Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #166
kamgen
It is what it is...

Not a debate, just an opinion. I think it is funny that there are people on this thread who talk "down" about people who choose to pool hop. Really?? It is a fun perk and we have always done it and have never had or caused a problem. JMHO.

kamgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #167
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I don't think anyone is "talking down" those people who are entitled to pool hop. The people who cause annoyance are those who are not entitled to hop, and for some reason think the rules that govern pool hopping don't apply to them.
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #168
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamgen View Post
Not a debate, just an opinion. I think it is funny that there are people on this thread who talk "down" about people who choose to pool hop. Really?? It is a fun perk and we have always done it and have never had or caused a problem. JMHO.
You just need to make it clear on this thread that you are a DVC member staying on points at a DVC resort and pool hopping is not blacked out. Not everyone is entitled to pool hop.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #169
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Using Pools at Other Resorts - FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate)

Does someone have a link on the "rules" of pool hopping?
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #170
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL50Cruiser View Post
Does someone have a link on the "rules" of pool hopping?
Check out the first post in this thread. The link to Disney's site is in the first section of the FAQ.

If you're looking for the DVC pool hopping rules, you'll find them on dvcmember.com.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #171
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Using Pools at Other Resorts - FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate)

Thanks Lynne M. On my way there now.
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #172
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
That was an error on the part of the CM explaining stuff to you. The member you rent from is required to notify Member Services that they have received compensation from your to use the reservation. Thus, you are not a guest of the member.

Since you compensated the member and are not a guest of the member (no compensation paid to the member to be a guest), you are not entitled to any DVC perks or benefits other than staying in a great villa at a good price. You still get all the Disney resort guest benefits like using WDW transportation, access to EMH and ME, ability to send your package back to your resort instead of having to carry them.
what if you truly are a GUEST of a member? in other words
you are staying on points, you are not a DVC member, but have NOT compenstated the member for points, they are friends or family.

I ask because every time a perk is mentioned, you always say the member is required to notify the resort if they have "rented" the points. what if you are really a GUEST?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #173
WDWPolyFan
Mouseketeer

We just got back from the Polynesian on Wednesday (7/6/11) and the staff was checking resort IDs at the volcano pool. All Poly guests were asked to wear a wrist band to identify themselves and so cast members didn't keep asking them for ID. It seems like most guests were happy to wear the wrist bands.
WDWPolyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #174
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
what if you truly are a GUEST of a member? in other words
you are staying on points, you are not a DVC member, but have NOT compenstated the member for points, they are friends or family.

I ask because every time a perk is mentioned, you always say the member is required to notify the resort if they have "rented" the points. what if you are really a GUEST?
DVC Members are asked to show their membership card, therefore guests aren't eligible to pool hop. Only owners.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #175
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
not sure. member perks being used by renters has been abused a lot, so i believe they are requiring the blue DVC member card to access benefits more these days (and have taken the "DVC member" off the KTTW cards).

but i don't think pool hopping was ever supposed to be a perk for anyone other than the DVC member (and their guests in that villa) staying onsite on a points reservation.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #176
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
not sure. member perks being used by renters has been abused a lot, so i believe they are requiring the blue DVC member card to access benefits more these days (and have taken the "DVC member" off the KTTW cards).

but i don't think pool hopping was ever supposed to be a perk for anyone other than the DVC member (and their guests in that villa) staying onsite on a points reservation.
I realize that pool hopping was never meant to be a "perk" for anyone except DVC members.

I was just wondering what the opposite of that statement was.:

Since you compensated the member and are not a guest of the member (no compensation paid to the member to be a guest), you are not entitled to any DVC perks or benefits other than staying in a great villa at a good price.

ie: since you did NOT compensate the member and ARE a guest of the member, you are.......

I was just wondering what the end of that sentance would be.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #177
smidgy
dimples

and if compensation is the issue, than what is the difference between those who did or did not compensate the owner?

and if their IS no difference at all, what does is matter if the DVC owner informs Memeber services that they were compensated?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #178
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
Well don't forget when staying at sister resorts such as the Yacht Club/Beach Club, All Star Sports/Music/Movies and Port Orleans French Quater/Port Orleans Riverside, you are allowed to use any of the pools those resorts have available.

I guess there is also the fact that anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower can use the pool at the Contemporary, although it's not the other way around because Contemporary guests are not allowed to swim at the Bay Lake Tower pool.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #179
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
ie: since you did NOT compensate the member and ARE a guest of the member, you are.......
...still not eligible to pool hop since you aren't an owner and don't hold a DVC membership card in your own name, which is required to be shown if asked by a castmember at a pool.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #180
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
...still not eligible to pool hop since you aren't an owner and don't hold a DVC membership card in your own name, which is required to be shown if asked by a castmember at a pool.
sigh. you missed my point.

I'm not arguing for pool hopping. I'm wondering what the difference would be between those RENTING " points and those who did NOT compenstae the member for the points .
not necessarily for pool hopping, but.. anything. what's the difference? and, if none, what dif. does it make if the member is Supposed to inform member services that they were compensated for their points.?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: