Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #1411
m6c5a90
MaryAsh

My Disney Cup Song *Red Solo Cup Parody*

Someone I follow on Twitter posted this today and it is absolutely historical!! A parody of "Red Solo Cup" about Disney resort mugs!!

http://www.srsounds.com/forum/showth...-My-Disney-Cup
Old 08-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #1412
m6c5a90
MaryAsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6c5a90 View Post
Someone I follow on Twitter posted this today and it is absolutely historical!! A parody of "Red Solo Cup" about Disney resort mugs!!

** Mean to say hysterical not historical but hey who knows....

**FORGOT LINK HERE IT IS!!!! **
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #1413
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6c5a90 View Post

A link was posted to the video back on page 89. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1334
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #1414
Epcot Resort Area
Earning My Ears

What I saw at Roaring Forks with the mugs

On my recent trip to WDW I happened to be visiting the Wilderness Lodge and was looking around Roaring Forks. Anyway by their Ice Cream machine I saw a woman filling up her mug from it and there is a sign on there saying "Not for us with the Refilable Mugs." I couldn't help myself and laugh thinking wow did she not see what was written in front of her.
Epcot Resort Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #1415
Mave110
Earning My Ears

is it possible to use the blizzard beach mug at typhoon lagoon (with a new "sticker"?
Mave110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #1416
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginerjenny View Post
Great Idea....Maybe I'll bring a sharpie too...its the nurse in me i guess
We use a sharpie, it works out great. The this is your color would not work for us. It would get mixed up.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #1417
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave110 View Post
is it possible to use the blizzard beach mug at typhoon lagoon (with a new "sticker"?
Yes. I've used my old one at both water parks for many, many years. I just buy the new sticker each time.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #1418
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Lid Colors. We have the black, blue and pink from previous trips. I'm going again in September with Deluxe Dining (POFQ) and December with Quick Sevice Dining Plan (ASSp). Are there any other lid colors? I thought I had seen a yellow and maybe a green but were those for the now expired RFID test?
Future Trips: January 2015 - FW

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #1419
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

I'm just hoping, wishing, praying that they get a new mug design out there by March 2013! We have 4 of the present design, from 2 trips - 2 black, 1 blue, 1 pink. I really don't want 2-3 more of the same design!

Any chance I'll get my wish?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #1420
ppony
Artist in residence

We've never purchased these mugs before but might this time. Seeing that pic of the current ones has me asking about the lids. Particularly about how good the seal is? We have so MANY mugs on this house that the lids just stink on and I'm not sure if this style was one we had leak or not. Experiences??

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #1421
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
I'm just hoping, wishing, praying that they get a new mug design out there by March 2013! We have 4 of the present design, from 2 trips - 2 black, 1 blue, 1 pink. I really don't want 2-3 more of the same design!

Any chance I'll get my wish?
Yes, I expect we will see a new mug design by March 2013. By early 2013, the current design will be in rotation for two years and will be due for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
We've never purchased these mugs before but might this time. Seeing that pic of the current ones has me asking about the lids. Particularly about how good the seal is? We have so MANY mugs on this house that the lids just stink on and I'm not sure if this style was one we had leak or not. Experiences??
Well the lids help with accidental spills and they do pretty well when mostly upright. But they are not liquid-tight because of the rotating drink-hole cover. If a mug ends up on its side or upside down, it will leak. I wouldn't put a mug with any drink inside into a bag; you'd need to keep it out.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #1422
Cruisin Dave
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack
We always take a sharpie.....with 7 in our family (just 6 this year that are traveling) there are never enough handle/lid combinations that we can remember everyone's cup. We did narrow it down a bit last year....mom and dad got one color, boys got another color and girls got the turquoise color. Then we just had to label a few of them (on the bottom of the cup and side of the lid).

This year it sounds like they have even less colors to choose from...just 3? So maybe I'll figure out a waterproof tag or something I can tie on to the handles. We also take some Dawn soap and wash our mugs at night....so I need a label or ribbon that will withstand a week's worth of washes.
You should try colored cable ties. They come in many colors.
Dave
Cruisin Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #1423
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Well the lids help with accidental spills and they do pretty well when mostly upright. But they are not liquid-tight because of the rotating drink-hole cover. If a mug ends up on its side or upside down, it will leak. I wouldn't put a mug with any drink inside into a bag; you'd need to keep it out.
What I was thinking about is when you take a drink out of some cups, it is on it's side and they can and some do leake. So Iw as wondering how these did. If the only leak is from the drinking hole, they you have that covered (litterlly) . But, for instance, those Britta personal bottles. Those suckers leak all over you while you're drinking!!! Um, HELLO! I want the water IN me, not ON me.

Thanks!

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #1424
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
What I was thinking about is when you take a drink out of some cups, it is on it's side and they can and some do leake. So Iw as wondering how these did. If the only leak is from the drinking hole, they you have that covered (litterlly) . But, for instance, those Britta personal bottles. Those suckers leak all over you while you're drinking!!! Um, HELLO! I want the water IN me, not ON me.

Thanks!
Got it! No, I find these lids, even from the current set/design, to be just fine and provide a drip-free drinking experience. Unless you get a bad one I suppose...but the ones I have snap on nice and tight.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #1425
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot Resort Area View Post
On my recent trip to WDW I happened to be visiting the Wilderness Lodge and was looking around Roaring Forks. Anyway by their Ice Cream machine I saw a woman filling up her mug from it and there is a sign on there saying "Not for us with the Refilable Mugs." I couldn't help myself and laugh thinking wow did she not see what was written in front of her.
That sign is way big enough to seeHere's my funny story...So I see people at WL last week walking around with the old red, yellow and black mugs thinking to myself, are you kidding?? I know it's been a very long time since those were around. Then I saw the brown and green mugs. Finally annoyed, I mentioned something to the CM at Roaring and she told me the brown and green are lifetime mugs! What?? I have two from 1999 and told her that. She said bring them next visit. I do not recall and neither does my mom ever being told that information and we stayed at WL five times previous to this visit. Not like it matters now because of the dining plan. But when did we now have lifetime mugs available? Assuming that's the deal with the black, red, and yellow Mickey ones?

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: