Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
EllenFrasier
DIS Veteran

Wildwood, NJ - Anyone familiar with the bay side?

I've stayed in Wildwood, NJ many times, but I've never stayed on the bay side. The place we're considering is a condo on Garfield Ave or something like that and it's close to the bay.
My boys like to fish and we girls like to shop and go to the beach. We also have 2 dogs we'll be bringing along. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with that area? Is there a beach on the bay side? How about fishing pier or place to fish? We can drive over to the ocean in a couple of minutes, but I wanted something within walking distance for part of our time.
Thanks!
EllenFrasier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

I don't think there are any bay beaches in Wildwood proper. Wildwood Crest, yes, maybe in North Wildwood too, but not Wildwood itself. Fishing shouldn't be a problem, however. You might be able to fish or go crabbing from the bulkhead at the end of every street.

Be sure to "watch the tram car, please"
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
HulaHoopy
Mouseketeer

I agree with the pp. I don't think their are any bay beaches in Wildwood. I stay in North Wildwood and don't think they have any either.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenFrasier View Post
I've stayed in Wildwood, NJ many times, but I've never stayed on the bay side. The place we're considering is a condo on Garfield Ave or something like that and it's close to the bay.
My boys like to fish and we girls like to shop and go to the beach. We also have 2 dogs we'll be bringing along. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with that area? Is there a beach on the bay side? How about fishing pier or place to fish? We can drive over to the ocean in a couple of minutes, but I wanted something within walking distance for part of our time.
Thanks!
I have gone to Wildwood my entire life in the summer for trips. I'm not an expert by any means but it is the only shore town I go to.

Garfield Ave is about 10 blocks north of Rio Grande which is the dividing line for the Crest and Wildwood so you will be in the main area of Wildwood.

As far as I know there are no bays or bay beaches in any of the Wildwoods. There are some sounds and inlets but I don't recall ever seeing an area to swim and the water is a little brackish back there.

I don't know of any fishing piers in the area of the Wildwoods either. I do like to take early morning walks on the beach and have seen people fishing right into the surf very early in the morning.

Wildwood just passed a ordinance allowing dogs on one block of beach at Poplar St. I believe from the boardwalk to the ocean but I'm not positive. I haven't made my trip down there yet this year.

Hope that helps. And as someone else said, "Watch the Tram car please!"
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/fishi...ey-101175.html

There seems to be some info at this website...somewhere to start anyway!
Our family used to vacation in Wildwood Crest every year until I turned 17 and was old enough to get into trouble .

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: