Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #61
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Do I spy a not-so-hidden MeMom in one of those pictures????

That was sweet of the CM to bring Bella some socks. Brooklynn looks so enthralled with the castle show... I can't wait until I finally get to experience Disney through the eyes of a child!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #62
snowwhite325
Another Tag Dreamer... pinch me, am I sleeping?

It was so nice seeing a picture of you MeMom You and Jill look so much alike!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #63
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

And before I head to bed all the statues in the hub.

We'll be waiting right here tomorrow to "Move It Shake It Celebrate It"

Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #64
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I had no idea they changed out the statues for fall! I love that! So cute! I need to go back and check my pictures and see if they had something special up for Christmas. I don't think they did though.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #65
kschafer
DIS Veteran

WOW...you have arrived, slept, gone for your first morning walk, gone on a few rides, run into a student, had 3 dismeets (complete with a not so hidden MeMom) and gone shopping!!!

This TR is going faster than the real thing

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #66
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Wow how did I not know this started?!

You guys are moving so fast!

So cute seeing Bella's first Mickey waffle

Very cool (I hope) for seeing the kid from school and his family! I love helping people plan trips to WDW, even though they usually think I'm crazy

Love all the Halloween stuff up...I hope one day I'm able to get there for the October festivities!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #67
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love DIS meets. So cool!

Aw, I love the pics of Brookie and Bella watching the show. I cannot wait to watch the little guy's reaction to everything.

Loved seeing you in a pic, MeMom!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #68
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Enjoying this fast paced report!
Great meets, fun pics!
Pointing Bella's head so she doesn't miss a single thing.....
Halloween at Disney, so much fun!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #69
matosfam
Mouseketeer

This jump-started TR is so fabulous!
I have to tell you, this has been such a hectic winter at school that I have not had the time to get very excited about our upcoming trip... BUT NO MORE!
I am actually getting more and more excited about it with every post on this thread! Keep 'em coming!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #70
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you posted on Katie's Facebook because I would have had no idea you guys started! This is moving fast I can't wait for more!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #71
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Page 5... loving the report! I want a fall trip!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:04 AM   #72
DisneyJoo2008
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness - 5 pages already!!!!!

So exciting that your new trip report has started!

What's your next trip - after the July one - by the way?

Julie xxx

Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 AM   #73
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
Joining in! And actually early for me. I'm loving this review already. POFQ is my fav resort, and I love seeing the Halloween decorations, I'll be seeing them for the first time myself in September and I can't wait.

Terri
You will love them in person. Main Street looks so cool dressed up in orange and gold, and the window displays are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I'm here of course!!
We'll see how much we can get in by the time you leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I had to fix supper and take a bath and now you are on page 4. This report has taken off and left me behind. Now I need to go back and read.
What was for supper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great start, French Porter looks very nice. Can;t wait to see the girls in the pool. Love the early am and shopping pics. Jill looked serious in that pic...Yay for a MK day!! I think next year I will try to go in Oct.....
It is a very peaceful atmosphere, and it was immaculately clean everywhere. There wasn't one piece of trash anywhere in the 'streets'. One thing I iked about it as opposed to Pop is that it had a ceiling fan, and I am used to sleeping with a ceiling fan.

You will not regret an October trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
Memom---just remember she might pick your nursing home one day! Thats what I tell my mom....don't make me mad...i'm going to choose your nursing home! She said she is coming to live with me..but I think I will ship her to my brother;s!
I hope to live at home until the end.
I just need a tiny space, as long as it has plenty of windows to open, I'm not high maintenance, and I will help with cooking, childcare, and housework. I hope one of my kids will take me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty's Nonnie View Post
Loving the pictures MeMom. Boy, those girls are cute. They seem so easy to travel with. I know you have a smile on your face all the time...how could you not?

I am really having a hard time picking where we will be staying in October. I thought of staying at POFQ because it's smaller than POP, less people fighting for the buses, Boat to DTD, 2 sinks and frig are all pros. But, not as many choices in the food dept. and no POP jets for Ty also I just learned the the beds are not any bigger than the POP beds and it cost more to stay there.

Ty wiil be the only child in our crew and he will be 18 months old. I just really feel like he will love the Pop jets and the kiddie pool. I don't know.....I'm so torn. What to do??????

Also, we will be in the parks Oct.2 -8 I need advice what day to do what park. I do like rope drop to beat the crowds. Do you guys do EMH? I not sure about EMH. MeMom and Jill or anyone give me advice....please.
The girls do pretty well. Jill has the traveling needs and procedures down to a science. In all of the trips, there have only been two upheavals - one was when Brooklynn had a meltdown with John on an ME bus. Jill and I were sitting in other places, and we pretended not to know them! The other was when Brooklynn got sick on the way home from a trip. Poor baby threw up about four times, and we had to stop and change clothes and clean things off. Other than those two things, everything else has just been minor whining, spills, kid stuff...

We definitely do morning EMH. You can get a day's worth of stuff done by lunh time and go back to the room for lots of swimming and down time.

I will say that the kiddie pool at Pop is the best we have seen so far. It's gradual entry, so they don't have to climb down into it - just walk bak and forth. There is plenty of seating, only one exit, and it is separated from the big pool. If you're weighing heavily on kiddie pools, I'd go with Pop. If you're going on lushness of resort, POFQ has Pop beat, and the boats to DTD are nice, as opposed to buses. You just have to weigh the pros and cons.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:32 AM   #74
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Once again, I blink and you are gone! I don't know how you keep up with your TRs and manage to chime in on others! I'm in awe!

I'm am so excited that you are doing the October trip. I LOVE FALL!!! It is my favorite time of year. The colors are gorgeous, the air is crisp and refreshing, and who doesn't love pumpkins and scarecrows everywhere! I am loving the decorations and that Mickey pumpkin candy bucket is too cute! I can't wait to see all the cute fall stuff in your pictures and I am very happy to see more of French Porter. That is one of the resorts that I would really like to stay at (and one that I might actually have a real chance at one day since it isn't super expensive). I'm really excited about reading this report!

This is but DD had her Snow White kindergarten play tonight and it was the most precious thing ever. I thought about all my DIS friends while I was watching it. DD did a great job and remembered all her lines as the mirror. It was great! I may post a few pictures over on my report if there is anyone still lingering around over there.
I'm with you on fall. It is my favorite time of year. A Tennessee autumn would be one thing I would really miss if I were to move south.

If you get a code, POFQ could be very affordable.

I will check out those pictures today! I know that was a fun evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Do I spy a not-so-hidden MeMom in one of those pictures????

That was sweet of the CM to bring Bella some socks. Brooklynn looks so enthralled with the castle show... I can't wait until I finally get to experience Disney through the eyes of a child!
Once in a blue moon I get in a picture, but I still despise it. I have never taken a good picture in my entire life.

It is fun to watch Brooklynn watch anything. Her facial expressions tell you everything that is going on in the show. She can sing along with the entire thing, too. She also knows every word to the Nemo musical. She's a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite325 View Post
It was so nice seeing a picture of you MeMom You and Jill look so much alike!
She looks exactly like I used to look. Under all this ugly hair and flab, there is a long lost Jill in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I had no idea they changed out the statues for fall! I love that! So cute! I need to go back and check my pictures and see if they had something special up for Christmas. I don't think they did though.
I don't think they are changed for Christmas, but it's neat that they are different for fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
WOW...you have arrived, slept, gone for your first morning walk, gone on a few rides, run into a student, had 3 dismeets (complete with a not so hidden MeMom) and gone shopping!!!

This TR is going faster than the real thing
This will have to be so speedy if we are going to get it in before we leave. No telling what all we might do in tonight's installment.

I will reiterate, I hate pictures of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Wow how did I not know this started?!

You guys are moving so fast!

So cute seeing Bella's first Mickey waffle

Very cool (I hope) for seeing the kid from school and his family! I love helping people plan trips to WDW, even though they usually think I'm crazy

Love all the Halloween stuff up...I hope one day I'm able to get there for the October festivities!
She (the mom) had her notes with her. I thought it was cute.

You would enjoy MNSSHP, Kristen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I love DIS meets. So cool!

Aw, I love the pics of Brookie and Bella watching the show. I cannot wait to watch the little guy's reaction to everything.

Loved seeing you in a pic, MeMom!
You will spend a lot of time watching him instead of the activities around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Enjoying this fast paced report!
Great meets, fun pics!
Pointing Bella's head so she doesn't miss a single thing.....
Halloween at Disney, so much fun!
Brooklynn takes care of her sister, for sure. Often Bella doesn't want to be taken care of, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matosfam View Post
This jump-started TR is so fabulous!
I have to tell you, this has been such a hectic winter at school that I have not had the time to get very excited about our upcoming trip... BUT NO MORE!
I am actually getting more and more excited about it with every post on this thread! Keep 'em coming!
Yay for getting excited!
I do know what you mean, though, about being so busy you don't think about it.
More pictures coming tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I'm so glad you posted on Katie's Facebook because I would have had no idea you guys started! This is moving fast I can't wait for more!
I knew you would enjoy seeing Katie and Patrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Page 5... loving the report! I want a fall trip!
I hope you get one! It's a fun time in Disney World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJoo2008 View Post
Oh goodness - 5 pages already!!!!!

So exciting that your new trip report has started!

What's your next trip - after the July one - by the way?

Julie xxx
The plan is May, July, and October for sure. Depending on what is going on with Trent, possibly Thanksgiving - maybe a different type of trip, doing some other things and fixing dinner at his place? - and then him coming here sometime during December for us to do Christmas. After that, I am looking forward to our friend, Kay, being able to join us for a spring break trip next March.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #75
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Before the parade starts, I just wanted to put in one more of my favorite angles of the Walt and Mickey statue. I think I showed this before, but I just think it is sweet.

Now, let's get our celebrating and shaking going on to start this fine April morning!

Our little dancer girl watches in anticipation.

And, of course, I had to get a close up of....

Ever felt guilty during a Disney parade???

Again, my great girls!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: