Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Today we have 33 days left and things are coming together. Husband finally got approval for our dates, all of our ressies have been made except for PPH which I will call soon once I finalize our schedule a bit more.

We are eating brunches/lunches at Ariel's Grotto, Goofy's Kitchen, Carnation Cafe (Gotta try the Potato Soup), and Cafe Orlean's (Pomme Frites, Mickey Beignets and Gumbo). I'm looking at the Traubador Tavern and White Water snacks for counter serve. Other than that I'm not sure we'll offset some of the meals by eating the free Breakfast and some free dinners (Mon-Thurs) at the hotel. We are driving so we'll bring some groceries with us and Target is across the street. Monday and Tuesday we'll avoid the parks so I figure Sunday would be a good day to make it as close to park closing time as possible.

I am torn as to whether or not to try for WOC but have seen pictures of Fantasmic other than the dragon so now I am dying to see it. Ridemax hasn't updated yet and I am thinking the DCA closing time will change to 6pm since it is a Grad night.

I am really getting excited but fear the crowds are gonna be huge. Strategy is go early, collect fast passes, take a mid-day break, and return in the evening.

I had a Snow White figurine that I got from WDW when I was like 7 years old that disappeared so I am hoping to replace her this trip. I think what I really liked about Snow White is how kind she was to the Dwarves. Stretching to reach 5 ft (on my tippy toes ) I can relate to the vertically challenged little guys not to mention Dopey... Ya just gotta love him. It seems like my favorite characters are the little guys with the big hearts.

Packing, unpacking, matching, unmatching and changing outfits that I want to pack for the chicklets seems to be my strategy. Oh yeah, Thanks to the Mom who gave the water bottle holder/carrying straps idea/link! They came out perfect! Made 6 for us and a matching one for my bugaboo's new Build-a-bear Snow White. Drama Queen suggested they'd make good pin displays for pin trading.

We have 6 (almost) full days in the parks so I am planning the first 2-3 hours, and prospective days to see the shows, meet Tianna, I'm a huge Miss Piggy and Beaker fan so Muppets is a must. (Sorry for the rambling just trying to remember things as I go so i can continue to add them to "The book".) Oh yeah some of the stuff I thought I had lost in the old computer I had printed out and saved in a file so I didn't lose as much as I thought I had. Oh I have to go look for Mspinups scavenger hunt thread. I have been playing ABC character's and rides with the kids and it has them entertained so it will be a good waiting in line game. License plate game is another good one and I found a couple of Mad Libs to play in the van. DH won a digital camera at work so we are all set there.

If time could just go a little bit faster all would be great! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas .
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I am looking seriously at Troubador Tavern myself. I so want to try a broccoli and cheese potato.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am looking seriously at Troubador Tavern myself. I so want to try a broccoli and cheese potato.
That is what I was looking at for myself. I am trying to get caught up with reading trip reports, I have a lot to go back and read, but at least i have time now.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
That is what I was looking at for myself. I am trying to get caught up with reading trip reports, I have a lot to go back and read, but at least i have time now.
I also am craving the bacon wrapped asparagus.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also am craving the bacon wrapped asparagus.
Is that from Bengal Barbeque? It sounds really good! I can't stay signed in for some reason.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #21
Karenann*
Wishing upon a Star...

Hey and Hi!
We're staying at Homewood in July and have heard great things from a large family we know here.It sounds like lots of your details have been nailed down and they sound great. We will be trying Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans both for the first time, lots of yummies to try! Thanks for the reminder of glowsticks. What do you take flashlights for? Looking forward to more of your planning and especially how is the Homewood!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #22
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Is that from Bengal Barbeque? It sounds really good! I can't stay signed in for some reason.
Yeah it is the Bengal Barbecue. My favorite food.

That's odd that you couldn't stay logged on. I wonder why.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenann* View Post
Hey and Hi!
We're staying at Homewood in July and have heard great things from a large family we know here.It sounds like lots of your details have been nailed down and they sound great. We will be trying Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans both for the first time, lots of yummies to try! Thanks for the reminder of glowsticks. What do you take flashlights for? Looking forward to more of your planning and especially how is the Homewood!!!
and Karenann*

I have not been to DLR since the 80's so this is my first trip as an adult (some 20 almost 30 years later ). I really can't tell you much about the Homewood however KylieH has a trip report further down and tells about her experiences and about the hotel's transportation and ART to Disneyland. I will let you know what I think upon my return or maybe I'll have time to do some live reports since we'll be bringing our computer. As far as the flashlights go, my two youngest DD do not like the dark so it eases their fear and gives them the power to control their light at night. They will not be allowed to use them on the rides though. As long as
there is some light and Mom and Dad are around they'll be okay on rides.

If you go to Homewood Suites website you can see pictures from their breakfast buffet, the swimming pool, and the kitchens.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #24
mamaso
Mouseketeer

Sound like a wonderful time is in store for all of you! Have a great trip!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #25
kaoden39
Hugs

Homewood is owned by Hilton so you can expect it to be pretty good I am sure.

You are in for a shock if it has been that long since you have been to Disneyland. The whole area around the park has changed.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #26
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Homewood is owned by Hilton so you can expect it to be pretty good I am sure.

You are in for a shock if it has been that long since you have been to Disneyland. The whole area around the park has changed.
I have only been to Disneyland once when my Dad was living in California. I was about 11/12 years old. To be honest I don't really remember the trip all that much and I have to say I feel like I am going for the first time. My parents were not into Disney at all but I adore the characters, the magic and the entire concept that Walt Disney was trying to achieve with "The Happiest Place on Earth!" I love art, animation and I have to say I am all for dreaming and making dreams come true! Steamboat Willie is still one of my all time favorite cartoons. It is awesome for it's time and so creative!

The trip is a long time coming and to be honest is very much needed at this point. We are in desperate need to just put the "real world" behind us for a little while, reconnect as a family and celebrate the good things that life has to offer.

Our first day is strictly taking it slow, soaking up the atmosphere, smelling the roses and of course a late lunch/early dinner at Carnation Cafe. Depending on how people are feeling we'll go back to the hotel, unpack, go for a swim and get to bed early knowing where the rides are in FL so we can go straight away on Sunday for our MM. We'll rest in the afternoon and then try to catch either fantasmic, WOC or Fireworks that night. Monday and Tuesday we'll avoid the Parks to avoid the chaos. We'll go sight seeing, maybe visit with DH family who lives in Santa Ana, have a picnic at the beach or sleep late and enjoy the pool. Wednesday through Thursday we have our Ressies and I'm just kind of planning the first 2-3 hours for rides and then the rest of the day I have ideas for shows, parades, etc. depending on what everyone wants to do after Saturday and Sunday when we visit for the first days or what I am calling our orientation to the park days to get a feel for the rest of the week. So I will be planning to have a plan if that makes any sense.

I have surprises for the kids and will include them in my TR but Drama Queen is on the boards so I don't want to say too much !
Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #27
kaoden39
Hugs

I am all for a lazy trip myself. I normally plan the character meals and all that and I stress my family terribly. Last trip I reservations to eat at the Carnation it was my one and only place I cared about eating at. I got so sick on the way down we ended up sending my niece and our kids to eat without us. I think that was the last time I will ever make the PS.

I love the idea of surprises for the kids. I did autographed pictures for them and my mom last trip because we stayed at the DLH. I also had a special basket brought to my mom's room for her 70 birthday.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #28
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Time is really starting to fly now. Things I am wondering about. The WOC is holding up the works because I am waiting to see how they are planning to run the show and how it will affect the crowds in the park(s). With GRR FP being used for WOC does that mean huge lines for the ride? Is TSMM going to become a bigger pull with the updates for Toy Story 3? Are they going to offer set times for PFF coronation ceremony? Is Sword and the Stone Show coming back?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Time is really starting to fly now. Things I am wondering about. The WOC is holding up the works because I am waiting to see how they are planning to run the show and how it will affect the crowds in the park(s). With GRR FP being used for WOC does that mean huge lines for the ride? Is TSMM going to become a bigger pull with the updates for Toy Story 3? Are they going to offer set times for PFF coronation ceremony? Is Sword and the Stone Show coming back?
I didn't know they stopped the Sword in the Stone show was no longer on.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #30
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't know they stopped the Sword in the Stone show was no longer on.
I saw a thread on it not too long ago... one where they were talking about the shows and I remember someone saying it hadn't been going on. Someone said it only was happening in the Summer or at busy times? I wonder if anyone saw it over Spring Break?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: