Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #2896
AddictedtoDoleWhip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
When is part 3 on?
Sunday. Thank Goodness it will be over soon.

Does anyone know why they are bringing on the house husbands? I don't really like that, and I wish they would only have the housewives on the reunions so for example:

On BH, no friend of housewives, or husbands. I don't understand why they are on it, though they have more class than the NJ house husbands do. I just think it's unnecessary.
AddictedtoDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #2897
gottaluvPluto
I feel like Tink and Tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Eh, its good dirt. She's playing victim on the show. She even said she was the victim at the reunion. The fact she has a shoplifting past give some validity to the whole "gold digger" claims.
Melissa also is trying to make herself come across as the "good one." So this arrest does show part of her character.

Stealing is stealing and she was an adult! I'm sure she has done worse, but hasn't been caught.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
gottaluvPluto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #2898
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoDoleWhip View Post

Does anyone know why they are bringing on the house husbands? I don't really like that, and I wish they would only have the housewives on the reunions so for example:

On BH, no friend of housewives, or husbands. I don't understand why they are on it, though they have more class than the NJ house husbands do. I just think it's unnecessary.
The only thing I can think of is the husbands really did have much larger roles this season????
minnie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #2899
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Plus this season was really focused on families not just the ladies.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #2900
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:

Filler to stretch the season out to as many episodes as possible? It seems like it has went on forever.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #2901
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

Other seasons have had the husbands come on the reunion also. I remember BH did, because they talked to Lisa's hubby about the drama with that guy who was living in their house. They also talked with all the hubby's I remember the viewers voted Kyles hubby the most handsome and he was embarrassed.

I think with NJ they husbands were such a big part of it, especially Joe Gorga since he is Tres sister.
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #2902
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
if it were Teresa who did it at 18, people would be screaming how horrible she is.
I think she does enough on her own for people to scream how horrible she is!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #2903
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I couldn't stand when he said "Yeah Andy thanks for airing that phone call, it cost me a fortune at the jewelry store".
Then he said I had to exchange it 3 times till I got it right, I usually just let her exchange it and I'm done.

You filthy dirt bag, a piece of jewelry wouldn't work for any self-respecting woman for being called that word. You just married a twisted moron who excepts your behavior and turns a blind eye to it.
Ridiculous....all the jewelry in the world wouldn't make what he did ok. He'd be history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
Except maybe towards Lauren, I don't get the bully accusations against Caroline. She's tough and claimed to want to stay out of the drama while grilling & counseling everyone about what was going on but I can't recall that she bullied people.
I don't think she bullied her either. Even Andy said just because you don't agree with someone, it doesn't make you a bully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
I think the reason Melissa and Kathy didn't tell Tre they were going to be on the show was because of a gag clause, according to the contract with Bravo, they absolutely could not tell anyone or there would be huge ramifications. At least that is what I thought they said last year when the question came up, I'm not 100% sure though.

As to why Melissa went on the show, I can only guess it was to promote her singing career. I think most of the housewives have an alterior motive, like a singing career, cook books, self help books, make-up lines, clothes lines etc. Even Andy mentioned something about how it is fine that they all are using the show to their advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
Yes. Teresa called Melissa an opportunist (which I'm suprised she knew that word!) and Andy said "What's wrong with being an opportunist?" I think that is totally the pot calling the kettle black! Why wouldn't they use the show as an opportunity to advance their career? Why else would someone want to put themselves through that? Hmmmm......maybe Teresa DOESN'T understand the word "opportunist!!"
Clearly someone else called Melissa an opportunist because there is NO way Teresa would come up with that on her own. And frankly, they are ALL using it as an opportunity: selling books, a dessert line, singing, whatever....they are ALL doing it not just Melissa. Teresa is mad because she isn't the only one in that family that's in the spotlight.

Quote:
Teresa was "real bullied", just because you can't stand her doesn't somehow mean she wasn't bullied, i find it sad that when it's someone you don't like all of a sudden it isn't bullying.

Did you all hear how there is a warrant out for Melissa's arrest in Florida where she shoplifted? She stole about 1,000 dollars worth of merchandise I believe. Looks like she is no angel like she claims to be, and is no victim. What a drama queen, she is such a great actress.
We must have different ideas of what bullying is because I didn't see that happening at all.

As for the shoplifting, that's wrong....but I'm hoping she's a different person now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
Teresa was not bullied - She was not intimidated at any one point by any of the ladies (a huge part of the CORRECT definition of bullying is intimidation). I don't see Caroline or the other ladies trying to gain power of Teresa (another huge red flag for the true application of bullying).

Applying the term "bullying" to Teresa's "situation" is a mis representation of the true definition of bullying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Not that I think anyone should steal, but it happened in 1997 when she was 18.
very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Eh, its good dirt. She's playing victim on the show. She even said she was the victim at the reunion. The fact she has a shoplifting past give some validity to the whole "gold digger" claims.
Are you saying that playing the victim and shoplifting 15 years ago have something in common? I'm pretty sure that shoplifting doesn't necessarily make you a gold digger. I do think shoplifting is pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaluvPluto View Post
Melissa also is trying to make herself come across as the "good one." So this arrest does show part of her character.

Stealing is stealing and she was an adult! I'm sure she has done worse, but hasn't been caught.
You're sure she has done worse??

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
I think she does enough on her own for people to scream how horrible she is!
She certainly does!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by N&B'smom; 10-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #2904
sasywtch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Ridiculous....all the jewelry in the world wouldn't make what he did ok. He'd be history.

I agree

I don't think she bullied her either. Even Andy said just because you don't agree with someone, it doesn't make you a bully.

Andy isn't a psychologist and is part of the problem. He enjoys the victim/bully role these HW shows have taken.

Clearly someone else called Melissa an opportunist because there is NO way Teresa would come up with that on her own. And frankly, they are ALL using it as an opportunity: selling books, a dessert line, singing, whatever....they are ALL doing it not just Melissa. Teresa is mad because she isn't the only one in that family that's in the spotlight.

Melissa has admitted that she hated Teresa before coming onto the show. This isn't only a tv show, it's Teresa's work place. You wouldn't have a problem with a relative that hates you coming to your place of employment? It was well known by Melissa's sisters on forums that Melissa and Kathy were hired only to bring down Teresa. They had been denied on the show for 3 years. I would say, the Marco sisters knew what they were talking about. The very first episode Joey calls his sister garbage for saying congratulations and the Marco sisters tell Joey they are his real sisters. There is a huge difference in affording your relatives an opportunity vs your relatives taking an opportunity to bring you down.

We must have different ideas of what bullying is because I didn't see that happening at all.

As for the shoplifting, that's wrong....but I'm hoping she's a different person now!!

very true

Since Teresa sucks at thinking on her feet, I'll name two..........gang up on the back porch at Jacquelines where Caroline just happened to show up and the Napa trip. Go back and watch the episodes where everytime one of the ladies say they are going to get along with Teresa, Caroline has a smart remark to show intimidation to them not to be friends with Teresa. Intimidation isn't just to that person, it's intimidating others to act on your behave to belittle someone. Ooops, the expert Andy forgot to mention that one and that's from a psychology book

Are you saying that playing the victim and shoplifting 15 years ago have something in common? I'm pretty sure that shoplifting doesn't necessarily make you a gold digger. I do think shoplifting is pathetic.

You're sure she has done worse??

She certainly does!!!
I am one that is a firm believer after listening to her stories that she did settle for Joey because he promised her the big house, money etc. Her sights were on someone else. Oh and btw, how could she only work at Lookers for 1 day or 1 week as she said when she showed wage stubs for 9 months to prove she was a bartender and not a "dancer"? Pretty hard to be a teacher with a warrant on you.
sasywtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #2905
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpocket View Post
I think everything on these reality shows are set up to some point. It was revealed that the dark haired guy on "breaking Amish" is full of BS and has certainly lived on the outside for a good deal of his life. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if everything is fake and contrived.
I haven't made it through the rest of the thread, so this may have been already said, but I saw part of one episode and it was super clear to me that the main characters weren't newcomers out of the Amish or Old Order Mennonite communities because most of them have Philadelphia/mid-Atlantic accents. The Amish have a very different accent and ways of speaking. That show is ridiculously phony.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #2906
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
I haven't made it through the rest of the thread, so this may have been already said, but I saw part of one episode and it was super clear to me that the main characters weren't newcomers out of the Amish or Old Order Mennonite communities because most of them have Philadelphia/mid-Atlantic accents. The Amish have a very different accent and ways of speaking. That show is ridiculously phony.
Ditto!
I tried watching it and just couldn't. I won't try to rewatch it again either.
Give me more mind numbing Housewives
It's my guilty pleasure!
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #2907
Free4Life11
DIS Cast Member
I just have to say it one more time...YAGE!
"ba-doinka-a-doink-doink"

We have finally come to the end...just kidding, there is a lost footage episode next week. Seriously? How much longer can they drag this out!

Thoughts on the reunion? I'm glad it's over because watching it stresses me out.

My favorite part was when Jackie started yapping and Theresa got up and started screaming....I paused then watched it it in slow-motion...crazy!!
Free4Life11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #2908
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4Life11 View Post
We have finally come to the end...just kidding, there is a lost footage episode next week. Seriously? How much longer can they drag this out!

Thoughts on the reunion? I'm glad it's over because watching it stresses me out.

My favorite part was when Jackie started yapping and Theresa got up and started screaming....I paused then watched it it in slow-motion...crazy!!
I thought Teresa was going to have an aneurism. Holy heck! She freaked.
I honestly feel sorry for her. It's obvious that she is so wrapped up in herself that she truly doesn't see that she is the one causing all the trouble surrounding her and thinks she is a victim. I think she needs mental help.

Jacquelin's husband is amazing!
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #2909
tajz90
Mama D

I thinkTeresa is a bit old to be calling her parents mommy and daddy.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2910
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I thinkTeresa is a bit old to be calling her parents mommy and daddy.
This is *definitely* a Jersey thing. I grew up in NJ and everyone I know, including my family, no matter how old we are, call our our parents Mommy and Daddy.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: