Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #1501
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

Me, too. I was beginning to worry that she wouldn't be able to get off. That's why I wish she worked in the school system, because she'd have a lot more holiday time.
It's tough when you have a job where you have to work holidays. I'm extremely lucky since I work for a bank. Marc, on the other hand works as the overnight supervisor on a campus for kids who are in group homes essentially. So he has to work most holidays, then out of the big three (Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) he has to work two of them. It's tough. Really tough.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #1502
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
It's tough when you have a job where you have to work holidays. I'm extremely lucky since I work for a bank. Marc, on the other hand works as the overnight supervisor on a campus for kids who are in group homes essentially. So he has to work most holidays, then out of the big three (Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) he has to work two of them. It's tough. Really tough.
Tough is right. I work in recreation so we are open every holiday except Thanksgiving day and Christmas Day. That is better than my last recreation job where we were open both those days too. We rotate too and I worked Thanksgiving Day weekend and the weekend after Christmas so I should have those off this year.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #1503
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Yay for an October trip! Will you also do an October 2011 trip hopefully? That's when my family is going next and I would love to meet the both of you, MeMom and Jill.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #1504
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you driving or flying?

I'm glad you will be there. tinkgurl is a little shy about first time Dis meets, I think, so both of you together might make her feel more comfortable. Along with the fact that Jackie is way too small to be scary!

I love to watch them interact. Bella is starting to get into Brooklynn's stuff now, when Brook has it out, so it should get pretty crazy now. Brooklynn's personality is full of drama, and Bella is going to be the tormenter. She's going to aggravate Brooklynn just to see her squeal.
We are flying...it would take us about 20 hours to drive down and that's precious time we could be using actually IN WDW.

Tink is definitely the more shy one of us two so I hope that being there she will feel more comfortable meeting Jackie.

I can just imagine the two of them playing together. Brooklynn not really wanting Bella to touch her things but being too nice of a big sister to actually get mad...most of the time

Congrats on making the October trip official!!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #1505
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Yeah for an October trip!! WDW is much better than Dollywood I have to say. I still hope you can swing a trip at the holidays. It is not the same as when it is open completely, but there are a lot of cool holiday things.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #1506
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay, yeay, yeay for an October trip!!! Disney World in October is just wonderful, and much more fun than a Dollywood trip!!!

I had a lovely CM Saturday morning as well -- we had a nice chat about seeing the Main Street Electrical Parade as kids. I will "have" to make another call tomorrow to pay off the trip. I hope whomever I get makes sure to wish me a "magical day." I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when they tell me that.

Hmmm, if Charles and I were to get annual passes this summer, we could do a fall trip...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #1507
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hmmm, if Charles and I were to get annual passes this summer, we could do a fall trip...
If you bought an AP then you could also buy the Tables in Wonderland card which would save you mucho $$ since you are not on the dining plan...just sayin'.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #1508
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
We are flying...it would take us about 20 hours to drive down and that's precious time we could be using actually IN WDW.

Tink is definitely the more shy one of us two so I hope that being there she will feel more comfortable meeting Jackie.

I can just imagine the two of them playing together. Brooklynn not really wanting Bella to touch her things but being too nice of a big sister to actually get mad...most of the time

Congrats on making the October trip official!!
They are pretty funny. Brooklynn will have something in the living room floor and Bella just circles her like a vulture. The second Brooklynn puts it on the floor Bella swoops in, snatches it, and takes off down the hallway. If you could see how Bella walks/runs this would seem even funnier because she leads with her belly. I will try to get video and post it.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #1509
moparop
DIS Veteran

woo hoo! I am thrilled to hear that the Oct trip is officialJ
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #1510
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Hooray for a fall trip!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #1511
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww! It's sooo cute! And the pandas are adorable!

I love all the big kitties Our zoo doesn't have many. They only have cheetahs and snow leopards, but there's a zoo about 30-45 minutes away that has lions and tigers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
We need this sign for my dad

A banana for the October trip!

MeMom are you done with school now? I'm down to 10 days of classes and 3 days of exams

I got to see my buddy yesterday! I've discovered that in Kazin's world, every animal is a dog. Sometimes he'll point at a cat and say "kitty" but usually he says "Doggy!" He has a little picture book of rainforest animals and when we were looking at it and I pointed to a frog and said "Kazin what's that?" "Doggy!" A picture of a bird..."Kazin what's that?" "Doggy!" If you want to see some current pictures of him, I just put some really cute ones on facebook!

Next: May 2014, Wilderness Lodge!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #1512
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Yay, so glad you get to go in the Fall. That is wonderful news!

I am with you, I would much rather go to Disney any day. I like Pigeon Forge but there is no place like Disney home for me!

Look forward to hearing all about it! When are you going this summer? We will be there July 2-11.

Erika

Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #1513
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

You know me too well, MeMom and Kristen. I try not to be too shy!

That's awesome your October trip is official! I'm jealous you get to go so many times!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #1514
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That will be fun. What would be your perfect job and in which park?
I'd like to work in Animal Kingdom back at Conservation Station, I think.
Well I'm hoping for the Studios cause that will help out with carpooling with my dad til i get my own car again. I do know that I want to be in Merchandise though.

Oh and if you don't see me posting for a few days its cause we're moving tommorrow and the earliest they can come and connect our internet at the new place is the 11th?! Then I leave on my own on the 23rd. I hope I can come back before then though. I really don't like moving so much.
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #1515
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
It is great at Christmas! It is kind of over the top with lights,
I like over the top.....the more the better

Quote:
I hope everything works out for you to go. It will be special for your mom to be able to go on Will's first trip, because it will be special for her to watch you watch him. Does that make sense?
Yep! B/c it has been a lot of fun watching her watch him.....she's been SO cute with him!!

Quote:
we just booked Pop Century for October 15th through 19th!
AWESOME!!

There is a small possibility that mom and I might be there that weekend too. I just don't know about getting off work....again....Juice Plus is having their conference at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando now, was supposed to be here , but that could mean some more time at the World! Mom's already talking about buying a season pass for this year
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: