Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #1216
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
I first stayed on property in May of 2009. They had the generic ones by then. I went again in February of 2011 and they have the pink, blue, and black ones and have had them since then. I think in 2008 they had the blue "year of a million dreams" mugs. Before that I have no clue
The recent mug history is roughly:

Blue Year of a Million Dreams through early 2009
Red Celebrate Today early 2009-early 2011
Current Let the Memories Begin beach scene early 2011-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyBell08 View Post
Wonder when they will switch again??
Based on the recent history I predict a new design in the first quarter of 2013.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #1217
Omninick
Childhood Reminiscer

Could you possibly edit the post or update it please? My stay at Best Western in the Lake Buena Vista area entitled me to a refillable mug as well. It might do some people good to know about the Best Western too, but my assumption is that they offer them at any hotel on the Disney property, including the separate brand name hotels like Best Western.
Omninick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #1218
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omninick View Post
Could you possibly edit the post or update it please? My stay at Best Western in the Lake Buena Vista area entitled me to a refillable mug as well. It might do some people good to know about the Best Western too, but my assumption is that they offer them at any hotel on the Disney property, including the separate brand name hotels like Best Western.
You may have gotten a refillable mug of sorts at the Best Western, but it wasn't a Disney Resort refillable mug. The Best Western isn't aon Disney property. It is just close to Disney property.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #1219
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Some people have been wondering if the purple and orange mugs really existed. When we were at Pop Century in August 2011 they had black, purple, orange, green, blue/teal/whatever, pink and yellow. Here are a couple of pics of the mugs we obtained on August 19, 2011.

EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #1220
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Some people have been wondering if the purple and orange mugs really existed. When we were at Pop Century in August 2011 they had black, purple, orange, green, blue/teal/whatever, pink and yellow. Here are a couple of pics of the mugs we obtained on August 19, 2011.

Was there the same time, it was a good time for all he colours to be available. By the end of our stay, didn't see much of the purple/yellow left

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #1221
smidgy
dimples

aw! I love the purple one! hubby now has 2 blue (teal) I have a pink and a black. wish they had had purple at cafe rix at coronado!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #1222
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Just a couple of days after EpcotBill got his purple and orange mugs, I went to Everything Pop! on 21-Aug-2011 and the only alternate choice still left was green.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #1223
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia* View Post
I am positively sure that I am going to get a response here! ...well, I hope.
The last time I was in Disney was 2005.. I know.. I'm long over due! When did they start using a generic refill mugs? I love the resort specific mug. I collect them! They are my souvenir!
The generic ones started in 2007. I know this for sure because I went in 2006 and was able to get a Port Orleans mug (it was a single design for both POFQ and POR), but when I went in 2007 they had a generic design.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #1224
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

I just had a thread locked that asked the simple question of "are the current refillable mugs the same now as they were when we were there in August. We're going again this August - with the QSDP (and thus mugs again) and I was just curious as to whether or not we were going to be getting 4 of the same mugs or if they were different. I explained in my post that I did a quick check of this sticky (which includes 75 pages) and couldn't be sure of my answer.

I was told "Everything you need to know about the rules of Disney's refillable mug program, and the rules for discussion of the program on this board, can be found in the very first post of the FAQ thread No need to wade through all of the pages."

I just have to say that the 1st page of the thread shows really old mugs on the "what do the current mugs look like" FAQ. So yes, I did in fact have to wade through all the pages to try and find my answer - which I couldn't. I'm obviously not a newbie and I'm not a rule breaker either. I was just looking for a simple answer. Rant over now, back to my regularly scheduled life...
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #1225
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
I just have to say that the 1st page of the thread shows really old mugs on the "what do the current mugs look like" FAQ. So yes, I did in fact have to wade through all the pages to try and find my answer - which I couldn't. I'm obviously not a newbie and I'm not a rule breaker either. I was just looking for a simple answer. Rant over now, back to my regularly scheduled life...
This post is at the top of this page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The recent mug history is roughly:

Blue Year of a Million Dreams through early 2009
Red Celebrate Today early 2009-early 2011
Current Let the Memories Begin beach scene early 2011-present

Based on the recent history I predict a new design in the first quarter of 2013.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #1226
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just had a thread locked that asked the simple question of "are the current refillable mugs the same now as they were when we were there in August. We're going again this August - with the QSDP (and thus mugs again) and I was just curious as to whether or not we were going to be getting 4 of the same mugs or if they were different. I explained in my post that I did a quick check of this sticky (which includes 75 pages) and couldn't be sure of my answer.

I was told "Everything you need to know about the rules of Disney's refillable mug program, and the rules for discussion of the program on this board, can be found in the very first post of the FAQ thread No need to wade through all of the pages."

I get your frustration. The pic in the first post definitely needs to be updated. Your thread was closed because ALL mug questions should be asked in this thread ONLY. While the thread is long, you can do some things to quickly find what you are looking for. The best thing to do is use the "search this thread" feature and search for the word "current". That would have gotten you to the pic/info on the mugs. Otherwise, just post your mug question here and someone will answer. No separate thread necessary.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #1227
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Yes, the mugs are the same - although you may be able to get a different colored lid/handle than the ones you currently have - depending on the selection available at the resort you are staying at

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #1228
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

My apologies for putting MY post on that closed thread just wasnt paying attention I guess, I was too busy reading up on the most recent line-cutting rant

ANYHOO, what I said about the mugs was that I miss the resort specific mugs, they were way more fun than these current generic looking ones. Just my opinion~that and a quarter will get you a cup o coffee....in an ugly mug!

cheers

litlpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #1229
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The generic ones started in 2007. I know this for sure because I went in 2006 and was able to get a Port Orleans mug (it was a single design for both POFQ and POR), but when I went in 2007 they had a generic design.
In May 2007, we got 3 DVC specific mugs at SSR. Those were the only mugs available the 10 days we were there. They say "Disney Vacation Club Spring 2007" with a pretty purple/yellow floral design. This was probably available at any DVC resort, while the others had the new, generic mugs.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #1230
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Well, I was there in December 2007 and the mug I have says 2007 on it, so the generic ones must have been introduced after you were there.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: