Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
disbugsdaddy
Earning My Ears

Three DISers and a Little Lady...(and some other people!) IN DISNEY NOW! Live Report!

With only 30 days to go before we leave for our annual WDW vacation I have decided to start a trip report. Having never attempted a trip report before, I'm hoping it will encourage me to get the camera out and take more pictures, and get the details of our trip so we can look back and remember everything that happened on this very special trip.

Why is this a special trip? Well my daughter will be turning Four in Disney this year. This will be her 5th trip, plus one other “in uetero,” it will also be my younger brother's honeymoon trip, and mark the first family trip where we have all stayed at separate accommodations!

So on with our “Cast of Characters”

Myself: Brad
I'm 31, I work for a major electronics retailer doing in-home service for our clients. Up until now I've been a DIS lurker for the most part, I've dropped my .02 on a few threads but never really participated though I do love to read the posts on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board. This report will mark my first foray into active participation on the DIS. My sense of humor runs toward sarcasm and good natured teasing, I tend to represent this in text with (parentheses) around sarcastic comments... you'll understand later.

My Wife: Katie (disbugsmomma on the DIS)
She has been more active than me on these boards in the past but she spends much more time on her Car Seat (note the capital letters?) ( <--- told you) boards, she is known in the family as the Car Seat N... let's just say Nut. We will be celebrating our ninth Anniversary in June and have been together for 13 years. We are both Disney crazy, we love the movies, music, merchandise and most of all WDW! (Does anybody else tear up over Disney commercials sometimes? Yeah, that's us!)

Our Daughter: Bug
This is her big trip, we've been talking to her about it for months! She is almost as excited as we are! (LOL) She will be turning four on this trip (where does the time go?!?) and we are making a pretty huge deal out of the event. Due to time and money constraints last year she did not have a 3rd birthday party, so we are determined to make up for that this year! She is a fan of all the Princesses and pink but still has a place in her heart for the Pirates too! She's cute, she knows it, and she has pretty much the whole family wrapped around her little finger!

My Parents: Nana and Papa (Papa is also known as bradisgoofy here on the DIS)
The people we owe our yearly Disney fix to, they own DVC and every year they spring for our lodging at WDW. Without them we would not be able to afford our... addiction! This year they have not only sprung for our lodging but they have also invited us to ride down to FL with them in their motor coach so we will not have to drive ourselves or fly. In August they will celebrate their 37th Anniversary! They are generous and giving and true role models for my brother and I as we try to follow their example. (Even though we are not always as successful!) Since she is their only grandchild, they spoil the Bug and acquiesce to her every demand! (As grandparents are wont to do!)

My Brother and Sister-in-law: Unca and B
These two have a very busy month ahead of them, Unca turns 21 on April 21st, their wedding is on April 24th, and they leave for WDW on May 2nd! B is a little older than Unca and was 21 last September. Unca works for the same retailer I do, in a store as a repair technician and B works a desk job at a consulting firm. My brother and I had a very... tumultuous relationship growing up. Being separated in age by eleven years didn't leave us very much in common growing up. Now that we are older, and we work for the same company, and he's getting married our common ground has greatly expanded and we get along very well. (Most of the time anyway.) This will probably be their last two week trip with us for a few years and I am glad they will be there!

Well that's a good stopping point for a first post. Next up I think I'll talk about our interesting lodging and travel arrangements for this trip.
'82 Off Site, Childhood Trip, '95 Off site Magical Music Days, '01 The Fort Honeymoon, '04 Boardwalk, '05 The Fort, '06 Boardwalk, '07 The Fort, April '08 The Fort-Grand Gathering, October '08 Saratoga Springs, March '09 Beachclub, May '10 Boardwalk, May '11 Boardwalk, Sept '11 Pop Century, Oct '12 Pop Century/Dream/Bay Lake Tower, May '13 Bay Lake Tower
May '10 Trip Report Three DISers and a Little Lady... and some other people!
Me DW DD DD

Last edited by disbugsdaddy; 05-04-2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Title Update
Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
disbugsmomma
Mouseketeer

OOOhhhh!!! I'm first!
*Offsite ~ 1988*ASMusic ~ 1999*FW Campground ~ 2001*Boardwalk ~ 2004*FW Campground ~ 2005*Boardwalk ~ 2006*FW Campground ~ 2007*FW Campground ~ 2008*SSR ~ 2008 mnsshp *Beach Club ~ 2009*Boardwalk ~ 2010*Boardwalk ~ 2011*POP ~ 2011*POP/Dream/BLT ~ 2012*BLT ~ 2013*Boardwalk/Fantasy ~ 2014
Me Dh Dd Dd

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
danagirl
Mouseketeer

Sounds Great!!! Cant wait to hear where you'll be staying!! 30 days.YOu must be sooo excited!!!....I have about 72 days but trust me when I say that my 72 is a doozy. Your daughter is a cutie!!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
bradisgoofy
Even 3rd shifters get in on the action
My rear seat is all one piece

I'm driving...hope I survive. And I'll be watching your "family" comments.
Brad is because he use to work the midnight shift. (I am disbugs papa), (follow maturemouse on Twitter & Facebook), DDC #53 * WDW visit on Honeymoon 8/73 * Off sight - 4/1982 * CBR - 4/1995 * Dixie Landings (now Riverside) - 4/1999 * FW Cabins 4/2000 * DVC Membership (BWV) - 4/2000 * VWL - 4/2001 * OKW - 4/2002 * BWV - 4/2003 * BWV - 4/2004 * FW (in our Fifth Wheel) - 4/2005 * BWV - 3/2006 then Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise - 3/30/06 then back to BWV - 4/2006 * FW (in our new MOTORCOACH) - 4/2007 * BWV & FW - 4/2008 Magical Gathering * SSR - 10/2008 MNSSHP * BCV - 3/2009 * BWV - 11/2009 (MVMCP 11-10-09) * FW (in the BIG RIG) - 5/2010 - Bought into BLT 5/12/10 * OKW 11/2010 * 2nd Wonder cruise 11/7/10 * MVMCP 11/11/10 * BLT 5/2011 * BWV - 12/2011 MVMCP 12/6/11 * BLT 4/12 * BLT 10/12 & DISNEY DREAMers cruise 10/7/12 * BLT 4/13 * VWL - 7/13 * Dream cruise 7/4/13 * BWV 11/29/13, Fantasy 7day Cruise 11/13 40-40-60, BWV 12/7/13 * BLT 5/14, DCL Magic 5/5/14 4 day, BLT 5/9/13 * BLT 12/14 - Podcast Cruise 5.0 !!!* I was at the 1st ever podcast at the DISboard Welcome Center 5/1/12 DCL cruises-Wonder 3/06;Wonder 11/10;Dream 10/12;Dream 7/13;Fantasy 11/13;Magic 5/14;Magic 11/14(PCC 5.0)

Last edited by bradisgoofy; 04-01-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
disbugsmomma
Mouseketeer

I love that all our tickers say different things. At any rate, we'll all be there on May 2nd.
*Offsite ~ 1988*ASMusic ~ 1999*FW Campground ~ 2001*Boardwalk ~ 2004*FW Campground ~ 2005*Boardwalk ~ 2006*FW Campground ~ 2007*FW Campground ~ 2008*SSR ~ 2008 mnsshp *Beach Club ~ 2009*Boardwalk ~ 2010*Boardwalk ~ 2011*POP ~ 2011*POP/Dream/BLT ~ 2012*BLT ~ 2013*Boardwalk/Fantasy ~ 2014
Me Dh Dd Dd

Old 04-01-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

You are off to a wonderful start!

Your DD is adorable! What a lucky little girl to be celebrating her 4th birthday at WDW! And you're right the time goes much too quickly

Congrats to your parents! 37 years is quite an achievement!

Looking forward to hearing about all your plans!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #7
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Sounds good! My DH and his brother are 8 years apart - but are now much closer as adults. It's a good thing.

Just for now, since the trip hasn't happened, I'm going to move you to the pre-trip report section. When you're back and reporting on the action, we'll move you back over!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
disbugsmomma
Mouseketeer

everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl View Post
30 days.YOu must be sooo excited!!!....I have about 72 days but trust me when I say that my 72 is a doozy. Your daughter is a cutie!!
That 72 days will fly by, it seems like just last week that I was saying we have 72 days left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Your DD is adorable! What a lucky little girl to be celebrating her 4th birthday at WDW! And you're right the time goes much too quickly

Thank you! I can't wait to share all our plans, but this is really dh's TR, so I can't get ahead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Sounds good! My DH and his brother are 8 years apart - but are now much closer as adults. It's a good thing.

Just for now, since the trip hasn't happened, I'm going to move you to the pre-trip report section. When you're back and reporting on the action, we'll move you back over!

Thanks for sharing!
I also have a sister who is 9 years younger and we get along much better now than we did growing up. Thanks for moving this to the correct board.
Me Dh Dd Dd

Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
disbugsdaddy
Earning My Ears

But where are we going to stay?

So, on to our lodgings and such.

As I mentioned earlier my parents cover our lodging costs every year, so every year before this we have all stayed together. We've stayed at Boardwalk and Ft Wilderness multiple times, and Saratoga Springs and Beach Club once each.

This year it's going to be different. Bug, DW and I will be staying in a Studio at Boardwalk, this is my favorite resort that we've stayed in so far. When the CMs say, “Welcome Home” here it really feels like we are! I love having the Boardwalk right there (really cool when you have a balcony right over the BW) and EPCOT and DHS just a short walk or boat ride away.

My parents will be staying out at Ft Wilderness in their Coach.

Picture is from the last time we camped at the Fort too, you can see our camper in the background. You like the DIS green golf cart and Mickey light?

And the newly weds will be staying out at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Probably not a resort I would choose but they seem to be pretty happy about it.

So since we are in a studio room this year with limited cooking facilities we have decided to spring for the Disney Dining Plan! This is a big splurge for us and we are super excited about it! In the past we have always been able to cook so we don't eat in the parks very much. When we have eaten in the parks, it's always on the cheap. But DW and I are Foodies, we love good food (and unfortunately haven't done so in moderation either!) This will be our chance to try out all the restaurants we always drool over! DW has all our ADRs made and laid out in our Google calendar with our ressie numbers included!

This will also be kind of a goodbye to indulgence for us. When we return from WDW we will be going on the Nutrisystem diet. It has worked great for my parents and their results finally convinced us that we need to try to see if we can get healthy too.

Well that's enough for now. Next... Dining Itinerary!
'82 Off Site, Childhood Trip, '95 Off site Magical Music Days, '01 The Fort Honeymoon, '04 Boardwalk, '05 The Fort, '06 Boardwalk, '07 The Fort, April '08 The Fort-Grand Gathering, October '08 Saratoga Springs, March '09 Beachclub, May '10 Boardwalk, May '11 Boardwalk, Sept '11 Pop Century, Oct '12 Pop Century/Dream/Bay Lake Tower, May '13 Bay Lake Tower
Me DW DD DD
Old 04-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
disbugsdaddy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl View Post
Sounds Great!!! Cant wait to hear where you'll be staying!! 30 days.YOu must be sooo excited!!!....I have about 72 days but trust me when I say that my 72 is a doozy. Your daughter is a cutie!!
Those days will fly by and then you're left wondering what happened to all your planning time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Glad to see you made it over! Yeah, she's adorable and she knows it, and plays it for all it's worth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for putting me in my place.
Me DW DD DD
Old 04-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Wow, you are brave to start a PTR this close to your trip!

Can't wait to read about your plans (and the food!) and figure out if we may run into each other!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #12
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Hi! Congrats on your upcoming trip!!! Your daughter is beautiful!!!! I hope you guys have an amazing time. Signing on

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 04-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #13
nickjonasluvr
Livin Life!

your daughter is adorable! how exciting your trip is soon
subbing
Old 04-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm subbing Your daughter is a cutie! What a trip to get to ride in "style" to Disney. We love to camp and used to camp all the time when our kids were younger.We are looking to get back into it.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
disbugsdaddy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Wow, you are brave to start a PTR this close to your trip!

Can't wait to read about your plans (and the food!) and figure out if we may run into each other!
Not so much brave as lazy, I've been meaning to start a PTR for a couple months... just never got around to it.

Next update tonight... hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Hi! Congrats on your upcoming trip!!! Your daughter is beautiful!!!! I hope you guys have an amazing time. Signing on
Thanks, welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjonasluvr View Post
your daughter is adorable! how exciting your trip is soon
subbing
Thank you and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey View Post
Hi I'm subbing Your daughter is a cutie! What a trip to get to ride in "style" to Disney. We love to camp and used to camp all the time when our kids were younger.We are looking to get back into it.
It will be different for me to ride to Florida, I haven't done that since I got my license! We love to camp but our little camper just wasn't meant for living in for two weeks! I would love to camp at the fort again, if I ever get a new camper that is.

Me DW DD DD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: