Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #91
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Wow, Lindsay, you can really see a big difference in your pictures. Your legs are looking so much more toned from the running too. You must be so proud. You are such an inspiration.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #92
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kathy! You are inspiring too. I am very proud of what I have done so far although I am feeling lately like I still have so far to go. I am really nervous about going on vacation and loosing my momentum. Last week I only lost .2 and now the scale has not moved in the past few days either. Im trying really hard to stay OP! I just really want to get all this weight off and I guess Im getting scared that I will let myself fall into old habits. Thanks for the constant support and motivation, it is so helpful having others to go through this with.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #93
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

IRON PIGS 5K 6-27-10

I just got back a little while ago from my race this morning. It was a difficult one. Heres a review:

At 9am it was 86 degrees and the humidity was so thick. The race started on the field of our local single A baseball stadium...The Iron Pigs (Phillies). We ran out of the stadium. I started off running pretty quick as I feel like I have to keep up with the pack. Then came the first hill not even a 1/4 of a mile into it. I ran it and then saw it was a decent down hill so I tried to let my body just go while running down. I thought not so bad there shouldnt be to many more of these, right. Nope shortly after the bottom of the hill we headed up another one. This one was steap and long........I stopped and walked. Then it leveled off for about 1/4 mile. Shortly after I saw the 1 mile marker in the road. I was like wow that was a hard first mile. I didnt have a watch on so not sure what my split time was but I felt like it took forever.

I kept running and was getting really overheated. The sun was really blazing at this point and there was no shade. Luckily ahead I saw the water station and this was the 1/2 way point. I grabbed 2 cups. 1 for my head and 1 to drink. I have to admit it felt good pouring the water over my head but it only lasted for a few minutes until I felt like steam was coming off of it again. Then it was a few up and down slopes and I saw mile 2. I felt like I was finally getting in a groove.

A short while after another runner came up next to me and we chatted about the hills and how hot it was. She had a timer and said we were at 24 min. I thought thats pretty good since I passed the 2 mile a min or so ago. Then we see it. Another huge hill back towards the park. We stopped and walked. It was another one of those that is a spiraling hill with a gradual incline to the top. I walked most except half way up I got the urge to run some of it. At this point we were around the outside of the stadium. We had to contine running in a big circle around to the back of the stadium. As I was passing the entrance I contemplated just giving up so I could get a drink and sit down, but that wasnt an option. I just kept going. I ran the rest of the way which was mostly downhill or flat. Coming around the back I heard my husband yelling at me to run faster and my kids were cheering me on. I waved to them and my husband yells...."dont wave RUN!!!!" he cracks me up he's such a drill sargent. I made the turn into the stadium and saw my friend amy and an old high school friend courtney who was volunteering at the race. They cheered me on and amy yelled "almost there and your time is good...your at 37 min. I saw the clock and it said 37:10 I sprinted to the finish and believe it was 37:20 when I crossed. I did start 10-15 seconds back from the line and it was not a chip timed race. I am waiting for the official time to post. My goal was to get closer to 36 but I will take it considering the hills and heat. Im proud of myself and now have another race under my belt. Princess half here I come!!!!

Here are some pics from after the race and my kids exploring the park while I was running.

Me and my best friend amy. We have been friends since 9th grade which was 18 years ago. She is an awesome runner and came in first in our age group. Her time was 21 minutes and some sec. Shes awesome.

The boys were hanging in the dugout!

The boys standing on the on deck circle.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #94
VernRDH
Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mickey Mouse

YAY Lindsay!!! Awesome job on the 5k!! Especially considering the 3 h's (heat, humidity and hills!!!) There is no stopping you now girlfriend!!!

Proud of you!
VernRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #95
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

thanks veronica!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #96
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

you look great!!! i have been training for my 1st half and itg is so hard in this heat i work night shift so I cant get up early and run i am NOT a morning person So i have been stuck on the treadmill in the ac . Just wanted to subscribe
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #97
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
you look great!!! i have been training for my 1st half and itg is so hard in this heat i work night shift so I cant get up early and run i am NOT a morning person So i have been stuck on the treadmill in the ac . Just wanted to subscribe
I know this heat is difficult. I try to run later in the eve. I tried one day to get up early but I just couldnt get out of bed. I prefer to run at night.

When is your half and how far have you gotten? Are you doing one around home or disney? Thanks for subscribing, I am always looking for new friends to chat with.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #98
miztigg

my plan is to run the princess 1/2 im doing the C25K im in the 4th week but with the heat it has been so hard im goin to run at midnight tonight since im done work @ 11. I havent looked into any races in this area since im not ready yet. Im not too far from you looking forward to hearing more of your suscess
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #99
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

wow midnight. now thats dedication if I ever saw it. Be safe!

Where in nj are you near if you want to share that info if not thats ok just curious.

Thats awesome that you are doing the princess! I am dying to know the host resorts and the 2011 prices. I am so anxious to book the trip and register. I want it to be set in stone!

You should sign up for some 5K's in the fall it is a great way to get your feet wet with doing races. We have some fun ones around here in oct,nov, and dec so if your not too far I could give you the info. I really want to do a 10K before the princess so I can submit my time. I believe if you think you can complete it in 3hrs or less they move you up a corral. I just dont want to get stuck in a crowd of walkers/really slow runners. Im not fast by any means but I would rather start with a faster pace so Im not swerving around people. Well actually they probably will have to swerve around me so thats kinda selfish of me i guess. I think I can do 2:45 so we will see. Let me know how far exactly you are from me and if its not too far maybe if you come across any decent 10K in your area you could let me know.

Thanks!

Ps. sorry for the book!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #100
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Almost Forgot!!!

I almost forgot to post my weekly weigh in results this week. I have vacation brain already and still have 4 more days to go.

Week 9

this weeks weight.............197.4 a loss of 1lb.
Total weight loss so far............17.6lbs

So far so good. I am pleased with my progress. I would love to see it come off quicker but I am learning good things take time.

I am debating on taking my scale with me on vacation. I know sounds a little odd but I think it may help to keep me in check.

I am going to officially weigh in again on thursday and then not again until 7/13. Hopefully they both will be good. I am going to try my hardest.

Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #101
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Great job on the weight loss.

I say leave the scale at home during your vacation. But be mindful it'll be waiting for you at home.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #102
miztigg

im right in maple shade right over the betsy ross bridge. I actually work in center city. I guess im about a hr from you depending on the skuylll (sp) traffic I would love to run a race in the fall up there keep me posted and if i see anything around here ill let ya know. I cant wait to book the princess either if im not going by myself i think ill splurge and book the poly if its a host hotel again. If im goin solo im just gonna stay at whatever value is on the list I wish i would be ready in oct hershey is doing a half that seems like it would be a fun one . Talk to you soon!!!
rita kathleen
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #103
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Looking good Lindsay!! Keep at it--you are doing so well!

I am down in the dumps, so to speak. I got on the scale last week and the darn thing did not budge. The same day, I spoke to a good friend who mentioned that she could tell I was trimming up and such--took me by surprise. Made me slightly better but it is discerning when the scale does not show back the hard work I feel like I am putting in, but I there is more I could be doing. That is my goal, to really clean up my eating and drinking (I like diet pop and sweet tea, which I know are bad for me).

I know I am running out of time before my trip...I just want to go down and not feel so self-conscious and want to be in the photos from the trip...
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #104
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
im right in maple shade right over the betsy ross bridge. I actually work in center city. I guess im about a hr from you depending on the skuylll (sp) traffic I would love to run a race in the fall up there keep me posted and if i see anything around here ill let ya know. I cant wait to book the princess either if im not going by myself i think ill splurge and book the poly if its a host hotel again. If im goin solo im just gonna stay at whatever value is on the list I wish i would be ready in oct hershey is doing a half that seems like it would be a fun one . Talk to you soon!!!
rita kathleen
that is awesome how close you are. I saw a bunch of fun looking halfs that are scheduled in the fall, one being the rock and roll half in philly. I really want the princess to be my first and I especially think the extra training time will help. I will keep you posted with races that Im doing in the fall around here. Let me know if any pop up by you or in philly. Glad to meet someone so close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Looking good Lindsay!! Keep at it--you are doing so well!

I am down in the dumps, so to speak. I got on the scale last week and the darn thing did not budge. The same day, I spoke to a good friend who mentioned that she could tell I was trimming up and such--took me by surprise. Made me slightly better but it is discerning when the scale does not show back the hard work I feel like I am putting in, but I there is more I could be doing. That is my goal, to really clean up my eating and drinking (I like diet pop and sweet tea, which I know are bad for me).

I know I am running out of time before my trip...I just want to go down and not feel so self-conscious and want to be in the photos from the trip...
Steph,
Thanks for the compliments. I know you can do it. Why dont you try cutting out all of non-water drinks except 1 cup for a week and see what happens. Focus on drinking a min. of 48 oz of water per day. That along with exercise may be enough to get the scale moving again. Dont get discouraged you could be loosing inches and just not lbs at this point. If your friend noticed then you are doing something right. I hear you about the vacation pics I felt the same way. Try to really focus for a week or 2 and maybe it will help you get on track. I too am a sweet tea lover. I used to drink at least 1 or 2 large like 40oz cups per day. It is probably the worst thing for you. Im telling you speaking from experience just put down the sweet tea and walk away. You will notice after a week or so you wont miss it anymore. I have faith in you that you can do this and either way you should be proud of what you accomplished so far.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #105
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo, Lindsay!!! Congratulations on finishing your 5k in such conditions!! Your speed was awesome!! Your husbands comment cracked me up, don't wave, run!! Sounds like he's a great support for you.

Your pictures are so great, you look so happy and fit. Your boys are adorable and they must have been so proud and excited to see you finish your race in the baseball stadium.

You should definitely be further up in a corral during the princess. Never having run before this year, I figure I'll be in one of the back corrals, and happy to make it without being swept, but your times are definitely much faster than I am now, and you'll probably be much faster the way you're going. Do they only place you in the corrals based on other races? I guess that would make sense. This is all new to me.

Congrats again!! You must be so proud of yourself.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: