Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #31
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

It was so hot today. 88-90 and very humid. We broke down and turned on the central air...I usually dont do this until 6/1 but sleeping last night was miserable. In fact by 3 am we had me, dh, ds5, and ds3 all in our full size bed. We only have 1 fan so we just directed it on us. I honestly felt like I was in a can of sardines. I couldnt go through that again.

I worked today for some extra bonus pay from 830-145. So I skipped lunch but we had our friends daughters 2nd bday party to go to so I had an early dinner. It was fun hanging out and letting the kids play outside. I was very impressed with my will power. I ate a normal size meal and that was that. No cake. No extra helpings. I was proud!

I am very excited to step on the scale tomorrow for my official 1 week weight in. I cant wait to share the good news!

Today's Food

Breakfast 7
Dinner 20 (this was at the party. Its an estimate)
sausage sand-8
1/2 hamburger 90/10 meat-6
pasta salad w bals vin/oil- 3
Chips and Salsa- 2
sugar free ital ice- 1

total- 27 pts
flex used 1

I only used 4 flex pts all week which is unusual for me. I always have these gone by the 2nd or 3rd day.

TTFN
Old 05-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #32
PrincessMama22
Earning My Ears

Lindsay, I figured out how to log in. I will need your help to get this all figured out. You are inspiring me and I definately want to change my lifestyle and get into shape with you. I have to okay to fully commit to walking, running, and to participate in the 1/2 marathon!!!! All or nothing, right!!! I am so excited for the old me and for Disney(I'm such a little girl, giggling and all when it comes to Disney). Go Girls!!!
PrincessMama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #33
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMama22 View Post
Lindsay, I figured out how to log in. I will need your help to get this all figured out. You are inspiring me and I definately want to change my lifestyle and get into shape with you. I have to okay to fully commit to walking, running, and to participate in the 1/2 marathon!!!! All or nothing, right!!! I am so excited for the old me and for Disney(I'm such a little girl, giggling and all when it comes to Disney). Go Girls!!!
So glad you found your way. You eventually will be addicted to these boards! I am so glad I could inspire you. You definitely deserve time to do your own thing too. Running/Walking is a great outlet! and a trip to disney helps too! Are you interested in joining the team I am on. "The incredibles" its a group of women/men that are running or walking some in disney races and some just their own local races. They have a meet in disney and some people may even buddy up to run together but mainly its another support group to help us along our journey. Let me know if your interested and I can direct you to the right area to join. I am so happy your deciding to do this.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #34
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone I just stepped on the scale for my first weigh in.......................
I am jumping for joy I lost 4.8lbs. I am so thrilled. It defintely keeps me motivated to continue on.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #35
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Ok everyone I just stepped on the scale for my first weigh in.......................
I am jumping for joy I lost 4.8lbs. I am so thrilled. It defintely keeps me motivated to continue on.
Congrats!! Seeing the scale move definitely helps with the motivation.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #36
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! for you!! I lost 2.2 this past week, so not bad!
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #37
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Congratulations!! for you!! I lost 2.2 this past week, so not bad!
way to go Keep up the good work!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #38
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

So after seeing my weight go down this week I am pumped up to continue on. So here I go.......

Food Journal

Breakfast- 4
Lunch- 9
Dinner- 8

I still have 5 points left but I have no idea what to eat because I dont even feel hungry. Is this really mind over matter? Have I finally learned how to eat like a normal person. Instead of completely stuffing my face all the time.

Tomorrow is my run day. W6D1. The difference is running an extra 3 minutes in the middle segment of the run. I was thinking after my rough run outside on saturday maybe I should back up a bit in the program until I can run the program easily. Does anyone have any advice on this. Should I even expect it to get easy by day 3 of the week? When I am on the treadmill I hate to walk but when I am outside it is harder to run. Unsure of how to continue. My plan was to have the c25K finish up with my next race on 5/29.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #39
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Way to go with the weight loss, Lindsay! That is so awesome!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #40
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all you supporters who picked me up when I felt down after my run on saturday. I am proud to report that tonight I moved on to W6D1 and completed it.....while running outside......and it felt great I did 2.1 miles in 29 min. .1 mile more than on sat. in the same time. I also was able to run when supposed to and followed the plan to a T. Even up a pretty good hill and few other moderate/gradual inclines. Not sure why the difference but I FEEL GOOD!

Food Journal:

Breakfast 6
Lunch 8
Dinner-13
Total- 27
Activity-5
Points left 4
Flex used- 0

I am off to find a yummy 4 point snack.

I havent had any bad "eating moments" yet but on friday I will be going out to lunch with my mom and nana...most likely to red lobster. Gonna have to plan this one out good ahead of time. We were suppose to go to NYC for the day but my mom is a lunatic and doesnt want to go know because of the car bomb incident that happened last week. She has me irritated
Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #41
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Its been nutz at work and the weekend can not come soon enough! Although in most cases I would have caved in tonight and stopped in a local fast food drive through I pushed through the lazy feelings and came home and made myself a healthy meal.

My husband plays slow pitch softball so it was just me and the boys tonight. I made a very yummy creation.

8 WW points:

Tortilla BBQ chicken pizza:
1. whole weat tortilla- med size
2. chicken breast cut into small pieces and grilled
3. red onion chopped fine
4. BBQ sauce

bake the tortilla on a cookie sheet at 350 until it looks bubbly.
grill chicken and when cooked through at 2 Tbsp of BBQ sauce mix well
add onion and sautee for a few min.
Top torilla with 1/4 cup of mozzerella cheese and spread chicken topping evenly.

drizzle 2tbsp of BBQ sauce on top.

Bake until well melted.

I wasnt sure how I would like this but it was amazingly good, very filling, and easy and quick to make.

No running for me tonight which is good because I feel very tired, although I can say that I am starting to get that addictive feeling. Today I thought to myself.....aw man Its not my running day yet I cant wait until tomorrow.

Have a good night!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #42
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Today was the first day that I gave into a temptation. Its like on the biggest loser when they have those challenges. We were at ds's tball game and they have a snack stand. My little ds got chicken fingers and then didnt eat 2 of them. I felt bad for them to go to waste so I ate them. then my ds gets done playing and now he wants chicken fingers to take home. He only eats 1 and 1/2 so what do I do I eat the other 1 1/2. So I needed to confess. I didnt use any extra points this week yet so I guess its not a big deal but I dont even know how many points they are? I guess I will estimate 4 per finger they were actually small. Tomorrow is my red lobster luncheon so I have a feeling I may use alot of extra points then too. I guess thats what there for!

I did W6D2 and realized that I misread the plan. last week I did the same thing each day because I swore thats what it said but now I realized there was a difference. So today was 5min warm up walk, run 10min, walk 3min, run 10min. Total of 28 min- I did 2.2 This was indoors on the treadmill.

next run is sat. I hope to be outside and its run 25 min without stopping. This should be interesting.

Food Journal:
Breakfast- 6
Lunch-14
Dinner-22
Total- 42
Activity points 5
Flex used: 11

Have a good night~!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #43
VernRDH
Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mickey Mouse

The flex points are there to use, some people say use them all in the week for better results. I use most, but very rarely all (last week I did use them all)

The chicken fingers, well, see this is where us mommies get in trouble. We feel compelled to finish our kids food if they don't eat it all.

Keep up the good work!!
VernRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #44
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Horrible day with eating. Red Lobster was delicious and I tried to pick a healthier option. I got the wood grilled seafood platter: it consisted of scallops, shrimp, and lobster tail. I only slightly dipped it in butter. I ate the salad with a sm amt of french dressing and 2 biscuits (I couldnt help myself they are so yummy). Ok so after that I estimated my points and figured I used my daily points between breakfast and lunch. I still had 24 flex points so not a big deal.

Well then my kids begged for a happy meal. So I stopped at McD's and broke down and got a double cheeseburger and sm fries. My dh had softball so I used the excuse that I had no one to cook for but myself so I caved. I know I still did not use up my extra points but I was just disappointed in my choices.

Well tomorrow is a new day and I will get back on track. I honestly feel crappy today from eating so much and from the fast food. Thats enough motivation to not make this a habit.

TGIF!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #45
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

The past few days were a little tough to continue to make good eating choices. I think overall I didnt do too bad. Made some good choices and some bad. Definitely ate alot less than I would have normally yesterday with all the yummy mothers day food. I had a great run on saturday. 1st time that I ever ran 20 minutes straight. It felt good. Today is weigh in day so hopefully it will be good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: