Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by famsen View Post
On the bottom of the confirmation email Undercover Tourist put a tracking number. They sent the tickets with delivery confirmation. According to the post office website, they show it was delivered to my address Saturday.
They weren't. Undercover Tourist told me it was sent in a 6X9 manilla envelope. If it was a plain white envelope, maybe I could see me missing it but NOT a 6X9 inch golden envelope. It never got here.

UPDATE: I spoke with Undercover Tourist this morning and while they were very nice, there is only one thing they can do: give me a faxed copy of the tickets they sent then when I get down to WDW I have to go to Disney Customer Relations at one of the parks and tell them the tickets are lost and DISNEY will have to re-issue the tickets.
I was really hoping for the solution to be that they could just deactivate the missing tickets and issue me new ones before we left.
I purposely ordered tickets beforehand to avoid having to stand in any ticket lines and just have everything in our hands when we leave on our flight and be able to go right into the parks. This is just another hassle, I wanted to avoid because my life is nothing stress and aggrevation to the extreme right now.
Ahhh...good to know. Thanks for the explanation. Hold onto that fax so you can get replacements if needed. I would wait a few more days before really panicking. I know our post office has no idea what is going on inside it's own building...drives me nuts.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by famsen View Post
On the bottom of the confirmation email Undercover Tourist put a tracking number. They sent the tickets with delivery confirmation. According to the post office website, they show it was delivered to my address Saturday.
They weren't. Undercover Tourist told me it was sent in a 6X9 manilla envelope. If it was a plain white envelope, maybe I could see me missing it but NOT a 6X9 inch golden envelope. It never got here.

UPDATE: I spoke with Undercover Tourist this morning and while they were very nice, there is only one thing they can do: give me a faxed copy of the tickets they sent then when I get down to WDW I have to go to Disney Customer Relations at one of the parks and tell them the tickets are lost and DISNEY will have to re-issue the tickets.
I was really hoping for the solution to be that they could just deactivate the missing tickets and issue me new ones before we left.
I purposely ordered tickets beforehand to avoid having to stand in any ticket lines and just have everything in our hands when we leave on our flight and be able to go right into the parks. This is just another hassle, I wanted to avoid because my life is nothing stress and aggrevation to the extreme right now.
I do agree they may still show up but on the other hand I don't the solution is really very good. If the tickets were misdelievered and opened by someone; they could very well sell the tickets or use the tickets before you have a chance to report them missing to Disney. I will say stuff like this doesn't really panic me but it doesn't seem like you are assured getting the tickets you ordered and paid for in this case.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #18
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I wouldn't rule out them being delivered just yet. The postal service claimed that something was delivered to me once and it didn't arrive until a week later.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #19
famsen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I do agree they may still show up but on the other hand I don't the solution is really very good. If the tickets were misdelievered and opened by someone; they could very well sell the tickets or use the tickets before you have a chance to report them missing to Disney. I will say stuff like this doesn't really panic me but it doesn't seem like you are assured getting the tickets you ordered and paid for in this case.

Liz
That's what I am afraid of; to get down to Disney, show them the fax printout of the lost tickets and have them tell me that they have already been used!
I don't find the solution that Undercover Tourist has come up with to be very reassuring. They promised to call me later to see if they find anything but I am going to ask them why they can't have the tickets they originally sent reported missing and deactivated and resend brand new ones. I will even pay for the FedEx to do that even though it negates any savings I got from purchasing through them in the first place.

'93:Disney Inn '94:Dixie Landings '95Wilderness Lodge '97:Contemporary '98: CBR '01:Contemporary:'06:POFQ
'07:SSR '08: May:Pop Century; AKV First Trip as DVC Members Sept:AKV
5/09:AKV Jambo & AKV Kidani 9/09:AKV Kidani 12/09:Girls Only SSR 4/10:WL(Shuttle Discovery Launch) 5/10:BWV 9/10:AKL 9/11: BWV/AKL 9/12: AKL
famsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #20
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I know you're stressed out but don't worry about having to wait in long ticket lines once you get there & need to go to the ticket window/will call/guest relations to get this straightened out. I had to go to the window this last trip & there was NO ONE there ahead of me, and 4 windows open (at MK). So cross that worry off your list! I was in & out in under 5 minutes. I went around 10am if that makes a difference, I guess right at opening it could be a different story with lines at the ticket windows.

I think too, that your tickets might show up today. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
UnderCoverTourist
Mouseketeer

Everything Will be OK!

Hi there, our customer service is contacting you via email as I write this.

There are several steps we go through regarding security procedures in these instances. We will be offering you a solution that you will be happy with.

We do not publicly disclose all the procedures due to security issues, but we do guarantee your admission into the parks. We send out 100's of thousands of tickets each year and every customer has gained admittance into the parks. Even if our solutions sound strange at first, there are good reasons for the procedures we follow, and what we can publicly disclose and what we cannot.

Thank you for your understanding.

Undercover Tourist
UnderCoverTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderCoverTourist View Post

There are several steps we go through regarding security procedures in these instances. We will be offering you a solution that you will be happy with.

We do not publicly disclose all the procedures due to security issues, but we do guarantee your admission into the parks. We send out 100's of thousands of tickets each year and every customer has gained admittance into the parks. Even if our solutions sound strange at first, there are good reasons for the procedures we follow, and what we can publicly disclose and what we cannot.

Undercover Tourist
Now, that's service!
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
MouseloverJD
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Undercover Tourist
I found this reassuring. Hope you do too. I have used UT in the past and have never had an issue with my tickets. They do come in a plain envelope and is often mistaken for something else. Last December I ordered tickets for myself and my mother. I asked my mom if the tickets came, since she usually gets the mail, and she told me no. When I got home and checked, they were was there. She just couldn't tell from the mailing. Keeping fingers crossed that everything works out.
2010 - WDW, Pop
2011 (May) - WDW, ASMu

2011 (Dec) - WDW, Pop
2012 (May & Oct & Dec) - WDW, CBR, Pop, AKL
2013 (May & Dec) - WDW, Pop (2x)
MouseloverJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #24
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

Hey- I sent you a PM..but I wanted to let you know the exact thing happened to me earlier this year. I ordered tickets from UCT and the post office gave them to the wrong person . So of course, they showed "delivered" on the tracking information but I had no tickets

UCT was super helpful, and in my PM I described how they helped, but I wanted to rest your mind (and the readers' minds) that UCT will go above and beyond to ensure that you are taken care of. They certainly did in my situation, and trust me I was FREAKING out

You may want to call the post office, too. They may be able to tell what happened to your tickets, who it was delivered to, etc.

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:

Undercover Tourist

And THAT is why we always order tickets through Undercover Tourist. Best customer service anywhere!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #26
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

I'm a UCT believer, too. You will be okay. I had a different problem with a ticket I ordered earlier this year. I mistakenly transposed numbers in my street address for my order and didn't notice that on my confirmation. I went to look at the delivery status after about a week and found that the post office returned the package because of an invalid address. I guess it was to be delivered on a day when my regular carrier was off -- he would have known we were at 974, not 947. Anyway, I contacted UCT via e-mail and explained my stupid error. They confirmed that the package was returned to them and they sent out a new package. I got the ticket within a couple of days.

I've ordered from UCT several times and always recommend them to friends and family.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #27
hugApug
The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e. cummings

How did this turn out? I'm going through the same thing right now and freaking out. :-(

hugApug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #28
Disneycouple99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugApug View Post
How did this turn out? I'm going through the same thing right now and freaking out. :-(
Famsen answered in your thread.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #29
sdmom
Disney on the brain

regular mail - seriously?

Hope it works out ok for OP.

I was thinking of using UT for the 4 - six day parkhoppers for our trip in August, but after reading that they are sent out by USPS, (with no receipt requested), I'll probably just buy them through Disney.

Too much $ for that kind of risk.
sdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #30
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
Hope it works out ok for OP.

I was thinking of using UT for the 4 - six day parkhoppers for our trip in August, but after reading that they are sent out by USPS, (with no receipt requested), I'll probably just buy them through Disney.

Too much $ for that kind of risk.
There is really no risk to you as a buyer. Undercover Tourist guarantees your admission to the parks.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: