her life could be much happier without that ignoramus, but she is a dutiful wife and won't open her eyes.
Welcome to the thread!

Joe Guidice is a pig! Plain and simple!
__________________
goofinoff is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #3067
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,095

I don't think Joe was looking for a fight. If Teresa hadn't of sought him out I don't think he would have walked up to her. I don't think he reacted any differently than I would have if I hadn't seen someone I'd been estranged from for a year. 'What are you doing?' You can't just walk up to someone and pretend it is all normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post

I agree.

I think Melissa is just as much to blame for all the fighting. It was interesting that Caroline is starting to see that. Notice Melissa didn't tell the ladies that she didn't visit her fil for 4 days? She just said the fight had something to do with the fil. Kathy and Jacqueline had been at the gym with her so they knew she wasn't too sick to visit.

I think Melissa knows just how to manipulate things so she looks innocent and Teresa looks like the problem. Notice how her line in the opening is a copy of Teresa's " happy wife, happy life". Why do that unless she's just trying to get to Teresa?
Meh, Melissa didn't bring up the party. Someone else asked her how it went. I took her lack of details as her not wanting to talk about it at all, not as her hiding it, it seemed like she genuinely believed she didn't do anything wrong about the FIl issue.

I don't think she's innocent in the fighting. I'm actually interested to see what Joe tells at her about saying his parents think she's the devil or something.
__________________
aaarcher86 is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #3068
Kimberle
WL Vet
 
Kimberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,929

TLC must think we are really stupid to believe Teresa and Joe just "happened" to run into each other in the gym when the camera's were present.
__________________
Aug 01 CR, N Wing Sept 02 Country Inn & Suites, Calypso Cay Sept 03 WL, Crtyd view
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #3069
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I don't think Joe was looking for a fight. If Teresa hadn't of sought him out I don't think he would have walked up to her. I don't think he reacted any differently than I would have if I hadn't seen someone I'd been estranged from for a year. 'What are you doing?' You can't just walk up to someone and pretend it is all normal.

Meh, Melissa didn't bring up the party. Someone else asked her how it went. I took her lack of details as her not wanting to talk about it at all, not as her hiding it, it seemed like she genuinely believed she didn't do anything wrong about the FIl issue.

I don't think she's innocent in the fighting. I'm actually interested to see what Joe tells at her about saying his parents think she's the devil or something.
I agree with what you said. After a year, you can't just spot someone at the gym and everything be done.
If Melissa had visited her fil the day he went in the hospital, Tre would be complaining that she came sick. She'd say that Melissa did it for attention and doesn't care about her fil's health.
Cinderelly5507 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #3070
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
I agree with what you said. After a year, you can't just spot someone at the gym and everything be done.
If Melissa had visited her fil the day he went in the hospital, Tre would be complaining that she came sick. She'd say that Melissa did it for attention and doesn't care about her fil's health.
Melissa wasnt sick. She was at the gym with Kathy. Even Kathy thought it was bs.
sunshinehighway is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #3071
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post

Melissa wasnt sick. She was at the gym with Kathy. Even Kathy thought it was bs.
I don't think she was super sick either. She said she had a sore throat. I still do my daily routine when my throat is sore and I don't feel the best but if my husband is home with the flu and its possible that I'm starting to get it at wouldnt rush to the bed of my elderly and sick father in law either.

Wasn't he in ICU? When my grandfather was in ICU they wouldn't permit us in because we were on the beginning stages of a cold. It's not worth the risk.
__________________
aaarcher86 is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #3072
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
cluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I don't think she was super sick either. She said she had a sore throat. I still do my daily routine when my throat is sore and I don't feel the best but if my husband is home with the flu and its possible that I'm starting to get it at wouldnt rush to the bed of my elderly and sick father in law either.

Wasn't he in ICU? When my grandfather was in ICU they wouldn't permit us in because we were on the beginning stages of a cold. It's not worth the risk.
I agree with you. I wish Melissa would have just owned that and shut them down. All of her backpedaling just gave Teresa more ammunition to keep after her.
cluvsdisney is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #3073
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!
 
mommy2allgirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,321

How was the show tonight? I missed it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Casey
Wife to my Prince Charming, Mommy to 5 Princesses, Disney obsessed, & late stage lyme, babesia, and bartonella fighter
Family Blog
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #3074
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol
 
goofinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Portland, Maine
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allgirls View Post
How was the show tonight? I missed it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Rosie is out of her mind crazy! Richie is a jerk. That pretty much sums it up.
__________________
goofinoff is offline  
Old 07-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #3075
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius
 
Nik's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 6,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
Rosie is out of her mind crazy! Richie is a jerk. That pretty much sums it up.
That sums it up for me too. I actually fast fowarded through the Rosie vent. I can't stand her screaming anymore. I liked her when they first started having her on the show. Now she is just an angry, bitter woman. They are stocked up with angry, bitter women on that show. They don't need anymore.

I am touched by Jacqueline's story this season. But I am concerned that she has mentioned things she is trying to "cure" Nickolas of autism. As soon as someone says "cure" and autism, I immediately become suspicious. There is no cure. Ask any informed autism specialist. There are things we can do to treat autism, and minimize some of the behaviors. But there is no cure. Not yet. And how is a mother of a newly diagnosed child, now an expert in autism? It took me a few years, and I'm still learning!
__________________


Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: