Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #76
MickeysGrlinMd
Trekkin' to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Your ideas/goals sound great. What an awesome idea about walking/running and meeting destination goals. I hope you get to travel to some really cool destinations. Are you planning on doing the princess? If so I would be happy to partner with you. Currently I am at around 1230/mile pace. I am hoping to get quicker by the time of the 1/2 marathon. Either way if you are faster or slower than me we can at least encourage each other along the way. Good luck with getting started on WW.

I am definitely feeling better! I have thought about the cross training in between. I dont want to do too much too fast. 1. it usually burns me out and I give up everything. 2. I want to allow my body time to adjust.

So this week I am increasing to running 4 nights/week. Next week I will add in one day of cross training either weight/toning stuff or the Wii active which is a little of both. Then after a few weeks I will add in a 2nd day of that. I will still keep one day of total rest. Do you think that sounds like a good plan?

Btw...I think your ideas of adding in slowly is GREAT. That is what WW teaches us, and my doctor!! WTG!!!

MickeysGrlinMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #77
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysGrlinMd View Post
Thanks!!! I would LOVE to be able to the 1/2 Princes. I will have to see if my parents or grandmother can finance it though. I am not even up to jogging, much less walking. I have to determine if they would let me walk during the 1/2.
You can walk it you just have to keep a 16min/mile pace or they sweep you and you dont get to finish. If that happens you dont get a medal either. I am hoping to avoid this.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #78
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am definitely feeling better! I have thought about the cross training in between. I dont want to do too much too fast. 1. it usually burns me out and I give up everything. 2. I want to allow my body time to adjust.

So this week I am increasing to running 4 nights/week. Next week I will add in one day of cross training either weight/toning stuff or the Wii active which is a little of both. Then after a few weeks I will add in a 2nd day of that. I will still keep one day of total rest. Do you think that sounds like a good plan?
I think that sounds great! I need to start using our Wii fit as well. I definitely agree that a day of rest is a good idea. Would you offer your feedback on what my plan is? I would really appreciate it!

Here's what I am trying to do (though I have not fully fulfilled it yet):

Monday: brisk walk/run in the morning, meet with DIS friend in the afternoon to walk/talk/girls play together after we are done (does not happen every week but most weeks)

Tuesday: Circuit type workout or Wii Fit

Wednesday: Same as Monday

Thursday: same as Tuesday

Friday: brisk walk/run

Saturday: same as Friday

Sunday: My rest day

I need to start doing toning type exercises every day too to help me to start looking more toned. I would love some feedback!!
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #79
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can walk it you just have to keep a 16min/mile pace or they sweep you and you dont get to finish. If that happens you dont get a medal either. I am hoping to avoid this.
I did not know they will allow you to walk it. I can walk a mile in about 10 minutes or so, give or take. I have always been a better brisk walker than runner. I know I actually burn more calories with brisk walking than I do a slow jog...
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #80
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Stephanie your plan sounds great. The Marathoning for mortals book has a plan that I am going to follow for the 1/2 training. I am using the day/day breakdown as a guide to how I set up my workouts.

Basically its something like this although I dont have it in front of me.

M-Run/Walk- Its a tempo run but either way your good.
T-Cross train
W-Moderate run/walk- just a tad faster than comfortable pace
R- cross train
F- ? not sure if this also is a rest or a run
Sat-longer comfortable pace run/walk
Sun- rest

So at least hopefully you get the point. So what your doing looks good. I would just alternate run/walk then a cross train (this can include weight training).

So if you can walk that fast its actually faster than I currently run.

I would say you should sign up for the princess too Although I know your doing your big trip in sept. so Im sure its out of the question. huh?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #81
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I would love to do the Princess with you but it won't work this next time. I am hoping for a trip in May to celebrate my master's graduation. I am possibly looking at the 5k in October (2011)...if you want to consider it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #82
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Weigh in day today!!!!!

Current Wt-201lbs
this weeks loss is 1.4lbs.

Total loss in 6 weeks is 14lbs

My home scale told me this week and even today that I was in the 100's. over the weekend it said 198.8 and today 199 but I am going by my work scale so I was a little disappointed to see a 2 still. I wanted to get into the one hundereds and not look back anymore. Maybe by the end of the week the scales will all be there. I stress over the numbers way to much I know!

I am feeling alot better and healthier. Im not getting headaches like I used to. I can move alot easier and I dont focus on food all day long. I am even going through a stressful time at work and still have been able to stay on the plan. I tried zumba tonight by using videos on you tube. I really liked it and I am going to use that as my cross training workouts on my non-running days.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #83
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Hi Lindsay!!

I read through most of your journal, and love all the pictures you shared. Your boys are so cute. You look great, and you can really see the difference since you lost 10 pounds.

I feel like we are definitely on a similar path. I started between the bl at 213, and am 209 today. Planning to get under 200 before august. Plus I've done ww so many times too.

It's so great to get to know so many people here through wish, and then to actually plan to do the princess, and get to meet you in person will be great. Lisah0711 and I are planning to walk/run it, and we'll see how the training goes in the fall as to which plan from the marathoning for mortals book we do.

Keep up the great work!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #84
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Hi Lindsay!!

I read through most of your journal, and love all the pictures you shared. Your boys are so cute. You look great, and you can really see the difference since you lost 10 pounds.

I feel like we are definitely on a similar path. I started between the bl at 213, and am 209 today. Planning to get under 200 before august. Plus I've done ww so many times too.

It's so great to get to know so many people here through wish, and then to actually plan to do the princess, and get to meet you in person will be great. Lisah0711 and I are planning to walk/run it, and we'll see how the training goes in the fall as to which plan from the marathoning for mortals book we do.

Keep up the great work!!!
thanks alot Kathy. Yes it is so awesome to meet people and really get to know each other before the race. I am hoping to run most but I am going to see how my training goes through the summer and fall. I am at the 4 mile point and am still able to run most of it. I do take a few quick walk breaks but I find once I walk its harder to start up again. But either way Im hoping we are in the same corrals since its our first race. I would love to be able to wait and start the race with others that I know. I think it will be a lot of fun. I am not giving myself a time goal, I think I can complete it in less than 3 hrs but Im not worried about that. I just want to do it, have fun, and maybe get a few pics along the way. I mean who can run past mickey and not take a pic right. Thats my goal for getting faster....so I have extra time to take pictures.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #85
mikamah
DIS Veteran

I don't know how the whole corral things work, so it will be very interesting. I think if I'm at a 12 min mile pace before we go, that will give me ample time for pictures too, and to enjoy the scenery. I just want to finish it, but I hope to be at a pace in my training that I won't be struggling to not be swept. I'm pretty much 15 min miles walking and running, and usually do 2-3 miles. I find toward the end of 3 miles, my running is slowing and my walking is probably as fast or faster than the running. I probably run 4-5 min, walk 2-3, but if the running feels good, i'll go 8-10 min straight. I did 2.5 miles straight once, and my hip paid for it for a couple weeks, so at my weight right now, the intervals are better. I can't afford to hurt myself, and I hope as I lose more weight, my joints will be able to handle more.
I am a picture fanatic, so I definitely need to have time for pics with characters.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #86
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I hope you are doing well Lindsay! Congratulations on the weight loss!! Keep up the great work!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #87
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Week 7
Total Loss this Week: 2.4lbs
Total loss in 7 weeks: 16.4lbs

I am so proud of myself. My initial goal was to loose 6 pounds a month. I want to reach my goal of 60lbs loss by the princess 1/2 february 27th, 2011. If I can stay on the plan I think I will be able to do it.

Only 43.6lbs to go.

I am excited to take another picture of myself next week to see if there is a noticable difference. I definitely feel great and my clothes are fitting much better. I actually fit into a pair of pants that I grew out of after vacation in sept. I tried them on in the beginning of march and couldnt even close them now I can wear them and they are comfortable and not even tight in the waste.

My next race is planned for sunday june 27th. I am running with one of my best friends...and when I say running with I mean waiting around for the race to start and meeting up with her at the finish line. She runs a 5K somewhere in the 26-28 minute range. Much Much faster than me. Shes an awesome running and has done marathons and half marathons for years. It should be a fun race. Its at a local AA baseball park we have here. Its the iron pigs stadium which is called coca cola park. They are the feeder team for the phillies. For those of you who know a little bit about me know I am a huge phillies fan. They actually announce your name over the speaker as you run into the stadium. I think that will be the best part.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #88
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your loss this week. You are well on your way and you will make your goal by the princess half. Such a great feeling to get back into old clothes too. You're going awesome, Lindsay.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #89
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your weight loss, Lindsay! sounds like you're doing awesome.

I'm also planning on using the half-marathon training from the Marathoning for Mortals.

Good luck on your race next weekend!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #90
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

So today was week 8 weigh in day. I was a little bummed this week. Only lost .2lbs. I do know why....the past few days I over ate a little and didnt focus on drinking the water I needed to. I am back on the bandwagon and hopefully will have a better week next week.

Total Weight Loss for 8 weeks= 16.6lbs

Staring picture 4-26-10

4 week picture 5-24-10

8 week picture 6-22-10.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: