Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #91
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGE View Post
I understand the capacity element, thats why a limited number should be available, managed individually by the resort...lets face it, if you're staying on-site for a week then you're not going to be hanging around the pools most of the time, why not make it available for $25/day to others who'll be in the area but not necessarily hitting the parks?

If Disney's argument is that, "...well, it's actually an extra $100/night to stay at a deluxe resort..." then that is simply shameful in a whole host of different ways. Especially considering how they squeeze every penny out of you anyway with everything else...

I would not be paying to stay at the deluxe resort, I would be paying to use the public areas for a limited amount of time. Definitely something that Disney should think about. Wouldn't be awful public relations either considering the state of the economy and the need for some to stay in values or offsite...
Unless you plan to use that "day pass" when the pool opens in the morning for about a half hour or right before it closes at night, the pool is going to be crowded with guests staying at that resort. I take it you have never been to Stormalong Bay at the BC/YC or the Polynesian pool.

If you want to swim at a Disney resort pool, you need to make a reservation at that resort to stay there.

Disney squeezes the money out of you because they can.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #92
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If Disney's argument is that, "...well, it's actually an extra $100/night to stay at a deluxe resort..." then that is simply shameful in a whole host of different ways. Especially considering how they squeeze every penny out of you anyway with everything else...
It's more than $100 per day, sometimes lots more. No 'shame' involved, anyone willing and able to pay to stay deluxe get's to use the pool.
I would not be paying to stay at the deluxe resort, I would be paying to use the public areas for a limited amount of time. Definitely something that Disney should think about. Wouldn't be awful public relations either considering the state of the economy and the need for some to stay in values or offsite...
Actually Disney has thought about it - they have water parks which you can pay to use if you are staying offsite and want to enjoy onsite swimming. In regards to Disney resorts, including the deluxe resorts, you can use the public areas, you can eat in the restaurants, stroll around the grounds, sit in the lobby or on benches on the grounds, stroll through and buy merchandise from the stores, for free, you just can't swim in the pools.
sndral is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #93
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
I understand the capacity element, thats why a limited number should be available, managed individually by the resort...lets face it, if you're staying on-site for a week then you're not going to be hanging around the pools most of the time, why not make it available for $25/day to others who'll be in the area but not necessarily hitting the parks?

So, would you then be ok with getting kicked out of the pool if it hit capacity and someone actually staying at the resort wanted to swim? I'm sure that would go over big--"You there from the Pop! Haul your hinney out of the pool, another Poly guest wants in!"

The resort pools do not have a massive capacity. They have enough room for the guests who are staying at that resort, and that is about it. We are not talking giant water parks. There really isn't room for extra people.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #94
bkhemphill
Earning My Ears

Smile

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but since I am new to this site and at work I can't go through all the posted responses and answers....

so DH and I want to visit a beach like place without having to pay to drive to the actual beach (esp since the weather in Florida is random in December) so I have been looking up other places and I found Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. And I saw that they have paddle boats and other things at that lake and that you aren't allowed to swim in it....so I was wondering does anyone know if we would be able to just sit at that "beach" and watch the lake and the people out on the boats!?

Again this is my first real trip...please tell me if any of my information is wrong! lol

bkhemphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #95
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhemphill View Post
I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but since I am new to this site and at work I can't go through all the posted responses and answers....

so DH and I want to visit a beach like place without having to pay to drive to the actual beach (esp since the weather in Florida is random in December) so I have been looking up other places and I found Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. And I saw that they have paddle boats and other things at that lake and that you aren't allowed to swim in it....so I was wondering does anyone know if we would be able to just sit at that "beach" and watch the lake and the people out on the boats!?

Again this is my first real trip...please tell me if any of my information is wrong! lol
I know that guests not staying at the Polynesian like to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from their beach, so I don't see anything wrong with what you want to do.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #96
bkhemphill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I know that guests not staying at the Polynesian like to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from their beach, so I don't see anything wrong with what you want to do.
Thanks! =) I'm super excited to go!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #97
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! =) I'm super excited to go!
You're welcome and I hope you have a great time.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #98
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:

One of my favorite things to do in Dec. is to visit the various resorts to see the Christmas decorations. In addition to the beach by the Poly, which is a monorail ride away from the MK, the Epcot resorts of YC/BC, BW and the Swan and Dolphin front a small lake. The pleasant walk between the back entrance to Epcot and DHS by these resorts is an easy way to get some 'beachy/white sand' time and if you wander into the lobbies you can see the Christmas decor.
sndral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #99
bkhemphill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
One of my favorite things to do in Dec. is to visit the various resorts to see the Christmas decorations. In addition to the beach by the Poly, which is a monorail ride away from the MK, the Epcot resorts of YC/BC, BW and the Swan and Dolphin front a small lake. The pleasant walk between the back entrance to Epcot and DHS by these resorts is an easy way to get some 'beachy/white sand' time and if you wander into the lobbies you can see the Christmas decor.
Yea we really want to go around to see the decorations but with the "pool" rules and things I wasn't sure if they would allow us to sit at the "beach". And it's so expensive to get a taxi or a rental car and I really want DH to see it all (not going to happen) but as much as we can! Thank you for your reply! I'm glad we will be able to do this or I might be super bummed!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #100
gojoe
DIS Veteran

You can visit the other resorts. We always visit other resorts for diner and stroll around the grounds. I love the beach at Grand Floridian. Enjoy, we do.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #101
deejohn
WDW is my Prozac

We have stayed at the CBR many times and no one really uses the beach areas too much, so I'm sure the Cast Members won't bother you either.

Oct 1989 - Grovesner(Honeymoon);Apr 1992 - Wilson World West Gate;Oct 1998 - CBR - Barbados(Bldg 12);Nov 1999 - All Star Music;Nov 2000 - All Star Movies;Oct 2001 - All Star Movies;May 2003 - PO - Riverside (Bldg 14);Dec 2005 - Coronado Springs - Rachos (Bldg 6B);Dec 2006 - CBR - Barbados (Bldg 14);Nov 2007 - PO - French Quarter(Bldg 4);Dec 2008 - CBR (Barbados 12);Dec 2009 -CBR (Aruba 52); Dec 2010 - CBR Jamacia; Aug 2011 - POP ; Aug 2012 - POP ; Dec 2012 - PORS Magnolia; Dec 2013 - CBR Barbados (Bldg 16)
deejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #102
princessangi
Earning My Ears

I had no idea that this was such a hot item for many at WDW. I am old school, first stayed in 1978 at the Polynesian with the fam. Been going off and on for years to Disney. It is true that it was a perk then that you could visit any other resort and use their pools. We always took a "day off" to go over to the Contemporary for the day or vice versa depending on which hotel we were staying at. I have since stayed at value, moderate, and deluxe hotels, and I have never been told that this is no longer allowed.
Seems like I did hear something once about the Beach club resort not allowing other guests because it was more like a water park. Now, WDW is so large, that we no longer take a day off to hang out at the pools, just too much to see and do(unlike when it was just the Magic Kingdom). I can understand however if you are paying deluxe resort prices, that you wouldn't want to be crowded out of your pool by value resort guests. Please understand that many return visitors from years past do not read these threads and have no idea that the rules have changed. Most are probably not intentionally trying to cause problems. Just thought I should add my thoughts.
princessangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #103
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessangi View Post
Please understand that many return visitors from years past do not read these threads and have no idea that the rules have changed. Most are probably not intentionally trying to cause problems. Just thought I should add my thoughts.
No need to read these boards to know though.

The rule is clearly stated on a sign at the entrance to each resort's pool.
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #104
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Beach users, please be aware the water is not safe for swimming or even wading. There are alligators and snakes in those waters.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #105
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Beach users, please be aware the water is not safe for swimming or even wading. There are alligators and snakes in those waters.
and a dangerous amoeba that causes serious illness. That's the reason River Country closed.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: