Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #16
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

yes I dont think that is too far. I actually am in bethlehem now. We are about 15 minutes from allentown. I really need to update my sig. Ive lived here for like 3 years now.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

first day of the rest of my life.

So today was my official start day of Weight Watchers and C25K. I did pretty good with food choices considering I didnt get to the grocery store until late tonight. My C25K is a 3X per week program so since I ran the 5K yesterday I decided to make my days to run tues, thur, and sat this week. I am going to start in week 5 since I already know I can make it 3 miles. I just want to be able to run more instead of walking and increase my time a little too. I have another 5K race planned on 5/29 which will be the last day of the C25K program. Its a race in the area I work. Small town called Coopersburg. It benefits the make a wish foundation. Its a pretty hilly course and last year I finished 38:35.

Heres what I ate today:

Breakfast: McD's Hashbrown 3pts
Diet Soda 0pts

Snack: 100 cal snack pack 2pts

Lunch: Chicken breast 4oz 4pts
green/red peppers 0
onions 0
1 serv pasta 3pts

Dinner: Ft Long Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Sub- 14pts

Total Points: 26
Flex Points used: 0
Activity points: 0

Not the greatest food but I will get better with my choices as we go. I have most of our meals planned for the next 2 weeks. I always find it easier if I plan ahead.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #18
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Hey, Lindsay! I came over from the Incredibles thread to cheer you on! I know you are going to have a great journey as you work toward the Princess Half. I am a picture person as well, so thanks for including them. Once I have a face in mind, it is so much easier to make connections on the boards.

I look forward to following along with your progress!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #19
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Hey, Lindsay! I came over from the Incredibles thread to cheer you on! I know you are going to have a great journey as you work toward the Princess Half. I am a picture person as well, so thanks for including them. Once I have a face in mind, it is so much easier to make connections on the boards.

I look forward to following along with your progress!
thanks lauren. I am so glad to have all the support. Yes I love to see pics too it does help to really understand who the person is.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I did my W5D1 of the C25K program. It felt great. I did notice my outer shins hurt when I walked but felt better once I would run again. Im not sure what to do about that. Otherwise it went good. I followed the time instead of the mileage and I did 2miles in 27 min. I figured the speed will come later. I ate pretty well today. Although I could tell between dinner time and my kids going to bed I was getting a little bored and felt like snacking. I curtailed my cravings and just had some olives.

My points:

Breakfast 6
Snack 2
Lunch 6
Dinner 12
Snack 3

Total- 29
Activity-4
flex points used- 0
1 point left.......hmm what to eat?

Now tomorrow is back to work. My little guy is feeling better so he will be off to preschool. The Dr I work for is buying lunch. Pizza and salad. I will have to be good!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #21
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Great job Lindsay! Your family is adorable.Lots of journals around here to keep you motivated.

The shin pain will go away as long as you don't go too far too fast.

We have catered lunches at work too, oh it just kills me but the salad sure sounds good doesn't it? Pizza is the worst.Oh all that sodium.

Have a good day,
Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #22
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Lindsay, I had shin pain that started around week 5 as well. I ended up having to take a week off around week 8 to rest them, and I also got some Zensah calf sleeves that I wore when I ran and afterwards for a little while. I am having no problems with my shins at all now. I think it may be something that a lot of new runners have to work through. You can also find lots of strengthening exercises if you google shin splints.

It is so frustrating to really get going and then to start hurting somewhere. I think I am going to have to take a few days off to let my knee rest (the muscle/ligament on inside of my left knee feels very tight). I hope your shins feel better quickly!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #23
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
Great job Lindsay! Your family is adorable.Lots of journals around here to keep you motivated.

The shin pain will go away as long as you don't go too far too fast.

We have catered lunches at work too, oh it just kills me but the salad sure sounds good doesn't it? Pizza is the worst.Oh all that sodium.

Have a good day,
Linda
Hi Linda,
Thanks for the compliments on my family. I am loving all the journals and threads on here. I have not been this motivated in years It is hard when you have a free lunch...you hate to turn it away. It helps with doing Weight Watchers you can still eat not so good items occasionally just as long as you count the points. So thats what I tried to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Lindsay, I had shin pain that started around week 5 as well. I ended up having to take a week off around week 8 to rest them, and I also got some Zensah calf sleeves that I wore when I ran and afterwards for a little while. I am having no problems with my shins at all now. I think it may be something that a lot of new runners have to work through. You can also find lots of strengthening exercises if you google shin splints.

It is so frustrating to really get going and then to start hurting somewhere. I think I am going to have to take a few days off to let my knee rest (the muscle/ligament on inside of my left knee feels very tight). I hope your shins feel better quickly!
Sorry to hear about your knee. I remember when I first started running about 1 1/2 years ago I overdid it and my knee was so sore and swollen I couldnt even walk the next day. So I am trying not to push too hard. I did find that running made it feel better so I think it may be more walking fast on the treadmill thats doing it. When I ran outside on sunday I didnt feel anything. So hopefully like you said I will just have to work through it and it will get better. I use to have shin splints during basketball season in high school and that was the worst....definitely dont want to go through that again. I will try some strength training to see if that helps too. Thanks for the tips.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Overall good day today. I couldnt resist having 2 slices of pizza at lunch. It was resturaunt style pizza and smaller slices. I did have some salad with a sm. amt of oil/bal ving dressing. I only had a small dinner so I think it balanced itself out. Today is my off day with running so I am just going to rest my legs tonight. Eventually in the next week or two I might start doing the wii active in between running but for now I am just starting slowly.

Breakfast 6
Lunch 12
Dinner 7
and 1 pt left for snack.
activity pts 0
flex pts 0

total pts 26
Old 04-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Today was a great day! I am so proud of myself this week. I am eating good and running feels awesome. I have so much more energy and just feel so much better about my self. My run went great. It felt good. I did C25K W5D2- 2miles 25:40 I found that instead of walking I just go to a slower jog and it allows me to catch my breath but keep my shins from hurting. I tried walking at a fast pace and my shins burned like crazy. I am hoping to do my next run outside on saturday but will see what the day holds. Either way I will get it done.

Today's Food pts- I made an awesome veggie pizza tonight. 5pts for a pretty good size slice. yummy!

Breakfast-6
Lunch-7
Dinner-10
still have to eat 7 points tonight.

Activity points-4
Flex points used-0
total points......30
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #26
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Hi Lindsay!

I popped over from you TR to follow along with you! I am right there with you though I have yet to complete a 5k. I am planning on doing the C25k starting Sunday. I hoped to start today but we are having new windows put in and I here hanging out at home working on school.

Have you thought about MyFitnessPal? I LOVE the site. Thanks for being an inspiration!!
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #27
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Hi Lindsay!

I popped over from you TR to follow along with you! I am right there with you though I have yet to complete a 5k. I am planning on doing the C25k starting Sunday. I hoped to start today but we are having new windows put in and I here hanging out at home working on school.

Have you thought about MyFitnessPal? I LOVE the site. Thanks for being an inspiration!!
I am so glad you came over. I am glad I can inspire someone....I have had lots of people on these boards inspire me. I will love to hear how your running goes. Keep me posted. I am here to support you when needed. I did not know about myfitnesspal...I will have to check it out. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #28
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I had a great day today. I was off from work and spent the day with my sons. My oldest had kgarten registration. It was beautiful here today. 80 and sunny!

I had a great day again with my eating. I did use a few extra points since I ate dinner at my Nana's house.

Breakfast- 4
Lunch- 13
Snack- 2
Dinner- 10
Total- 29

flex points used- 3
activity pts 0

Tomorrow is my last day of week 5. I am hoping to do this one outside. Will see how the day goes. I am going to help a friends family who owns a greenhouse tomorrow. They need help getting the place cleaned up and in order for the season.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #29
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

A little bit of a discouraging run for today. I think my expectations are just a little to high right now. I am a perfectionist so this running stuff drives me crazy. I get frustrated when I am too slow or feeling like "im gonna die" during a run. I am very competitive so it kills me to know I am always in the back and not the best. Ok with that being said let me tell you about my run today.

I decided to go outside since it is beautiful out today. It was already 60 some degrees at 730 this morning. I am the one who will be praying for the cooler weather on princess morning. Morning only then it can be warm the rest of the day.

Well I did C25K W5D3. I felt great while running on my treadmill but outside not so much. I was sucking wind and felt like my body was barely moving when I ran. I made it through the first 5 min run and then my next two 5 min session I think I walked about 1/4 to 1/2 of them. I made it to the 2mile mark at 29 minutes. I also didnt realize how much of an incline was around my area. For the most part I was running on an incline the slightest, not a hill by any means but it does make a huge difference than just running flat. I guess I cant expect miracles but it just made me wonder if I will ever be able to do this. I know its my first week of running....maybe I should have started at week one of the C25K.

I think I am definitely going to make saturdays my run outside day for sure. I cant count on the treadmill to totally get me ready for the 1/2.

Well I off to enjoy the beautiful day. Happy Saturday!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #30
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Lindsay, I think running outside is tougher for sure, but it is much more enjoyable once you make the transition. I had the tendency to run faster outside, so I got much more tired. On the treadmill, you know you are keeping your speed steady, and you also don't have wind resistance or ups and downs like you do outside.

Don't worry! Give it a couple of weeks and you will be fine!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: