Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Smile After 5 years of procrastinating we finally cruise on the Wonder!

We finally made it on our first cruise on the Wonder Aug. 29-Sept. 2nd. We had a wonderful time. I was afraid the cabin would be too small, but only booked cat. 12 thru AAA. Got upgraded to cat. 9 with a big window midship. It was great. The cabin was quiet no complaints, lots of storage and slept good each night. The Disney Wonder exceeded my expectations!

DH and I were celebrating our 29th Anniversary and his 47th Birthday. We started our cruise with a 4 hour couples choice at the spa in the private rooms. This was well worth the money to get us relaxed for the trip.

The sea was a bit rough the first night but we didn't get sick; it was quite interesting trying to walk at times. The food was great in each of the restaurants can't seem to pick a favorite yet. Of all the people on the ship to be seated next to was another DISboards member Dizneeat! We enjoyed talking to her and her brother. We enjoyed brunch at Palo's where I forgot to have my DH wear slacks and he was sent back to change. It was worth the trouble the buffet was awesome. The bbq lunch on Castaway Cay was great, and Quite Cove beach was very relaxing.

We took the Sea and See excursion at Nassau, was just ok. Not sure what we would do if we went back to the same port, because we were not interested in the shopping part. During the day at sea we enjoyed lounging on deck 4 under the lifeboards with a cool breeze blowing and the priceless view.

Four days just wasn't quite long enough for us, but it was a wonderful start! We are definitely hooked.

Last edited by Teri1; 09-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Teri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Sounds great, thanks for your review

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Teri!

I found your trip report . It brought back a lot of happy memories especially how much fun it was to meet you and your husband on board the wonderful Disney Wonder. (Yes, after some time that cruise lingo sticks! )
Glad you are considering another Disney cruise - and there is LOADS to do on board if you don't want to "tour" Nassau in your favourite "bus" again!

Your next trip to WDW is coming up soon and I REALLY hope you'll do a trip (maybe pre-trip)report too!

Karin
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your replies.

And Karin, you are so right that the Disney Wonder is just that, wonderful. Since we have been back, when people ask me how our cruise was, all I can say is wonderful. They sure did name her right!! We hope to fit time in to cruise on the Dream next year, although we certainly did not see and do eveything the Wonder had to offer. We have our travel agent looking into it for us.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Poohbear60
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the trip report! We're going on the Wonder 4 night Oct 24th, and we have never cruised before, so your info was very helpful! We're thinking of going over to Atlantis when in Nassau-I've read so much about Nassau being the worst port-guess we'll have to wait and see! I didn't know Palo had a brunch! Our trip is for our 30th anniversary!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Hi Neighbor from the North!

Poohbear you will love Palo's brunch, the waiter will take you on a tour of all the food on the buffet before you start. They have a lot of seafood and that is my favorite. The deserts were my favorite on the trip. The view from the restaurant is wonderful too. Although we did not go to dinner at Palo's, Dizneeat and her brother told us how great it was and that we should have tried it. One couple we met ate dinner at Palo's every night. We definitely will try dinner on our next cruise as well as brunch. Have a great time on your cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: