Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #1441
WDW Lover
Mouseketeer

Talking Drinks at AKL specifically?

I have a group of 13 people coming in to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me specifically if the station for the refillable mugs there has Powerade? Not, yes, we were at All-Stars and they had Powerade, but specific to Animal Kingdom Lodge's Mara, please... all resorts vary
Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #1442
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Lover View Post
I have a group of 13 people coming in to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me specifically if the station for the refillable mugs there has Powerade? Not, yes, we were at All-Stars and they had Powerade, but specific to Animal Kingdom Lodge's Mara, please... all resorts vary
You might want to search for the AKL FAQ thread. I'm sure you will find the info there. If I find it first, I will come back and post it here.

ETA: Here is the AKL thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43909276

I could not easily find the answer to your question there, but you might try asking your question on that thread. Good luck!

Last edited by smitch425; 09-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #1443
WDW Lover
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down That thread is closed

I can't ask the question there as the thread is closed. Maybe because it is 250 pages long?

Anyway, I have done the search here on the Boards and read through all of them... can't find the answer. I am just hoping someone was just there and wants to report on their refillable mug.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #1444
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Here's the link for the current AKL thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2961001
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #1445
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Lover View Post
I can't ask the question there as the thread is closed. Maybe because it is 250 pages long?

Anyway, I have done the search here on the Boards and read through all of them... can't find the answer. I am just hoping someone was just there and wants to report on their refillable mug.
Sorry about that. I didn't notice it was closed. They should really change the name of the new thread so people can find it. I googled Animal Kingdom Lodge mug station and clicked images and it appears that Mara had Powerade at least in 2009 and 2010. Powerade is a pretty standard Coke product, so I think they will have it.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #1446
WDW Lover
Mouseketeer

Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Sorry about that. I didn't notice it was closed. They should really change the name of the new thread so people can find it. I googled Animal Kingdom Lodge mug station and clicked images and it appears that Mara had Powerade at least in 2009 and 2010. Powerade is a pretty standard Coke product, so I think they will have it.
I am pretty sure they had it at the store in the Kidani Village last time I was there, but I am not sure about over in Jambo House in Mara. Sometimes the places have the Minutemaid lemonade instead of Powerade though... no guarantee it's there unless someone can verify.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #1447
tigger_mommy
Bunny slippers should be mandatory in life!

I wish they had Halloween mugs this time of year.

tigger_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #1448
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
Were staying at A of A and I'm wondering what cup colors they are offering there?? What colors are at POP as we could just walk the bridge to get those if they have something different....

Were a group of 25 so were looking to get as much variety as possible.
I believe they have to be used at the resort they are purchased at, so if you bought them at different resorts, you'd have to go there to use them? Of course, they are the same at each resort now, so it doesn't make a difference, but if they were different designs, then it would do you no good to get varied ones.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #1449
smidgy
dimples

well, they are the same design, so it doesn't matter. and now that the mugs are also tied in with the dining plan, it would be an easy scenario to imagine someone redeeming their mug at a dif. resort than where they are staying.

we recently stayed at pop and walked over to eat at AOA Landscape food court to use CS credits. we could easily have gone over their on our first night to eat, and redeemed the mug credit there, and used it there. I even asked. showed my room card from pop and asked if I could have used it to redeem my mug, and they said no problem. it will just take the credit off the card, same as the CS credits.

as it says in the stickey, the "length of stay" is really the salient point when it comes to the mugs.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #1450
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
well, they are the same design, so it doesn't matter. and now that the mugs are also tied in with the dining plan, it would be an easy scenario to imagine someone redeeming their mug at a dif. resort than where they are staying.

we recently stayed at pop and walked over to eat at AOA Landscape food court to use CS credits. we could easily have gone over their on our first night to eat, and redeemed the mug credit there, and used it there. I even asked. showed my room card from pop and asked if I could have used it to redeem my mug, and they said no problem. it will just take the credit off the card, same as the CS credits.

as it says in the stickey, the "length of stay" is really the salient point when it comes to the mugs.
This is an interestng point.
This past March, we had a split stay, both with DDP: one day, and one week. So we qualified for two sets of mugs.
mickeyluv'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #1451
vleeth
I heart Disney

Could someone with a mug measure the outward facing side of the handle for me? I want to make decals with our names to put on the handles, but this will be our first time getting the mugs, so I don't know how big to make the stickers.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #1452
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Could someone with a mug measure the outward facing side of the handle for me? I want to make decals with our names to put on the handles, but this will be our first time getting the mugs, so I don't know how big to make the stickers.
I can provide a precise measure later today...don't have a mug with me at the moment. But my estimate is the outer smooth edge of the handle is going to be less than half an inch.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #1453
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Just measured and it is 5/8". I would make the stickers 1/2" in size, but you may want to rethink where you are putting them. Once they get wet, they will fall off. I would just use a Sharpie.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #1454
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I can provide a precise measure later today...don't have a mug with me at the moment. But my estimate is the outer smooth edge of the handle is going to be less than half an inch.
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Just measured and it is 5/8". I would make the stickers 1/2" in size, but you may want to rethink where you are putting them. Once they get wet, they will fall off. I would just use a Sharpie.
Thank you!!! I have a sign shop and the vinyl we use sticks well to plastic and doesn't fall off unless you peel it or scrub it off.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #1455
monkeyjuce
When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change!

I have 5 people in my family and we are going to be on the DDP so...5 mugs.
It looks like they only have 3 diffent color lids/handles. I am afraid of the whose mug is who's debate. I unfortunately do not own a sign shop with industrial strength vinyl stickers and kinda don't want to 'mess up' my disney mugs with sharpie. Any ideas on how to tell what mug belongs to who?

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: