Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #211
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

We turned the corner onto Main Street and it was breathtaking. The castle was in full view.

There were so many people lining the streets cheering us on. I teared up seeing the young kids screaming and cheering and holding signs that said we are proud of you mommy. One guy was holding a sign that said my wife is a princess and I couldnt be more proud. Gosh it all made me so emotional and I didnt even know any of these people. I tried to watch for my mom and aunt but didnt see them. I wondered where the heck they were???? I saw a lady standing off to the side....I believe she was a Team in Training coach waiting for some runners. I asked her if she would mind taking a picture of me with the castle. She didnt seemed thrilled but she did it. Here I am

I made my way into tomorrowland and saw one of the boys favorites...Mr Buzz lightyear!!!!! There was a pretty long line and I was now a women on a mission. I needed to get to the castle.

I also passed these fun characters.

Then I saw the castle and we all cheered as we started to approach it. Now the one thing I really wanted to do was to get my picture with Cinderella and Prince Charming. I saw them by the castle and then saw the line they had. Oh my there were like 40 people in line I am not kidding you. There was no way I was waiting and wasting that much time. So I ran past and grabbed a quick pic.

The trumpeters started to toot their horns and I ran through the castle. Everyone was cheering and I had tears of joy rolling down my cheeks. The moment was cut short when I had to stop because there was a back up coming through the castle. Once I got through it I heard my mom yelling my name.

Let me tell you that Im not sure if this is worth $50 but my mom and aunt were front and center in front of the castle. My mom though it was a great spot to see me and said that the moment she saw me she knew that she would have paid any amount of money to be there. Apparently I must of been smiling ear to ear and glowing with joy.

I got into the line to get my picture in front of the castle. The line moved quickly, I got my pic, ran over to my mom so she could snap a picture of me with her camera, I gave her a high five and said see you at the finish, and I was on my way!!!! I would have loved to share the picture my mom got of me in front of the castle....quite arguably the most important picture of the race but, my mom took the picture without opening the camera lens. She was so emotional and excited I guess she just wasnt thinking. We laugh about now. I just told her its more the reason for me to do this again next year.

After my big moment at the castle I ran into adventureland and made it to mile 6. Im pretty sure this mile took me close to 18 min or so. Its a good thing there are no sweepers in MK.

I then saw some of our favorites that I couldnt pass up.

My boys loved this pic!!!!

We ran into frontierland and I thought to myself that I quick ride on splash mountain would feel so good right about now.

I ran by the train and some very supportive CM's.

Right before we excited MK there were a few character meets set up. I saw our friend Peter but he had a long line.

But these guys didnt so I hoped in.

We exited the park and for a brief moment I had a feeling of sadness that the best part of the race was over. That was until I saw these guys.

Now I have a thing for firemen in uniform....So this got me excited and gave me that boost of energy I was lacking after leaving MK. I was disappointed to hear Kathy aka. mikamah say that she saw these sexy guys dancing. I was jealous.

Shortly after the firefighters I saw this sign. I figured since I was getting into the longer miles I needed to stop and take a picture with the signs. This became a strategy of mine as the race went on. I had to time it just right to find some else running solo stop to take a picture so I could offer to take theres if they would take mine. Really you could tell I was doing this for the experience and definitely not the "race".

I took about 15 minutes or so for this mile too. Not sure why I was going so slow because so many people were walking and I felt like I was going so fast.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #212
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Lindsay--I LOVED the firemen. They were so cute and I just have a thing for firemen--and baseball players! (Mike knows this so it's ok.) I'm enjoying all your pics.
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #213
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Lindsay--I LOVED the firemen. They were so cute and I just have a thing for firemen--and baseball players! (Mike knows this so it's ok.) I'm enjoying all your pics.
yes baseball players are up there on my list too. I think I will get out one more update yet tonight. I am loving reminiscing about the race and looking at all my pics again. It was just so much fun.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #214
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Now we were on the road heading back to epcot which is across the street from the road we ran into MK. I had heard that this is where it can get tough and a bit boring.

Well I didnt think so. I thought there was still plenty of entertainment to keep me going. It was starting to get quite hot but Disney really knows how to keep you hydrated. I made sure to take 2 cups at every station. The powerade/water mixture was really working for me. I also noticed at this point there was a majority of people walking and only a few running. I was doing mostly running at this point with just and occasional minute of walking or stopping for a picture.

This lovely lady had a line so I just took a drive by shot of her.

There was no way I was passing up this one! I waited in a short line here.

The one guy said to me "hello princess and i must say I love your glass slipper". So cute and in character. I loved it.

I never saw these ladies before but the line was pretty long so another fly by pic.

My dad and husband are golfers so I had to stop for this one for them.

and before I knew it I was seeing this.

Apparently I did not have anyone to take my pic at this one. This mile was a little quicker at 14:34.

At this point I started to eat my twizzlers and pretzels that I had brought along in my fitness pouch. It was exactly what I needed to give me a bit of energy. Who needs GU when you have pretzels and twizzlers. Im so not your typical runner.

I got a phone call from my mom saying they may not make it to the finish line because there was a major back up of people getting on the monorail. I told her she still had plenty of time since I just passed mile 8. I figured since I had out my phone I would send a mass text to my employees to let them know I just finished 8 miles and I was feeling fabulous. I joked with them that I would update my facebook status for them during the race just so they could know how I was doing and they thought I was crazy. Im sure my text made some of them giggle but they all responded with some very encouraging words. One of them said. Why are you texting us. RUNNNNNN! Which made me laugh.

I did this while taking a brief walk break along the golf course.

and then I came upon this princess just standing alone so I stopped for a pic with her.

Most of this mile was a bit quiet. There were some princessess really struggling at this point and I yelled out some encouraging words to them. I really felt like I was the only one running at some points which is odd for me because I usually have the feeling in races that I am always the one so far behind. I got to the gas station and these funny men were outside of it.

and then low and behold I made it to Mile 9. I am not sure what my time was since I cant really see the clock in the picture. I am guessing that I was picking up the pace just a bit since my overall pace was 14 something per mile.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #215
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Love the updates, and I'm jealous of your pics with the men at the richard Petty car and even the hess station. But I did get to see the fireman dancing. But now the big question I'll be waiting for is did you have time to get your pic with the princes? Then I'll be really jealous.

You had me filling up describing your run through the castle and seeing your mom. She must have been so proud of you, and what a thrill for her to be able to be there and cheer you on.

It's so cool to relive the race through your report. You did great getting so many pictures.

I love, love, love the pic of you in front of the castle. You look beautiful and so happy.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #216
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

The next mile was a bit boring compared to all the others and it was getting HOT. I did more of my 3:2 intervals again during this mile because I was feeling a bit wiped. I also want to thank the wishers (I have no idea what there names were but regret not stopping to ask) that were handing out pretzels along this mile. I grabbed a few and chomped them down and then was pleased to see the water stop not to long after. That was all I needed and I perked up a bit.

I managed to get my pic with this lovely creature.

I think the fatigue and heat was starting to get to me because I was now posing in the pics. Everyone at home got a kick out of that.

Soon I was seeing this and knew I was getting close to the end.

Yep I was right Epcot straight ahead.........

There was a stretch that had these signs. It started out with healthy statistical information and than came the humerous ones.

I loved these signs and I have to say it really took my mind off of the stiffness and fatigue I was starting to feel in my legs.

and then here I was....MILE 10!

In my training this was the farthest I went. I had worried about this moment for months. Will I be able to do 3 more????????????? I sure was hoping so. I was feeling pretty good and confident but still had that little bit of anxiety looming over my head.

I remember leaving that sign and feeling a bit pumped up. I was going to do it!!!!! I was completing my goal, pushing myself past all my fears and insecurities. I was not only proving to myself but to others that I am still a strong, and motivated women. Just because you have kids and a job doesnt mean that is the only thing that defines you. It is ok to do you and be proud of the woman that you are. I was never more proud of myself than I was on this day.

Im glad I pumped myself up because shortly after that was the dreaded "hill". Now prior to my half marathon training I strategically placed all my walking segments when I would get to any kind of hill, big or small. But once I started my "official" training I forced myself to run up the hills. I think my hard work paid off because this ramp was a piece of cake for me. It may have helped to have this guy yelling to keep running.

Once I got to the top I could see the road that we just ran on. I was amazed at how many people were still behind me. I was also excited because every other race I had done I always would feel like everyone was ahead of me and would worry that no one was behind me. Not today!!!! I felt like a speed demon.

Here was the road I already traveled with lots of princesses following.

and here was the road ahead.

Overall there was just alot of princesses!!!!!!

There was not much at all going on this mile but I was so happy to see this crazy guy.

and even more happy at what was behind him

I am estimating but think at this point I was at 2hrs and 28min.

I honestly was feeling good. So good that even when I stopped to walk because I thought I should.....I only walked for a few seconds and just started running again. I really was just so excited to keep going and see more.

2.1 more miles of left!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #217
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

I'm loving your report! Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather weren't with Sleeping Beauty when I went by. I've never seen them before, so I think it's neat that you got their picture. Can't wait to read about your finish!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #218
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Great update, Lindsay. I am loving all your pics, especially the mile markers and your poses. I got chills when I saw the one from the top of the overpass because I wanted to take the same picture, but when I got there, the road was empty and I could see some official vehicles up the road which must have been where the did the last sweep. It freaked me out a bit and made me move a little faster.

Keep the updates coming!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #219
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Lindsay,

I just fininshing reading your journal - I am now where you were when you started. I started the C25K program about 11 weeks ago and am now into week 3 of my 1/2 marathon training. I have lost 36 pounds since 12/4 and would like to lose about 40 more. I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report - sounds like you had a great time. I am planning on doing the WDW 1/2 in January with my DD and then the Princess in Feb. Thank you for the inspiration - its great to see how far you've come!

I see you are from Bethlehem - I was just there today at Lehigh University -we live right outside of Hershey - have you considered doing the Hershey 1/2 in Ooctober?

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #220
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
I'm loving your report! Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather weren't with Sleeping Beauty when I went by. I've never seen them before, so I think it's neat that you got their picture. Can't wait to read about your finish!
I didnt know there names so thanks for posting them. Im glad I caught their pic too. The line was way to long for me to stop. I guess that is because they are a hard find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Great update, Lindsay. I am loving all your pics, especially the mile markers and your poses. I got chills when I saw the one from the top of the overpass because I wanted to take the same picture, but when I got there, the road was empty and I could see some official vehicles up the road which must have been where the did the last sweep. It freaked me out a bit and made me move a little faster.

Keep the updates coming!!

Thanks Kathy. I checked out your pics breifly today on facebook and you got some great ones too. All the more reason to plan another trip for the princess in the next few years. That way you can take more pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Lindsay,

I just fininshing reading your journal - I am now where you were when you started. I started the C25K program about 11 weeks ago and am now into week 3 of my 1/2 marathon training. I have lost 36 pounds since 12/4 and would like to lose about 40 more. I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report - sounds like you had a great time. I am planning on doing the WDW 1/2 in January with my DD and then the Princess in Feb. Thank you for the inspiration - its great to see how far you've come!

I see you are from Bethlehem - I was just there today at Lehigh University -we live right outside of Hershey - have you considered doing the Hershey 1/2 in Ooctober?
Hi Tammy, I will have to check out your journal too. It sounds like you may even be right where I am now with the weight loss. I would like to loose another 30-35. Good luck with your training. You will love the disney races. It is so magical and entertaining you forgot about how far you are running.

Lehigh is not too far from us. We live about 10-15 min from the campus. We have been to hershey park many times. I have not heard of the half they have there I will need to check it out. Thanks!

More updates to come in the next few days I promise.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #221
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
I have not heard of the half they have there I will need to check it out. Thanks!

http://hersheyhalfmarathon.com/ here's the link - if you consider it, let me know, it would be great to meet up with you!

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #222
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
http://hersheyhalfmarathon.com/ here's the link - if you consider it, let me know, it would be great to meet up with you!
oooh that looks like alot of fun. Not sure if I will get there this year. I may be going to a work conference in Las Vegas that weekend. If that falls through I will definitely be considering the race. My kids would love it too. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #223
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I was feeling so good after I passed the mile 11 marker. I think it sunk in that I can and I am really doing this. I made my way down the road and passed the ESPN area. They had some really great music playing and a motivating lady telling us we are almost there. I turned onto the next road, ran up just a small incline and then I saw this.........

Boy that was a motivating site. I just kept running. No more walking for me. I needed to get to that finish line. I also was really looking forward to seeing two of our favorite guys, Phineus and Ferb. I had read that they were suppose to be on the course. I was hoping that I wouldnt miss them.

As I got closer to the park I passed this all girl rock band. They were singing Lady Gaga's bad romance and I loved it. Although it was great to have them playing on the course I think it would have been even more fun for them to be playing in the tent areas after the race.

Then there was a few characters along the stretch of the road. I cant remember who all was there but I could not pass up this photo op....

It wasnt long before I got to this sign.

then shortly after we were running into epcot. I ran up past spaceship earth and there they were....two of our favorite guys.

the cm rushed to take my picture so I was disappointed that I looked a bit silly in it.

I felt accomplished after that picture and was so excited to tell Ryan I got a chance to meet them. He was going to be thrilled.
The run through epcot was great. It was an out and back from the front of the park to the lagoon and back out the other side. (i think) There were lots of people cheering us on. It was pretty hot at this point and there was no shade but it wasnt stopping me!!!!!

As I ran back from the lagoon and out the CM area I heard the allejuiah's and saw the choir

My eyes welled up with tears. I am almost there I turned the corner and saw this.
I got even more emotional.....

then I turned the next corner and saw the crowd of people and the finish line.

I had no idea how I would even see my mom and aunt but I started to hear my name being yelled out and saw them standing by the fence. My mom's face said it all. She was so proud of me and that made me cry even more. I ran as fast as I could....which in the video looks pretty slow over that finish line and I raise my hands up in the air and said "Yes, I did it". I was never more proud of myself for sticking with something and finishing it to completion than I was today. It was an amazing feeling.

I got my medal and then got some pixie dust and made my way to the end of the fenced area. I stopped and got my professional picture taken by the wall. I still need to purchase those pics. They all got great. As I was leaving my dh called, he had done the runner tracker and knew I had finished. He called to congratulate me and said he was so very proud of me and that got me in tears yet again.

I went through the baggage areas and found my supporters.

and here I am with my bling.

and here are my virtual supporters that I was so honored to meet and now call my real life friends. Lisa, Maria, Me, Rose, and Corina

I grabbed a powerade and an orange and stopped to talk with my wish friends. Rose reminded me to start drinking....I just love her. So thats what I did! I wanted to stay longer to chat but I was beat and really just wanted to sit down and relax for a minute. So I said my goodbyes and we took the short walk to our bus stop. God was on my side this day because the CBR stop was only about 10 steps from the tent I was at and as we approached the bus pulled up and we got on. I realized as I sat down how sore my legs really were.

I was smiling ear to ear all the way back to our resort this was an amazing day!!!!!!

UP NEXT: my overall thoughts on the princess half and my mom and aunts review on the chear squad packages.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #224
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Lindsay--loved your race day report. What was it that I was telling you to drink??? I'm sure it was non-alcoholic. I'm so impressed with how many pictures you took!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #225
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Lindsay--loved your race day report. What was it that I was telling you to drink??? I'm sure it was non-alcoholic. I'm so impressed with how many pictures you took!
I think you noticed my powerade had not been opened and told me I should remember to start drinking. Yes non-alcoholic for the moment. I just thought it was so nice of you to "care" about me. After I got my pictures printed I realized how many I actually took during the race and it cracked me up. No wonder it took me so long to get to the finish. Honestly I loved every minute of it and I wouldnt have done it any differently. Now if I get to do this again I will probably not take as many pics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: