Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
KLSinATL
Earning My Ears

AS Movies vs. AS Music

My DH will have a 2 night stay with our 2.5 year old daughter at either AS Movies or Music. They won't be going to any of the parks (I'm joining them later at the Swan for that).

We thought he should check out one of the Value resorts to see what they're like for when we run out of Starwood Points . I've done a bit of searching on the boards already, but would like info regarding Music vs. Movies, specifically for a 2.5 year old girl who loves to swim. If you have strong opinions on the pool, activities, food, toddler-friendly vibe of either Music or Movies, please share!

Normally I would sift through all the previous threads and make an entire document, but this trip is only a week away and we need to book ASAP. Yikes!

THANKS!
KLSinATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
kmn952
Earning My Ears

I would do AS Movies. I really loved the pool there (it has Mickey and water comes out of his hand...its pretty cool). It also has the familiar characters in HUGE form as part of the hotel. I've found that the younger crowed usually enjoys this more then the over sized guitar/music decorations at AS Music...but both are good!
kmn952 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Missyma919
Mouseketeer

Sounds like they will spend a good amount of time at the resort. therefore gonna say AS Music. the games by the pool are so fun for kids. Plus a nightly movie at the pool. Good Luck deciding.
Missyma919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
Boo :)
Oh, so they have the Internet on computers now!

As Movies would be my choice, as a PP said the characters are great for young children and theres a little tv with the dalmatians to have a photo with. Also the main pool is well themed and the mighty ducks pool is very cool.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both resorts and I liked all-star movies environment alot better. It is wonderfully themed its like being in the parks. The pool is great!

But, there is better poolside entertainment at Music, we loved playing bingo by the pool and they always had poolside activities going on throughout the day. They provide schedules for the activities.

Whichever resort you choose they are a short walking distance from eachother and you are allowed to pool hop at the all-stars so you could always go over and enjoy the other.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

We've stayed at both and will be returning to Music. The poolside activites are AWESOME and worth it! Music, dancing, water balloon toss, and the big beachbalL! Oh I can't wait!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
KLSinATL
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to send them to Movies for the theming, and tell DH he should check out the pool at Music!
KLSinATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star movies, all star music, toddler

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: