Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #226
lolakat
DIS Veteran

Congrats on finishing the Princess. Loved the trip report.
lolakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #227
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations! Love the last update and the excitement of crossing the finishline and your pic with phineas and ferb. I wish i had stopped. Oh well, so many reasons to do another disney race. Such an amazing day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Lindsay--loved your race day report. What was it that I was telling you to drink??? I'm sure it was non-alcoholic. I'm so impressed with how many pictures you took!
I made sure I took water or powerade at every station because I didn't want to risk not drinking enough and then not being able to have my margaritas later. I have my priorities.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #228
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Congrats on your great run. It looks like you finished strong and with style! I'm just getting started in week 4 of c25k and your journey is inspiring. I hope to do the princess half one day, and I hope to have as wonderful a run as you did.

Can't wait to read your closing thoughts. Thanks for the great TR, the fabulous pictures, and of course, the inspiration!

Cate
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #229
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Congrats on your great run. It looks like you finished strong and with style! I'm just getting started in week 4 of c25k and your journey is inspiring. I hope to do the princess half one day, and I hope to have as wonderful a run as you did.

Can't wait to read your closing thoughts. Thanks for the great TR, the fabulous pictures, and of course, the inspiration!

Cate
Thanks Cate, I am hoping to finish my final race thoughts and my last day in disney soon! Good luck with your running. You can definitely do anything you put your mind too. Running is alot mental and a little physical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakat View Post
Congrats on finishing the Princess. Loved the trip report.
Thank you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Whoo hoo!! Congratulations! Love the last update and the excitement of crossing the finishline and your pic with phineas and ferb. I wish i had stopped. Oh well, so many reasons to do another disney race. Such an amazing day.

I made sure I took water or powerade at every station because I didn't want to risk not drinking enough and then not being able to have my margaritas later. I have my priorities.
Another disney race is definitely on my list. Not sure when but definitely someday again. I drank at every stop too and thought that was one of the greatest parts of the race. They know how to keep us hydrated.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #230
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

I just read your journal and I loved it. I love all the pictures that you took and I love your journey that got you there. I am hoping to run the 1/2 marathon in January with 2 of my friends but am nervous about the training. Reading your recap/journey was really inspirational to me and makes me think that I am ready. I have a DD who I am nervous to leave at home with DH but I think that doing the marathon would be the experience of a lifetime and such an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing your story. It really was such an inspiration! Congrats on finishing the marathon!!

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #231
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Just read through and I LOVE YOUR PICS!!! I'm so hoping to do the Princess 2012! I've had some doubts lately about my ability to do this since I'm not really a runner, but after reading this post I am back to dedicating myself to the training and I'm going to do this!!! Awesome pics, awesome report, just awesome!!!

Tower of Terror Inaugural 10-Miler I like it HOT HOT HOT 2:10.08

Princess Half Marathon 2012 I DID IT!!! 2:58.06
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #232
Princess 1/2 Hopeful
Earning My Ears

I just read through your journal and loved it! Thank you so much for posting this! I am training for the Princess 1/2 in February, it will be my first 1/2 marathon and I just started running 3 weeks ago! Congrats on finishing and on your weight loss, you are truly an inspiration!

"I will find my way, I can go the distance, I'll be there someday, If I can be strong, I know every mile, Will be worth my while!" ~ Hercules "Go the Distance"

Come check out my journey to the Princess 1/2 Marathon http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737761

Princess 1/2 Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #233
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm so glad we bumped into each other on the Dis...can't wait to read this journal!!! What an accomplishment...a half marathon! Hopefully I will have some time tonight when the kids are quiet

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #234
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
I just read your journal and I loved it. I love all the pictures that you took and I love your journey that got you there. I am hoping to run the 1/2 marathon in January with 2 of my friends but am nervous about the training. Reading your recap/journey was really inspirational to me and makes me think that I am ready. I have a DD who I am nervous to leave at home with DH but I think that doing the marathon would be the experience of a lifetime and such an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing your story. It really was such an inspiration! Congrats on finishing the marathon!!
You will do great. I was very nervous too. The best thing to do is follow the plan as close as you can. if you miss a few runs during the week no biggie just try to get in all your wkend long runs. This will be an experience you will never forget and it is the one time I say its totally worth leaving your child at home. Have fun focusing on you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
Just read through and I LOVE YOUR PICS!!! I'm so hoping to do the Princess 2012! I've had some doubts lately about my ability to do this since I'm not really a runner, but after reading this post I am back to dedicating myself to the training and I'm going to do this!!! Awesome pics, awesome report, just awesome!!!
I was never really a runner either. I was very athletic in high school and we had to do long runs for field hockey. When I was a senior I use to take my group and hide in an apt building complex and then run back. The coach figured it out after awhile and I got put into a group with 2 of the fastest seniors. I almost died. So moral of the story is you can do anything you put your mind too and you will not be alone. There will be hundreds/thousands of other non-runners there to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess 1/2 Hopeful View Post
I just read through your journal and loved it! Thank you so much for posting this! I am training for the Princess 1/2 in February, it will be my first 1/2 marathon and I just started running 3 weeks ago! Congrats on finishing and on your weight loss, you are truly an inspiration!
Thank you so much. I never quite thought I would be the one inspiring people but Im glad I did. I have read so many stories on here that inspired me too. Good luck with your training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi there! I'm so glad we bumped into each other on the Dis...can't wait to read this journal!!! What an accomplishment...a half marathon! Hopefully I will have some time tonight when the kids are quiet
Hello!!!! Thanks for hoping over to my journal. I am really looking forward to reading all about your trip. I love your pics.

I realized I never quite finished up my report. There is not much left but I hate to not complete it so I will try to do that tonight. Thank you all for reading along.

I have not done so well since the princess. I have gained back some weight and have not run as much. Well I did do another half on May 1st but since then I only got out to run twice. It could be partly because it rained from May til June but that is just yet another excuse.

I am happy to say that this week I feel like I have really turned myself around again. I went back and read my journal too. That always seems to help me get inspired. Who knew I would be inspiring myself.

So last fridays weigh in was 196.6 Yes that is 16lbs of weight gain. I will post my weight on Monday when I get back to work to use the scale and I am going to post a picture too. I think keeping up to date on here again will help me.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #235
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I finally finished reading this! Soooooooo wonderful! I love, love, love your report on the Princess Half...unbelievable. Honestly, I had tears in my eyes while I was reading it. I have been very skeptical about being able to finish 13 miles, but I feel more confident now, thanks to your report!

Thanks for being an encourager! I have 8 months to train!

Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #236
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I finally finished reading this! Soooooooo wonderful! I love, love, love your report on the Princess Half...unbelievable. Honestly, I had tears in my eyes while I was reading it. I have been very skeptical about being able to finish 13 miles, but I feel more confident now, thanks to your report!

Thanks for being an encourager! I have 8 months to train!
You can definitely do it but start now. Get your self up to running at least 3 times a week for about 2-3 miles each time to build your endurance up for when you start your official training plan which most are about 12-14 weeks long. I cant remember if you said you started already or not but one way to get going is using the Couch to 5K program. If you need more info or any help let me know and good luck.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #237
Barbaramomof4
Earning My Ears

Just read this whole thread! loved it! You are a great inspiration! My biggest fear is being swept. This will be my first half marathon and I just started doing the couch 2 5K. I a hoping to be able to get into shape in the next 8 months and can't wait until my husband and I go to Disney alone!

First Trip 3-20-10

Next Trip;
Princess Half Marathon Weekend!
Barbaramomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #238
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
You can definitely do it but start now. Get your self up to running at least 3 times a week for about 2-3 miles each time to build your endurance up for when you start your official training plan which most are about 12-14 weeks long. I cant remember if you said you started already or not but one way to get going is using the Couch to 5K program. If you need more info or any help let me know and good luck.
Thanks! I have started the C25K recently, but then went to WDW for 10 days...you can imagine the setback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaramomof4 View Post
Just read this whole thread! loved it! You are a great inspiration! My biggest fear is being swept. This will be my first half marathon and I just started doing the couch 2 5K. I a hoping to be able to get into shape in the next 8 months and can't wait until my husband and I go to Disney alone!
I'm in the same boat. I thought I was in decent shape until I started running! Holy cow! It was pretty sad the first day of the program...I had no idea how out of shape I really was!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #239
Retye81
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I loved your whole thread! You are such an inspiration. I was tearing up looking at your photos. I cannot wait until I can do my first Disney race. I just started running seriously and am going to work my way up to a 1/2 marathon. Seeing your journal is just what I needed. I'm hoping to be able to do the Disneyland 1/2 in 2012. That will be the first race I'll feasibly be able to afford to do so I've got tons of time!
Retye81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #240
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaramomof4 View Post
Thank you so much for your kind words. If you do the training you should have no problem endurance wise to do the race. If you are concerned about your speed and are close to the 16 min mile pace I would make sure you start at the top of the corral that you are placed in. That will give you a little extra time as the sweepers start 16 min after the last person in your corral crosses the start line. I would also say to try and skip the porta potties. Most people can do a half without stopping for the bathroom. I felt like I should stop because you can see all the potties and everyone stopping and it was one of those things like I better stop now just in case these are the last ones on the course. I really could of made it the full race without stopping. Also stopping at the charachters takes more time than you think. I actually completed my 2nd half marathon almost 30 min faster than the princess race and that was without as much preperation and many hills. So if you are close to the 16 min. pace I would skip the photo ops or just do drive by pictures. Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retye81 View Post
I loved your whole thread! You are such an inspiration. I was tearing up looking at your photos. I cannot wait until I can do my first Disney race. I just started running seriously and am going to work my way up to a 1/2 marathon. Seeing your journal is just what I needed. I'm hoping to be able to do the Disneyland 1/2 in 2012. That will be the first race I'll feasibly be able to afford to do so I've got tons of time!
Thank you!!!! Please feel free to continue to follow me along. I often forget to post here since I am always over on the Biggest Loser Challenge Thread but I am going to try to be more diligent. Good luck with all your training. You will be amazed by what your body will do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: