Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #1261
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneham92 View Post
Last time I used a refill mug at Boardwalk Bakery I would bring the mug but they would give me the coffee in a paper cup. Do they still do this or do they actually fill your mug?
It is a sanitation issue to bring the dirty mug behind the counter. So they fill a disposable container with your beverage and you pour it into your mug.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 07-02-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: fill not will
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #1262
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It is a sanitation issue to bring the dirty mug behind the counter. So they will a disposable container with your beverage and you pour it into your mug.
Interesting. At Siesta's Cantina poolside at Coronado Springs they take the mugs behind the counter to fill them. The only requirement is that guests remove the covers first. Wonder what the difference is?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #1263
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
A couple of up-to-date refillable mug-related photos available in this easywdw.com May 2012 Port Orleans Riverside visit.

Black, blue, and pink lid selections (look on bottom shelf):

Soda choices at POR Riverside Mill:
does anyone know if they will have these available in December or are we stuck with just the Xmas themed refill mugs. I cant remember last time if they had both or not, just that we grabbed the xmas ones cuz it was xmas! now, i really wish we would have gotten the other type(if it was there), kids love to reuse these for walks and games-just not the xmas ones in July! they still use the ones from back in 1999-when the resorts were on the mugs! we tend to use them as a souvenier and have a lot of them!

2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #1264
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
does anyone know if they will have these available in December or are we stuck with just the Xmas themed refill mugs.
I predict you can expect these same Let The Memories Begin pool scene mugs during your December 2012 trip.

I am not familiar with Christmas-themed refillable mugs at the resorts. Maybe you are thinking of mugs available for purchase inside the parks that are not refillable at the resorts?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #1265
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I predict you can expect these same Let The Memories Begin pool scene mugs during your December 2012 trip.

I am not familiar with Christmas-themed refillable mugs at the resorts. Maybe you are thinking of mugs available for purchase inside the parks that are not refillable at the resorts?
we were at Disney at stayed at CBR 2 Christmas' ago(2010) and I bought the xmas mug in the park for a souvenier and it was very colorful xmas scene.....the mug from the resort was done in blues(back in 2008-we didnt purchase the resort ones last time due to how far we were from the main foos court)....I still use the xmas cups, but the kids, not in the summer! Glad to hear that they will hopefully have the others as well......I am not on the DDP(unless they were to offer it free) so we purchase our cups and use them a lot!

2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #1266
Stoneham92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It is a sanitation issue to bring the dirty mug behind the counter. So they fill a disposable container with your beverage and you pour it into your mug.
Do they let you keep it in the disposable container or do they make you fill your mug? I would much rather carry the disposable cup to the park then my refill mug?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 2015: WDW Marathon Volunteer /Jan 2014: WDW Marathon Volunteer - BWV /February 2013: 50th Celebration - BWV / Jan 2012: WDW Marathon Volunteer - Ft.Wilderness / July 2010: Brothers Free Birthday - WDW Dolphin / April 2007: Brother-in-law's family 1st trip - BWV / July 2004: Disneyland / Red sox Game / Feb 2003:40th Birthday Bash - WDW Dolphin / July 2001: Disney Magic / Feb 1997: Kids 1st trip - Ft. Wilderness / April 1986: Work friend / April 1976: 1st trip to DisneyWorld / July 1970: 1st trip to Disneyland

Stoneham92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1267
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Any photos of the current mugs available in the parks this summer? Pretty pleeease
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #1268
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Any photos of the current mugs available in the parks this summer? Pretty pleeease
See Post #1263
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #1269
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck123 View Post
See Post #1263

Those are the resort mugs. The park mugs are different.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #1270
mommycal
Mouseketeer

what do the mugs look like now? the same as the yellow ones on the 1st page? THNX, OK, ETA it looks like they're the pool/summer graphic mugs.

So how/where is the easiest way to get 5 different colored mugs. We're staying at the POR if it's any help. TIA, appreciate the tips to make getting 5 different lids!

Last edited by mommycal; 07-06-2012 at 07:18 AM.
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #1271
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
what do the mugs look like now? the same as the yellow ones on the 1st page? THNX, OK, ETA it looks like they're the pool/summer graphic mugs.

So how/where is the easiest way to get 5 different colored mugs. We're staying at the POR if it's any help. TIA, appreciate the tips to make getting 5 different lids!
See post #1263.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #1272
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post

Here's a better picture of what they look like: http://a1-rfid.com/news/wp-content/u...y_RFID_mug.jpg

You're most likely not going to be able to get 5 different colors. All I have seen recently are black, blue, and pink.

We took colorful hair elastics and put them around the handles in order to tell our mugs apart. Others have switched lids to make different color combinations.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #1273
jessthemix
Mouseketeer

My reservation invoice for the All-Star resort said that I could refill my mug at any quick-service location. Does that mean any quick-service location at the resort, or any quick-service location on Disney property, such as Cosmic Rays, for example?

I wasn't sure if this was the same refillable mug that y'all are discussing on this particular thread? Apparently, each member of my party receives a free mug as part of our travel package.

Does any of this sound familiar? We've never been to Disney; this is our very first trip, so I'm trying to learn all the rules!

Thanks in advance for your help!
jessthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #1274
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessthemix View Post
My reservation invoice for the All-Star resort said that I could refill my mug at any quick-service location. Does that mean any quick-service location at the resort, or any quick-service location on Disney property, such as Cosmic Rays, for example?

I wasn't sure if this was the same refillable mug that y'all are discussing on this particular thread? Apparently, each member of my party receives a free mug as part of our travel package.

Does any of this sound familiar? We've never been to Disney; this is our very first trip, so I'm trying to learn all the rules!

At your resort.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #1275
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessthemix View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
At your resort.
That includes all the quick service dining at the All Stars - Movies, Music and Sports.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: