Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #196
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
I feel the same way, Lindsay! The Princess was such an awesome first race, but now I wonder if any other race will ever measure up! My friend who ran with me said that most races are fun, just not THAT fun. She's done 14 half marathons, so I am sure she's right!
Im going to say with that many halfs under her belt that she probably is right. Im sure my next one will be fun too, just in a different way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
So excited to be following along in your report. You are so smart to do this right away, before the details start to fade. I'm craving some fish and chips right now, and I showed michael the ice cream sandwich to make him jealous. He loves them.

I'm sure it was tough to be there without your boys, but I'm so happy for you that you were able to have this special trip with your mom and aunt, and do this for you.
My kids were looking at the pics too and cant wait to get a mickey ice cream sandwich when we go back. Those fish and chips were so good and I dont usually eat fish. Im glad I tried them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrutland View Post
HaHa! Loved your pic of the Fish & Chips...I saw these in Jan 2010 and have been craving them ever since!! I have never had them, but have them on my list to try when we are there in late April...thanks for the pic to keep me going!
sorry to induce more of a craving. You need to definitely get them next trip. They were delicious.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #197
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

The day before the race

We were up nice and early this morning. I got a croissant and a side of bacon to eat from the food court for breakfast. (I know not the right choices but I was on vacation.) We got to the bus stop by 830am and were off to Animal Kingdom.

We made it to AK just in time for rope drop. I think they have such a cute show to open the parks.

It wasnt before long that the ropes dropped and we were on our way. We decided to do the safari first. There was a 20 min wait posted but we basically walked through the que and got on the ride. Here are a few shots I got.

The safari was great. We got to see the baby elephant who was so cute.

Next we were on a mission to face the yeti! Last trip we decided to skip it since there was a long line and we had the boys. So this was my first time riding it.
and the mountain was awaiting me......10 min wait...cant beat it!

I absolutely loved this ride and could not believe I missed going on this last time. It was so fun. My mom and aunt loved it too. I quick made a call home to dh to tell him about it and I assured him that we will do this next time we come.

The final thing on our agenda for AK was to do It's tough to be a bug.

We got right in as the show was starting so we didnt have to wait. I really enjoyed this show this time. Last time my boys completely freaked out during the show and I was consoling them. So this time I was able to enjoy it.

We took a few more pics.

and then we were off to our next destination......Hollywood Studios. It was about 11am and I was really hoping to still get fast passess for TSM.

Would I get lucky enough????????????
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #198
mizzoutiger76
Mouseketeer

Lindsay, wow, you are looking fantastic! WAY TO GO!

You are an inspiration to me b/c we're both around the same weight and I'm really working on trying to train for a half marathon, but I'm only up to 3.50 miles so far. I was really beginning to think that I would never make a half marathon at my weight, but you have given me new hope. I was also beginning to think only super skinny people ran half marathons.

Seriously, you look great! I love the runner's legs, I hope my legs look that good eventually

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the rest of your TR! Oh, and I will definitely be praying for your DH. I hope he gets a job offer soon.

Nicole

mizzoutiger76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #199
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Can't believe I missed your update yesterday. I had bacon a couple mornings before the race too, Lindsay, but I figured with all the sweating I was going to be doing, I'd better make sure I had enough sodium on board. Michael does not like It's tough to be a bug either. We've done it 3 times now, the first time he was pretty much horrified, the second time last year, I didn't remind him he hated it the first time, and we went on and again he hated it. This trip, he and my niece decided they wanted to do it, since it had no wait, and since he was a little nervous, I promised him I'd buy them both another pin if they didn't whine or cry, and again he didn't like it, but no crying. We love Everest too. I'm loving your trip report. Keep it coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoutiger76 View Post
You are an inspiration to me b/c we're both around the same weight and I'm really working on trying to train for a half marathon, but I'm only up to 3.50 miles so far. I was really beginning to think that I would never make a half marathon at my weight, but you have given me new hope. I was also beginning to think only super skinny people ran half marathons.
You can so do it if you set your mind to do it, and put in the training. I'm over 200 pounds, and was able to do it, but Lindsay is my hero, she was able to do it, and have time to wait in character lines during the race. Hope I'm not giving out any spoilers to the trip report. There were many women my size or larger walking or walk running the race. I run/walk, and toward the end of the half more walk than run. You can do it Nicole!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #200
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Nicole- Thank you for your kind words about my legs. I always had muscular legs from playing so many sports and I am so glad I am finally starting to see the muscles again. For years they hid behind layers of fat. As Kathy already said it....you can definitely do this. Usually during local races I feel like people are looking at me and wondering how I am going to run with them since I am bigger. The princess was the first race where I didnt feel that way at all. There were so many women with different types of bodies. Your weight will not hold you back, honestly it may keep you at a slower pace, but still you can and will do it.

Kathy- Thanks for sharing the story about michael and Its tough to be a bug. The poor kid! At least he got a pin out of it.

Ok now to get going on another update!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #201
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Im not sure how I forgot to mention how sore my legs and back were when I woke up on this morning. The walking from the day before really made me sore and tired. I was starting to re-think my plans for the day.

We headed out of AK towards the bus stops and realized that we walked the wrong path. How I have no idea other than my mind was preoccupied thinking about the race and the other two just trusted that I knew where I was going. So we added alot of unneccesary walking. But we finally made our way to the correct bus stop for DHS. Within minutes were hopped on the bus with only one other person. We got pretty lucky with transportation this trip.

We arrived at DHS and it was looking pretty crowded. We headed straight to pixar place to see if we could still get TSM fast passes.

No luck....none left! The wait time was 90 minutes so we decided to skip it.

I was really really getting hungry anyway and by this picture you can tell I must of been dealing with low blood sugar because I was acting a bit goofy.

So we headed over to pizza planet. This was my first time eating here. I would say the little cup of salad they give you is yummy but the pizza was a bit too doughy for me.

I realized that I had alot of firsts this trip. Its amazing how you can go somewhere so many times and still have so much you have yet to do or try.

So after our lunch I headed over to check out wait times for R&R and TOT while the others had another smoke break.

R&R was a 20 min wait and TOT 30. So I grabbed fast passes for TOT and waited for the others so we could get in line for R&R.

While I waited I called home and got an update on how ryans last bball game went. He scored 6 points and played good defense. I was a proud mama and as I talked to him on the phone I once again fought back the tears. I was missing them alot on this day. So while I waited I had myself another treat.

I only had 1/2! I gave the rest to my aunt. She finished it up and we got in line for another first ride of mine!

This was my favorite ride of the trip. I loved it. What an amazing ride!!!!

Once we got off we got in line for TOT and by that point it was only a 5 min wait so we didnt even need our FP.

This was the 2nd time I rode TOT and I am still not sure if I really like it or not. My aunt went on and said she is glad she did it but wont do it again.

We decided to get a spot for the parade and relax our feet a bit. We got a spot right on the curb and watched the actors that they had out to entertain everyone. I had tried to keep my sunglasses on my head so that I wouldnt look like a racoon with the sun I was getting. The policeman kept coming over and yelling at me to put on my glasses. If he saw me with them off he would come back over. It was kind of funny. It really helped passed the time while we waited.

The parade began and I would say it was good although I liked the old one better. I did get a few shots of some of our favorites.

After the parade I told my mom that I wanted to stay at the park for a little and that they could go to the parade at MK for 7 but I was going back to the resort to rest. My legs were feeling a little better but still very sore and tired. I was getting nervous that I was really doing myself in with all this walking. They were fine with that.

First we took a ride on the classic. The great movie ride. This was the first time that we got a really bad and annoying tour guide. From the start I could tell this girl was not a very good actress and she had the most annoying voice. Well of course the ride would get stuck right???? We got stuck in the Tarzan room and between tarzan yelling and swinging and this girl talking I wanted to get out and walk to the exit. She kept saying the same thing over and over again and was yelling at tarzan to stop. It was so awkward. We were stuck for about 20 min. I was so ready to get off that ride.

Next my aunt and mom wanted to do Indian Jones but I noticed AI was also at the same time. So we split up. I havent seen the AI experience yet so I was excited even if I was by myself.

I took some pictures waiting for it to start. This show was awesome. There was one contestant who did so well. She was only 15 and she was amazing.

After the show I walked out and found my mom and aunt. My mom decided that we should still eat dinner together so we went to mama melrose to see if we could get a table.

We were in luck! We got seated within a minute or so. I ordered the chicken parm. It was so good and the spaghetti with it definitely gave me the carbs I would need for the next day.

After dinner we said our goodbyes and they were off. I decided to walk through the shops and I found a few things to take home for the boys. I have to admit the time I spent alone in the park and the evening at the resort was so peaceful. As much as I enjoyed the company of my mom and aunt I think I really just needed sometime to myself.

I went back to the resort and got changed into comfy clothes. I took my book and went to the hot tub. I just soaked my feet and legs while I read my book and It was wonderful. It made me feel extrememly tired so after awhile I got out and went to the FC to see what i could get for the morning.

The grab and go market line was so long and there was barely anything left to buy. I did get a rice krispie treat and a banana. I finally made my way back to the room.

Up next: Getting everything ready for my big day!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #202
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Lindsay! You are looking fantastic!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about the race. Congratulations half-marathoner!!!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #203
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

As I was walking back to my room I saw this balloon in our patio area.

I think someone just left it there but I thought it was symbolic because it was a princess balloon.

Back in my room I hurried to get my clothes together. I fiddled with my new fitness belt for about 20 min. I just couldnt find a comfortable way to wear it over my shirt. I felt like it made my chub pudge out. I finally decided on wearing it under my shirt but along the top of my shorts.

Then I had to decide how to do my ponytail and how I was going to wear my new bondi band. (by the way thanks again rose). That took another 20 minutes.

Here are my items all laid out and ready to go.

I hopped in the shower and read a few more chapters of my book. By then my mom and aunt had returned. They were all giddy and just loved the parade and loved being in the MK. I havent seen my mom this happy and excited about something in years. I really thought this trip was all for me but I think she ignited something that was lost inside her too.
They went outside to sit at the patio and i decided to close my eyes. It was a little after 10pm and I had a big day ahead of me.

UP NEXT: Will I be able to sleep with all the anticipation????
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #204
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

The phone rang at 245am. I was a bit confused listening to stitch. Then I realized it was my big day. Wow it was finally here. I was amazed that I slept so soundly, I dont remember waking up once. I was so happy for that since I usually have a hard time sleeping the night before a big event.

I hopped in the shower mainly just to wet my hair. I got out and got my gear on. I tried to stomach a banana and part of a croissant but only got in a few bites. I felt nauseated trying to eat so early in the morning...that plus the nerves too.

Here I am ready to go at 3am.

I was so excited. We walked out to the bus stop and there were a few other princesses waiting. The bus came within a few minutes. By the time we left CBR the bus was full of anxious princessess ready to run. The excitement was in the air.

We got to epcot quickly and it was still dark out. The ball looked so pretty lit up in the distance. Here I am but you cant see the ball all that well, the picture does not do it justice.

I took a picture of my chearleaders. They both purchased the chear squad package. I told them the reviews said it really isnt necessary but its what they wanted to do. They did the gold package which is $50. I will tell you there thoughts on it as the race report continues.

We followed the crowd of princessess and some princes too.

It was a pretty good hike to get to the area but I started to see the family reunion tents and knew that my BL (Biggest Loser) friends should be there. When I got there I saw Rose and Mike, Lisa, and Kathy and also met Corinna too. It was so nice to know other people there and to have someone to be with while waiting for the race to start.

We got in line for the porta potties which werent too long.

Here we are: a bit blurred sorry!

Shortly after we heard the announcer tell everyone to make there way to the corrals. So I said my good byes to my mom and aunt and I headed on my way with my friends.

Now I remembered everyone saying it is a long walk to the start area but I thought I already did that. Well I was completely wrong. We walked for about 20 min or so to get to the start. There was a huge crowd of people and lots of porta potties with long lines. Kathy, Lisa, and I decided to hop in line about half way to the corrals and Mike and Rose decided to keep moving so we said our goodbyes and wished them luck. The line was long and took a bit but we did our business and carried on. A few minutes later at the next set of potties Kathy and Lisa decided to stop and I said my goodbyes and headed to my corral. I was now by myself and I started to get a bit nervous. I found Corral D pretty easy. I was surprised at how closely they check your bib to be sure you were in the right spot.

I decided to head to the front of the pack and weaved through a bunch of runners. I was about a 1/4 of the way from the beginning of the group so I thought that was good enough. I sat down to stretch my legs and proceeded to untie and retie my shoes a handful of times. I was so nervous I think my OCD was kicking in. I also noticed my stomach was growling. I really should have brought my banana with me. I will make a note of that for next time.

I wasnt waiting long when the fairy godmother came out and gave her magical wish and started the race with a bang of fireworks. I got teary with emotion. The wheelchair racers went first, followed by Corral A. I was so pleased that they did the same thing for every start including the fireworks. That is disney magic.

It was soon time for Corral D. We started moving up and then heard the banging of the fireworks and the roar from the crowd. Oh my gosh I was actually doing this. I was going to run a half marathon. The tears started running down my face but I think I was still smiling ear to ear. I thought to myself here we go, lets rock this thing!!!!! and Im going to enjoy every minute of it.

UP NEXT: Am I enjoying every minute????
Old 03-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #205
SKWDW
Loving the Mouse here in AZ!

Wow Lindsay! Your TR is bringing me right back to the race. Can't wait for your next installment.
Dec 11 Pop MVMCP ~ Oct 11 - POFQ MNSSHP ~ Sep 11 - DLR for Disneyland 1/2 Marathon ~ March 11 - DLR Dis Divas Girls Only ~ Feb/Mar 11 - AsMo Princess 1/2 Marathon ~ Oct/Sep/Aug/June 10 - DLR ~ May 10 - DLR Food & Wine ~ Feb 10 - DLR & APs! ~ Sept 09 - DLR ~ May 09 - CSR ~ March 08 - I fell in love with WDW!! (Off-site...won the trip!) Pre 07 DCA/DLR - Too many to list! 2011 Princess 1/2 Finisher! Can't wait for the 2011 Disneyland 1/2!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn, that sure was fun!
SKWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #206
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

The first mile was very dark and very crowded. There were hundreds of spectators along the road but they were so far from the road it was hard to see. I thought my mom and aunts plans were to see me at the start so I was really trying to run and look for them at the same time. This went on for about a 1/2 mile. Then i realized how slow I was running and started to try to pick up the pace.

The only problem was all the people around me. I tried weaving around people....just what everyone said not to do. I was so preoccupied with everything that this came up pretty quickly.

Of course I was on the opposite side of the road so I had to weave back across to take a picture.

My first mile I think was close to 13 minutes. My sports band seemed just a hair off with the mileage and that got me a bit concerned about my training.

As we got into the second mile I started to find more of a groove and tried to diligently keep my intervals going 3min run/2min walk. This mile was fairly quiet and I mostly entertained myself by giggling at the princesses in tutu's who were squatting and peeing on the side of the road.

There were these cool guys on stilts too. I was tempted to treck across the road again to get a better picture but I resisted.

I think in this mile was our first water station. They provide you with powerade first and then water second. The volunteers are very good at calling out what they have. This race was so organized. I took a cup of powerade and then washed it down with a few sips of water. I looked at my sports band and it was telling me I was only a few tenths away from mile 2. I looked in the distance and I could see the marker. My sports band seemed to be even further off track.

I made it to mile 2

Mile 2 took 12:31 so I think I was going a bit faster.

Shortly after the mile 2 marker I saw the pirate ship and Jack sparrow and his crew but there was a line and I was not about to stop now. I kept going and shortly after seeing the pirates I saw this pretty balloon.

Disney really knows how to keep your mind off of running. I ran by these cool guys.

I couldnt believe the lines that form for the characters. I could not stop now I was still nervous about my time. I was doing well keeping to my intervals and was feeling great. At this point I could here alot of ladies around me encouraging each other to keep running or if they were walking they were gearing up to run more. I was starting to hear alot of whines and groans too. I was inspired by all of the encouragement but also felt proud that I was still feeling so good and was so happy with myself for all the training I put into it. There were lots of girls that I heard say they should have got out running more. ummm yep that would have been a good idea.

I was so excited when I saw this sign.

You can also see the sun was coming up and it was getting brighter out. I was admiring the sunrise in the distance and thinking life was GOOD. Then I saw this.....

Mile 3 this mile took me 13:27 not sure why I went slower but I felt like it was all going so quickly!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #207
mikamah
DIS Veteran

love, love, love your race report. I hope you have this morning free and can get it all up today. Yeah, right, a weekend free.

You're cracking me up with the weaving back and forth and the princesses in their tutu's peeing. So funny.

Can't wait for more.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #208
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Lindsay--enjoying your report! Isn't it frustrating when you think a mile should be coming up and you realize you are off by a bunch! The last couple miles Mike kept saying--did you mean to add distance to this race by running as far to the outside as possible and weaving through traffic!
I think I gave him a VERY dirty look at this point.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #209
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Kathy- Your right once you have kiddos there no longer is such a thing as a free weekend but my boys seem to be taking it easy on me today and they are actually enjoying playing with each other so I may just get up a few more updates.

Rose- All the weaving and running off to get pictures actually added about a mile and half onto my distance. I didnt realize it in the beginning I just thought my sports band was not accurate. I even checked it with mapmyrun at home and it definitely was right on.

So I should be back later to get another update on but wanted to let everyone know my next race is tomorrow. I am doing the St Paddy's Day 5K. It is right before the parade and there is a 45min time limit. I am looking to beat my last official 5K time of 36:30.

This is also my dh's first race. He is excited but nervous. I think he will do fine and most likely beat me too. It annoys me but I am proud of him so that is ok. He is a very competitive guy so I know he wont slow down to run with me. He would be the one racing me to the finish.

I will post about the race tomorrow evening. Thanks again to everyone who is reading along. It is great to re live these memories.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #210
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Ok 3 down and 10.1 to go.....

We started to approach the speedway which I thought was so cool. I didnt realize that was even there. I saw this handsome group of men and couldnt resist stopping. There were a few people in line but show me a group of good looking guys and I will wait. If any of you meet my dh dont mention that to him.

I was pretty sweaty by this point and wasnt quite sure what to do with my hands. I was afraid to touch them. I cracked up when i saw this picture of myself. These guys were so nice and they even called me princess.

After I got my picture I quickly got back to pounding the pavement. It only lasted a few minutes until I saw the water stop and the porta potties. I decided to grab my drinks and hop in a line since it wasnt too long. Now I can say normally I wouldnt have to stop but the fact that as you run all you see is porta potties it makes it hard not too.

I went as fast as I could and started up running again. I made my way to "hawaii" where I saw these two cuties.

No time to stop now..... I loved the way they had this area themed including the music. and it's definitely not hawaii without some hula girls.

The road really got narrow here and it became a bit crowded. I was slowed down quite a bit again. By this point I just kept running and my intervals began to fade away. I think the stopping had me feeling nervous so I felt the need to run. I was feeling good. The road started to widen and open up again and that is when I saw mile 4.

This mile took me 14:30 which isnt bad for stopping for a picture and to use the potty.

We soon arrived to the TTC and had a really great adrenaline boost from these guys.

There were so many supporters around cheering us on. It felt awesome. For some reason I thought we were really close to entering MK so I called my mom and told her I will be on main st in a few minutes.

We weaved around some roads and than I saw the contemporary in the distance.

and the monorail was just coming out as we were approaching. I love this picture.

I realized that I was further out than I thought so I had to call my mom back to say "Just Kidding". I told her I would call her once I was closer. Yes I was making phone calls while I was running. Probably another reason why my time was so slow.

We made our way up one of our first hills. Now let me say to me this was not really a hill. I live in a very hilly area and we have much steaper and longer hills than this. So I was excited to be able to run up it with no problem. Another proud moment. At the start of my training I remember the slightest incline in the road slowed me down.

Disney knows the right thing to do....put a bunch of guys doing tricks on the trampoline at the top. That is enough to get your mind off the hill.

I soon came upon this sign.

Mile 5!!! I have no idea how this mile took me 15:50. I know some of the roads were narrow and cramped but I dont really remember walking much. Maybe it was just all the sight seeing and phone dialing I was doing.

I was getting really excited because now I knew we were getting close to MK because I saw this.

I called my mom and assured her I would be there soon.

Before I knew it we were making the turn into the side entrance of MK.

My heart was pounding with excitement and my eyes were starting to fill with tears. It was the moment I have been anticipating for months.....the main thing I was striving for.....My run up main street and through the castle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: